• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lakeside (Lake Village)

Started by coachsearch, March 08, 2017, 09:25:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkansauce

Quote from: couldbetheone17 on April 24, 2017, 02:46:35 pm
If it is a Mississippi coach they are speaking of, He has Arkansas roots and ties to Lakeside so has an idea of what is going on...
And so did the Coaches prior to Norton. Sanders was at Leland prior to and Werb was at Dermott. It's going to take more than knowing what's going on!

delta0911

Quote from: couldbetheone17 on April 24, 2017, 02:46:35 pm
If it is a Mississippi coach they are speaking of, He has Arkansas roots and ties to Lakeside so has an idea of what is going on...

Williams at St. Joseph and Morphis at Hamburg are two names kids know.

SEAFOOTBALLFAN

Williams ar st Joe has established  himself as a pretty decent defensive minded coordinator and has help lead and develop a good program at st. Joe. Morphis has just been a assistant position coach both been at lakeside before.. I think williams might be best fit.. not sure..

fromthehills

April 24, 2017, 06:18:40 pm #53 Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 06:20:58 pm by fromthehills
Quote from: couldbetheone17 on April 24, 2017, 04:56:10 pm
Williams ar st Joe has established  himself as a pretty decent defensive minded coordinator and has help lead and develop a good program at st. Joe. Morphis has just been a assistant position coach both been at lakeside before.. I think williams might be best fit.. not sure..

Morphis is a coordinator at hamburg....just in the interest of presenting all the cards here.  Neither has been a head coach so best fitis who knows.....and having followed them for more than a few years, what the coaches at Hamburg have done is great.  I think we can leave the decent program part out of that debate.  Not sure it would be a game between st joe and hamburg any of the last 5 years i've seen them.

fromthehills

Quote from: fromthehills on April 24, 2017, 06:18:40 pm
Morphis is a coordinator at hamburg....just in the interest of presenting all the cards here.  Neither has been a head coach so best fitis who knows.....and having followed them for more than a few years, what the coaches at Hamburg have done is great.  I think we can leave the decent program part out of that debate.  Not sure it would be a game between st joe and hamburg any of the last 5 years i've seen them.
Now this is one sided as i have never had the honor of watching st joe play

fromthehills

But whoever it is that gets it best of luck with the job and hopefully they get it turned around!

Arkansauce

Quote from: fromthehills on April 24, 2017, 06:31:33 pm
But whoever it is that gets it best of luck with the job and hopefully they get it turned around!
Well from what I saw this past season it's already been turned around. So whoever gets it should try to stick to the script that's already in place. Word of advice don't try to do too much or else you will be in trouble.

WHITEchicken

If someone gets it from Mississippi I would guess that it will be someone trying to double dip and won't really care about the program and then it will go back to what it has been lately.

Jimbo Morphis

Was morphis the baseball coach at Lakeside a few years ago that actually had them decent? One of the best coaching jobs I've seen along with their football coach last year.

fromthehills

April 24, 2017, 07:31:51 pm #59 Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 07:35:20 pm by fromthehills
Quote from: Oldman on April 24, 2017, 07:03:59 pm
Was morphis the baseball coach at Lakeside a few years ago that actually had them decent? One of the best coaching jobs I've seen along with their football coach last year.

Hes been at hamburg at least three that i remember and i think he came from a small school in south arkansas but cant remember the place.  Not sure he would have been there "a few years ago"  im under the impression he went to school at lakeside.  If he coached there it must have been early on.

Jimbo Morphis

I could be wrong but that would be a first.

Made

Quote from: Oldman on April 24, 2017, 08:20:47 pm
I could be wrong but that would be a first.
.....dude, you're not a woman

Longfellow

Quote from: Made on April 24, 2017, 08:29:16 pm
.....dude, you're not a woman
Did you just assume his gender? This is 2017. That's technically a hate crime

Arkansauce

Quote from: Oldman on April 24, 2017, 07:03:59 pm
You must be thinking about Coach McDonald who's the head football coach at Beekman Charter in Louisiana and who should've been the head football coach at Lakeside 4 years ago.

Made

Quote from: Longfellow on April 24, 2017, 08:48:02 pm
Did you just assume his gender? This is 2017. That's technically a hate crime
Nope, just stating that only a female is never wrong.

SEAFOOTBALLFAN

They are both graduates of Lakeside. They have both coached there before, and they both have moved on to get experience. If they are in fact in the running for the job. They both should have the heart and motivation to keep up the turn around.  They will need some luck and help with the administration. I wish both best of the luck if either one of them get the job.

SEAFOOTBALLFAN

Quote from: fromthehills on April 24, 2017, 06:21:41 pm
Now this is one sided as i have never had the honor of watching st joe play

In doing some research, St. Joe for a small school (175 students) has consistently had 25- 30 players out for football for past 10 years. They have consistently sent players to the next level.

Arkansauce

I am really good friends with Coach Green and he told me that Spring Ball is scheduled to start May 1.  If either one of these coaches get the job are they gonna be there or are they gonna try to let Green run the Spring?

delta0911

Quote from: couldbetheone17 on April 25, 2017, 08:13:18 am
In doing some research, St. Joe for a small school (175 students) has consistently had 25- 30 players out for football for past 10 years. They have consistently sent players to the next level.

Research? If you're from this area, they are well known. Recruit like a small college, hand pick their kids. Have taken many from Arkansas side of river. Public school association in Mississippi kicked them out, playing rinky dink private school league ball now.

I don't know the guy, not a personal attack on him, but St. Joesph success needs an asterisk as they blatantly and openly recruit.

SEAFOOTBALLFAN

Quote from: Arkansauce on April 25, 2017, 08:14:19 am
I am really good friends with Coach Green and he told me that Spring Ball is scheduled to start May 1.  If either one of these coaches get the job are they gonna be there or are they gonna try to let Green run the Spring?

I would think whoever it is being one of these guys or anyone else if hired by then. Any new head coach would want to run spring and start implementing  their philosophies.

SEAFOOTBALLFAN

Quote from: delta0911 on April 25, 2017, 08:33:28 am
Research? If you're from this area, they are well known. Recruit like a small college, hand pick their kids. Have taken many from Arkansas side of river. Public school association in Mississippi kicked them out, playing rinky dink private school league ball now.

I don't know the guy, not a personal attack on him, but St. Joesph success needs an asterisk as they blatantly and openly recruit.

Not sure about that but looking at Maxpreps and missfootball.com of the records and stats over the years.

Arkansauce

Congrats to Coach Chris Williams on being named the new Head Coach for Lakeside Beaver Football!!! I wish you nothing but the best and I'll be watching!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Arkansauce on April 26, 2017, 08:02:47 am
Congrats to Coach Chris Williams on being named the new Head Coach for Lakeside Beaver Football!!! I wish you nothing but the best and I'll be watching!
Give us some info on him.

Arkansauce

Quote from: Oldman on April 26, 2017, 08:44:46 am
Give us some info on him.
He was an assistant here some years ago. Left and went to St. Joseph over in Mississippi as an assistant and DC. He's now returning as the head man for the Beavers.  It'll be interesting to see how he transitions from coaching against primarily spread teams to coaching against old school power run teams, especially that FEARED McGehee Wing-T!!! ;D

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Arkansauce on April 26, 2017, 09:12:21 am
He was an assistant here some years ago. Left and went to St. Joseph over in Mississippi as an assistant and DC. He's now returning as the head man for the Beavers.  It'll be interesting to see how he transitions from coaching against primarily spread teams to coaching against old school power run teams, especially that FEARED McGehee Wing-T!!! ;D
Maybe he can keep some of those Chicot county kids from going across the river to school.

Arkansauce

Quote from: Oldman on April 26, 2017, 10:03:39 am
Maybe he can keep some of those Chicot county kids from going across the river to school.
Maybe so.

Da Truff

I've always thought that Lake Village could be a hot bed of talent.

dragondad

LVLS won the district track meet yesterday.

Code3Cat

Heard a rumor today that Williams backed out.  Anyone know if there is any truth to it?

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: WHITEchicken on March 08, 2017, 01:47:21 pm
Enough talent to win multiple state championships. Only needs someone to go in and put some discipline in and actually stay for more than a year. If the same coach stayed there for 5 years and half knew what he was doing I would say at least one state championship would not be a stretch.

The last time I watched Rison play them, I thought they had some good athletes - but not much discipline and coaching.

WHITEchicken

Hopefully some of the lakeside kids read this post and understand how much potential they have. Hopefully the admin reads it to and gets someone in that is going to stay a while.

Arkansauce

Quote from: Code3Cat on May 09, 2017, 06:20:52 pm
Heard a rumor today that Williams backed out.  Anyone know if there is any truth to it?
Not True!!!!!!!!!

SEAFOOTBALLFAN

What is the word out of spring with him?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Da Truff on April 26, 2017, 10:58:30 am
I've always thought that Lake Village could be a hot bed of talent.

When them and Eudora first consolidated everyone thought that could happen....I think they won a couple playoff games when they dropped to 3a the first time...but nothing since then

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas