• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA to play on ESPN

Started by Red Devil Alum, July 17, 2017, 09:36:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil Alum

From PA's Facebook page:

"On September 15th the Bruins will host Parkway Bossier (LA) in a LIVE nationally televised game on ESPN. Parkway is headlined by TCU commit Justin Rogers who has 30 Power 5 offers. The Panthers also have the #1 rated receiver in the nation; Terrance Marshall has 25 division 1 offers, including Arkansas."

But remember, if PA beats Parkway Bossier it's because Parkway sucks.

beach bum

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on July 17, 2017, 09:36:26 pm
From PA's Facebook page:

"On September 15th the Bruins will host Parkway Bossier (LA) in a LIVE nationally televised game on ESPN. Parkway is headlined by TCU commit Justin Rogers who has 30 Power 5 offers. The Panthers also have the #1 rated receiver in the nation; Terrance Marshall has 25 division 1 offers, including Arkansas."

Is that actually on ESPN and not just one of the other channels like ESPN U or something? If so that is pretty sweet.

Beaver Fever

I wonder why they get to play onESPN and the AAA didn't let Earle?

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: beach bum on July 17, 2017, 09:49:42 pm
Is that actually on ESPN and not just one of the other channels like ESPN U or something? If so that is pretty sweet.
PA's post said ESPN, but you make a good point that it could be one of the other entities.

way2go

Quote from: Beaver Fever on July 18, 2017, 06:12:57 am

I wondered the same thing.

beach bum

Well, I know the answer to that but it would offend people to hear the truth.

#1jacketfan

Earle don't have the funds PA has...

STBruin

When was Earle going to play on ESPN? Since we played on Bleacher Report's live stream last year...makes no sense why they wouldn't let them.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on July 18, 2017, 10:48:08 am

Shhh. Lanny is watching.

zsparker93

Should be a fun matchup if you like offense. I grew up in Shreveport, and I've said for years that Louisiana football is a whole different level from Arkansas. We'll see if Parkway can back up my talk. Looking forward to a great game.

HorseFeathers

Wasn't gonna give the $$$ enough money for it to be okay right???

Quote from: STBruin on July 18, 2017, 03:58:21 pm
When was Earle going to play on ESPN? Since we played on Bleacher Report's live stream last year...makes no sense why they wouldn't let them.

Supposedly had a game offered to them by ESPN to be played in Georgia...

Red Devil Alum

Doesn't it help the AAA and Arkansas football to have a team play on national TV? I don't know anything about Earle, but PA isn't paying the AAA to let them play on tv.  Silly.

Wonderdog

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on July 18, 2017, 08:35:51 pm
Doesn't it help the AAA and Arkansas football to have a team play on national TV? I don't know anything about Earle, but PA isn't paying the AAA to let them play on tv.  Silly.
http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=151803.0

Hoghead2

I stay 3 Blocks from BC Parkway's Panther Stadium. Will PA come here next year or is this a one time deal ? Will this game be played in the mini van Stadium at PA ? Parkway has talent, but the onside kick kings are going to give them some problems. I say PA wins strictly om style of play. Parkway has never seen anything like this before. PA 48 BC Parkway 31... ESPN makes a good choice in this game.

STBruin

Quote from: Wonderdog on July 19, 2017, 01:37:16 am
http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=151803.0

From what I have heard...the AAA is only allowing teams to play out of state against border states. That is why this year PA is playing teams from OK, LA, and TN. So if Earle was going to Georgia, that might be why it was blocked.

Chip

This will be a great game.  My brother was the head coach at Parkway before he went to Wynne.  They have a good program with good athletes but so does PA.  It will be a match-up of 2 really good programs, I definitely will be watching! Good call ESPN!

Beaver Fever

I thought PA played in Utah last year, and California the year before.

old.dole

Coincidentally they changed it just this year apparently lol

BigLion10

If PA would have had the chance to play in Georgia like Earle the AAA would have been up in arms trying to help them get there

BigLion10

PA has been to Cali, Utah, and Kentucky the last 4 years

STBruin

Quote from: BigLion10 on July 19, 2017, 12:11:19 pm
PA has been to Cali, Utah, and Kentucky the last 4 years

Oh I know...cause I have been to Utah and Kentucky with them...but from what I heard they have put a stop to playing any out of state games other than border states.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: STBruin on July 19, 2017, 01:19:21 pm
Oh I know...cause I have been to Utah and Kentucky with them...but from what I heard they have put a stop to playing any out of state games other than border states.
Which makes no sense. If a school can pull it off, let them do it.

Wonderdog

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on July 19, 2017, 03:09:09 pm
Which makes no sense. If a school can pull it off, let them do it.
I concur. I just hate that Earle had that opportunity and it has been denied to them.

AT

I just hope Parkway Bossier has brought their college ruled paper to measure from hash to hash before they play PA.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wonderdog on July 19, 2017, 08:20:37 pm
I concur. I just hate that Earle had that opportunity and it has been denied to them.

If a school has the opportunity to appear on t.v in a good way....then the AAA should step out of the way....

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 19, 2017, 08:28:40 pm
If a school has the opportunity to appear on t.v in a good way....then the AAA should step out of the way....
Exactly the AAA should stop dictating who a team can play if it's in a good way

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Almatrackster on July 19, 2017, 08:25:12 pm
I just hope Parkway Bossier has brought their college ruled paper to measure from hash to hash before they play PA.

VERY underrated post.  That thread was pure gold.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on July 20, 2017, 02:24:00 pm
VERY underrated post.  That thread was pure gold.
I didn't understand it. What am I missing?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 19, 2017, 08:28:40 pm
Everyone should calm down until they know details. The posts from a couple of Earle posters were pretty sketchy.

AT

AT

Quote from: Almatrackster on July 20, 2017, 06:52:19 pm
Here you go:

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=137458.0

Reply 13 on is where it gets interesting since the thread itself looks innocent enough at first.

makessense

My information is second hand (ie not from a head coach, AD, or from the AAA).  The AAA is allowing any Arkansas team to play a team in a border state but will only allow a team to travel across that boundary if it is a home and home series.  I know PA has done this over the last few years but I am not sure about any others.  My assumption is this only effects football.  Anyone know the details around this?

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Almatrackster on July 20, 2017, 06:53:37 pm
Reply 13 on is where it gets interesting since the thread itself looks innocent enough at first.
That's pretty funny stuff.

Okieback

Quote from: STBruin on July 19, 2017, 08:20:55 am
From what I have heard...the AAA is only allowing teams to play out of state against border states. That is why this year PA is playing teams from OK, LA, and TN. So if Earle was going to Georgia, that might be why it was blocked.

AAA also makes teams pay to go to an out of state scrimmage too from what I've been told.  That's just greedy.

Chief_Osceola™

That sounds kind of like Randy Marsh on Wheel of Fortune.  "Well I think I know the answer, but I don't want to say it."

Rulesman

Quote from: Okieback on July 24, 2017, 09:50:22 am
AAA also makes teams pay to go to an out of state scrimmage too from what I've been told.
Who told you that?

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: Almatrackster on July 20, 2017, 06:53:37 pm

That was pure gold!!! Glad you let the rest of us in on this one!!!

BruinBacker

High School rankings are pretty meaningless, especially in the preseason.  However, Parkway Bossier is preseason #92 and PA is preseason #97 (the only Arkansas team ranked) in High School Football America's poll.  Ought to be a great game Sep 12th!

http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/high-school-football-america-preseason-top-100/

Overdahill

July 31, 2017, 07:02:07 pm #38 Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 07:08:29 am by Overdahill
Go Bruins! Represent! interesting that a number of PA's former out of state opponents also in this year's pre-season 100: Chamindade (CA), SLC East (Utah), Highland Park (Texas)

Maynard G Krebs

Maybe I'll be in a crowd shot on ESPN and be discovered 😜

Overdahill

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on August 01, 2017, 06:17:43 pm
Maybe I'll be in a crowd shot on ESPN and be discovered 😜

Are you coming by Limo again?  8)

Maynard G Krebs

SUGARTOWN

Overdahill

Maynard G Krebs

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on July 17, 2017, 09:36:26 pm
From PA's Facebook page:

Yep, that's usually the norm. Or they're just not as good as they used to be.

Complete Biased PoV

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: STBruin on July 19, 2017, 08:20:55 am

This is a true statement!  They are saying the student-athletes miss too much school.  But, lets not talk about state basketball tournaments being played in all corners of the state and starting on a Tuesday!  Also guess there will be no more baseball and softball teams traveling to Gulf Shores for tournaments.  Worst thing the AAA can do for the promotion of Arkansas athletics.

BigLion10

its All about the Benjamins for AAA

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on August 07, 2017, 11:24:50 am
This is a true statement!  They are saying the student-athletes miss too much school.  But, lets not talk about state basketball tournaments being played in all corners of the state and starting on a Tuesday!  Also guess there will be no more baseball and softball teams traveling to Gulf Shores for tournaments.  Worst thing the AAA can do for the promotion of Arkansas athletics.

Their argument to answer the why or why not of a situation changes to fit their arbitrary enforcement of a specific rule, likely depending on the team in question.  It seems to work a lot like the NCAA with regard to punishment for rule-breakers.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas