• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MikeDiesel's AAAA Top Ten Boys

Started by MikeDiesel™, February 06, 2006, 07:36:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeDiesel™

February 06, 2006, 07:36:22 pm Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 11:14:31 pm by Mike Diesel a.k.a. Freak
Here is my rankings as of right now in the state for Boys.  I expect some of you to disagree and that's ok.  Just let me know what you think.  Give me some good input and maybe you'll convince me to put your team in a higher spot for next week.  Some of these may surprise you.  Some may make you wonder.  Have fun.

1.  Mills 18-4, 9-0
I bet most people expected me to put Blytheville, but these Comets are for real.  Mills has won 10 straight since a 1 point loss to Jacksonville in the Red Devil Classic.  Mills seems to be rolling through arguably the 2nd toughest AAAA conference in the state (maybe toughest).  West Helena came the closest to Mills in conference only losing by 12 (at Helena).  That's just flat out domination.  Mills' four losses have been to LR Parkview, LR Hall, Rogers, and Jacksonville.  They have definitely had a tough championship caliber schedule and they have shined.

2. Blytheville19-1, 7-1
Blytheville's 19-1 record is very impressive, especially considering that they play in the AAAA East.  Their non-conference schedule wasn't a breeze either.  Decisive wins over Poplar Bluff, MO, and Charleston, MO in the early season and a victory over Jonesboro in the NEA tourney highlighted the early season schedule.  The only loss on the year was at a very tough Greene County Tech team.  For the Chicks to go further than they did last year at state, they must learn to win games when they are not "on".  Oh, and they have got to get the ball inside more!  This is a very well-rounded team with inside and outside power.  If they can get that 1 seed from the East, then it could set up another semi-final matchup with Mills at state.

3.  Magnolia 16-3, 7-1
This is a team I wasn't really sure about, but Bozeman is the real deal.  The win at LR Fair solidifies their ranking near the top of this group.  I am still a little confused about the loss to Shiloh Christian who is not really known as a basketball powerhouse by any means.  The loss to Arkadelphia in their first conference game was vindicated this past Friday night.  This team is building up a nice resume on their way to hosting the state tournament.  I definitely wouldn't count them out as they'll be on the opposite side of the bracket from Mills and Blytheville.

4. Marion 14-3, 5-3
This Marion team isn't the same as last year's Patriots.  But, they are very deadly.  They have everything except for height.  But, their 'guards' can play down low with the best of them.  When this team is hitting their outside shots they are deadly.  Cheers, Spencer, and Nance are a solid guard combination.  And no offense to the West, but if the Patriots can pull off the 2 seed from the East, it's definitely the easiest route to the semifinals.  Two of Marion's 3 losses have come to Blytheville, and the 3rd loss came to an amazingly solid Wynne basketball team.

5. LR Fair 17-3, 6-2
First off, does anyone know the outcome of the Fair-Parkview game in the Jammin For Jackets Tournament?  I haven't been able to find it anywhere.  I'm guessing that Fair won considering that everyone lists Fair as only having 3 losses and HS Lakeside, Magnolia, and Conway are 3 losses.  But, Fair is always bound to have a pretty solid team.  They are a team that could beat pretty much anyone on any given night, but they lack a little consistency (the Lakeside loss at home for example).  Their early season victory against GCT shows they are capable of beating one of the best from the East.  They could easily get hot at state and make a run through to the finals.

6. Monticello 15-5, 6-3
This team is prime for a deep playoff run.  As the Demozette mentioned, and I've seen on here, they are finally healthy and are dangerous.  Not only are they talented, but early season injuries and helped to strengthen the Billies bench.  Monticello's conference losses have come to Mills, Crossett, and West Helena (I'm guessing).  And none of those are slouches.  Coach Sherrer has this team primed and ready and peaking at just the right time.  Look for the Billies to give one of the top teams a real problem in state and possibly pulling off an "upset."

7. Greene County Tech 16-4, 7-1
GCT definitely has an argument for being higher on this list, but early season losses at both AA BIC and Hughes makes it tough for me to push them much higher on this list.  The almost ugly loss at home to Marion isn't a bad loss, and the Eagles showed they have the ability to change their gameplan to come back from a big deficit against a good team.  The win over Blytheville is definitely the most impressive victory of the season, and if they can play that perfect on a regular basis, then they are bound to win a few more against the 'big dogs' of the AAAA.  Coach Bowlin is a great coach and prepares his players very well. 

8. Wynne 13-6, 6-2
Lonnie Harris has kept this team on the rise all year.  He is one of the top players in the East and can score from inside and especially out.  This Yellowjacket team has played Blytheville close twice at Blytheville.  Their victory over Marion was pretty impressive and they also played GCT to within 2 points.  The early season loss to Bald Knob was definitely a downfall.  But, the rest of their losses have been to very solid teams:  Forrest City, Blytheville, and GCT.  Coach Gross has done an amazing job taking this 'football school' to playoff contention in basketball.  As the probable 4 seed, it will probably be a first round exit to Mills, but Wynne will give the Comets all they want.

9. Crossett 12-7, 8-2
Jeremy Evans has single-handily won some amazing games in this season.  And to help things out for the Eagles, some other playmakers have stepped up.  This is one of the more confusing teams of the season having losses to AAA schools McGehee and Pulaski Academy, but having beaten Monticello once.  The Eagles have the 2nd best conference record in the 2nd best conference in the state.  However you look at it, that is pretty impressive.  They might be a little high at this point.  But, after #8, there are about 5-6 teams that could go in these last two spots.

10.  Harrison 18-3, 6-2
Harrison's record is pretty impressive.  And considering that I have no clue how good the 3 Missouri schools they have beaten are, I can't make a perfect judgement on their non-conference schedule.  Losing to Batesville is what has kept me from putting them any higher than 10th on this ranking. 

One the outside looking in:
Morrilton 13-9, 6-2
Seems to be improving quite a bit since early in the season.

Huntsville 17-5, 5-3
Early season victories over Bentonville and Russellville followed by conference losses to Greenwood, Greenbrier, and Morrilton.  Ups and Downs.

West Helena Central 11-10, 5-5
Ten losses is quite a few, but they have played a very solid schedule (probably the toughest in the AAAA)

Vilonia 16-4, 5-3
Lots and lots of early season victories over a subpar schedule.

jroc09

i beliive that wynne is overrated in your top ten.....they will i know for sure have atleast 5 maybe 6 total loses in conf. for the year....havin to travel to marion, gct and bville.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: jroc09 on February 06, 2006, 07:48:54 pm
i beliive that wynne is overrated in your top ten.....they will i know for sure have atleast 5 maybe 6 total loses in conf. for the year....havin to travel to marion, gct and bville.

They've already traveled to Blytheville twice.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: G™ on February 06, 2006, 07:56:06 pm
Vilonia's 5-3 in conference, not 6-3.

Pretty darn good rankings.

Got it fixed, must have hit the wrong button.

Thanks.

MarionTrackStar44

might wanna add that marion lost to wynne with our best player (cheers)..on bench due to injury an only loss by 2....we marion people still see us with only 2 losses an thats to the best..BVILLE

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: MarionTrackStar44 on February 06, 2006, 08:21:38 pm
might wanna add that marion lost to wynne with our best player (cheers)..on bench due to injury an only loss by 2....we marion people still see us with only 2 losses an thats to the best..BVILLE

Yet, for some reason, it still shows 3 losses in that conference loss column for y'all. 

MarionTrackStar44

yea u right.....they gonna be two more in that column after wynne spanks us again..then tech gets there revenge....o well good luck in state to them teams that will make it....us maniacs tryin figure out wich team we plan on cheering on in magnolia....i think morrilton jus cuz i like bbmom

trackstar07

why would anyone say wynne is overrated. they did beat marion and a very close loss to tech.. @ TECH! to beat gct at home u hve to be at least 10 points better than them cuz of their refs. our losses to bville werent that bad and we deserved them but besides that.. wynne is a solid team this year. i think monticello should be #8, wynne #7, GCT# 6, and i dont know much about LR fair but by looking at their record, should be ranked higher than marion.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: trackstar08 on February 06, 2006, 08:47:08 pm
why would anyone say wynne is overrated. they did beat marion and a very close loss to tech.. @ TECH! to beat gct at home u hve to be at least 10 points better than them cuz of their refs. our losses to bville werent that bad and we deserved them but besides that.. wynne is a solid team this year. i think monticello should be #8, wynne #7, GCT# 6, and i dont know much about LR fair but by looking at their record, should be ranked higher than marion.

Umm..trackstar, I do believe the Wynne-GCT game was at Wynne.  You can correct me if I'm wrong though.

MarionTrackStar44

Jacketfan

Quote from: Mike Diesel a.k.a. Freak on February 06, 2006, 08:53:27 pm
Quote from: trackstar08 on February 06, 2006, 08:47:08 pm

Umm..trackstar, I do believe the Wynne-GCT game was at Wynne. You can correct me if I'm wrong though.

Right...it was in Wynne.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: MarionTrackStar44 on February 06, 2006, 08:56:12 pm
wrong..in tech

Every place I can find on the web has that game that Tech won by two being played at Wynne.   So, I guess I'm wrong though.

trackstar07

wow i feel like an idiot now. my bad guys. it was in wynne. but still.. i stand by my point on the rankings

MarionTrackStar44

O..well wynne person had told me they lost in tech

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: trackstar08 on February 06, 2006, 09:05:23 pm
wow i feel like an idiot now. my bad guys. it was in wynne. but still.. i stand by my point on the rankings

I don't think there's any difference at all in the records of Marion and Fair.  And what is your reasoning for putting both Tech and Wynne ahead of Monticello?

Boss Man

I will say that those rankings are very very accurate. You might be a little generous to us but I believe thats about right on account that the West Helena lost was just a flat out poor performance but still a loss. Hopefully we won't see ourselves in the ADG Top 10 because well we are doing fine out of it.

trackstar07

I don't think there's any difference at all in the records of Marion and Fair. And what is your reasoning for putting both Tech and Wynne ahead of Monticello?

wynne and tech are both in a harder conference (east) therefore they have had a harder schedule. monticello also lost to west helena and crossett. both are teams that do not impress me.  as i said previously,  i dont know much about fair because ive never seen them play and from what u said about their 3 loses, they are all good teams. i would ahve just put them in front of marion. but i didnt make this thread so what i think doesnt really matter.

Boss Man

Have you seen Monticello, Crossett, or West Helena play? Plus the Southeast is just as good as the East. Not to mention conference games are harder to play because a coach and team knows you. There are a lot of conference losses that happen not because a team is better but because they know how to play you and know your tendencies that a team won't know in the State Tournament.

MarionTrackStar44

naw....se not even close to east....jus wait until we match up wit yal in magnolia....you'll see which conference is better

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: MarionTrackStar44 on February 06, 2006, 09:23:01 pm
naw....se not even close to east....jus wait until we match up wit yal in magnolia....you'll see which conference is better

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there MTS.  The SE is right up there with the East as far as strength goes.  And they might be deeper.

trackstar07

they are right up there but i dont think they are better

MarionTrackStar44

i dnt even think they up there...but i forgot..who can compete wit bville...not marion

bbmom

Thanks for taking the time to rank the AAAA teams, Freak. You do a great job of keeping everyone informed about what's happening outside their conference.

As far as the West goes...tomorrow night should tell what the Mo-Town Devil Dogs are made of. They face Harrison at Harrison--not an easy place to win. The teams are tied for first. Morrilton won at home in January and the Goblins will be hoping for revenge. The Mo-Town guys have been playing great lately and I think they can pull it off, but we'll see tomorrow night how it goes.

msubulldogs21

Very nice job on the rankings Mike Diesel, I can't argue with that.

Right now I think I'd also have to put Mills as the number one team over Blytheville but not by much. They have been playing excellent and will be very tough to beat but had Blytheville not lost at GCT I think they'd be the favorite over them. With the way things are going right now for both teams I expect Mills and Blytheville to meet up in the semi's at the state tournament. If they do, that will be a great game to watch!

hoopstar

As every one has said, I think those rankings are very accurate...it is a shame that the SE and East are matched up in the state tourney....those are going to be some great first round games....As of 2/6/06 they would be GCT vs White Hall, Blytheville vs Monticello, Wynne vs Crossett, and Marion vs Mills...it is going to be wild in Magnolia....

MarionTrackStar44

dang...we dont want mills in 1st round...so guess we gonna have to get that second seed :) sry tech........yea it will be wild...cant wait!!

PhattyGurl

Thanks for listing our boys on your list.  I too think our guys will go a long way in the state tourney, if they play hard and limit turnovers they will succeed.  I thought the game at Fair was a tough one.  They were down a while before claiming the lead.  But I knew they would win because better competition brings out the best in them.  Jonathon Grooms is playing more consistently now and he has the size and the power to be an offensive threat, plus he is banging on the boards too.  I know these fellows after having 2 back-to-back losing seasons theses guys are determined to win anyway they know to be in the Alltel arena.

pimpinpats06

Those ranking are looking pretty good. Mills and Blytheville are clearly the best teams and as of right now the favorites to match up in the rock. I liked your comment, Freak, about if Marion can get the 2 seed it can be a much much easier road to the semi's b/c we will face teams from the West who are having a down year. So come on Chicks beat Tech for us Friday nite!!

mase2006

Marion = excuses

BUT... I will see ya'll Friday for the game in Marion...

MarionTrackStar44

mase, jus for talking smack like that...u will SEE us friday...that must suck that all the maniacs know what u look like...dang..i feel sry for u.......an wynne good luck...seein how yal will end up wit 4th seed....that ride to magnolia is gonna be pointless for yal.....mills will put yal out in first game!!

trackstar07

in case u havent looked in a while, wynne has a better con. record than marion. so right now we are ranked higher than marion. and after the game friday, we will easily get the 3rd seed or better. ill be at the game friday just to see how bad the jackets beat yall.

mase2006

Quote from: MarionTrackStar44 on February 07, 2006, 01:09:47 pm
mase, jus for talking smack like that...u will SEE us friday...that must suck that all the maniacs know what u look like...dang..i feel sry for u.......an wynne good luck...seein how yal will end up wit 4th seed....that ride to magnolia is gonna be pointless for yal.....mills will put yal out in first game!!

haha calm down pimpin... i was just playin with ya!  i will meet ya friday at the game if ya want to?!  peace. not war. lol

MarionTrackStar44

HA HA HA ..ok buddy IF yal win please  rush the court an come rub it in our faces...lol..sike....good luck cuz now that E is back ..MERCY RULE!!!!! if wynne beats us i will never get on FF ever again in my life..that a FACT!!!

trackstar07

hey mase. u comin to the game tonight? wear ur shirt. ill be wearin mine tonight and then all friday. ull be able to spot me out. its a BRIGHT gold shirt w/ some blue writing on it. hey trackstar.. u better write ur farewell message friday afternoon before the game...

mase2006

Quote from: trackstar08 on February 07, 2006, 04:55:58 pm
hey mase. u comin to the game tonight? wear ur shirt. ill be wearin mine tonight and then all friday. ull be able to spot me out. its a BRIGHT gold shirt w/ some blue writing on it. hey trackstar.. u better write ur farewell message friday afternoon before the game...

my shirt is in the washer... I will probably wear it Friday @ Marion though... im serious pimpin... tell me what you will be wearin and i will talk to ya without startin a riot lol

AB™

I think everyone is greatly misjudging the West.  I mean we might win one game in the state tournament.  ;D

chicks_hogs12

bbmom

I've been watching AAAA West games for a long time & this is the first time I've seen Alma like this--especially the guys. I know it's a tough year for y'all, but hang in there. You got some rings last year--two sets--and I'm sure it won't be long before you'll be the team we all fear again. Most of the folks in Mo-Town highly respect Alma--your school always has top notch programs in a lot of areas. Just an off year. I know that doesn't make it easy for this year's team, though. (But your girls have a good shot being tied for 3rd. I think they'll make one of the top 4 slots.)

And as far as the rest of the west goes...Huntsville, Morrilton, Harrison & Vilonia guys have all been pretty evenly matched in the games they've played against each other. Haven't seen any other conference teams play, so either these four teams are really, really good or really, really bad.  ;D I'm thinking they're pretty good, y'all!

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: bbmom on February 08, 2006, 10:34:31 pm

And as far as the rest of the west goes...Huntsville, Morrilton, Harrison & Vilonia guys have all been pretty evenly matched in the games they've played against each other. Haven't seen any other conference teams play, so either these four teams are really, really good or really, really bad. ;D I'm thinking they're pretty good, y'all!

Gotta agree with ya 100 % bbmom......I think we are all just really ,really good  ;) 

athletic supporter

1.  Mills 18-4, 9-0
I bet most people expected me to put Blytheville, but these Rockets are for real.  Mills has won 10 straight since a 1 point loss to Jacksonville in the Red Devil Classic.  Mills seems to be rolling through arguably the 2nd toughest AAAA conference in the state (maybe toughest).  West Helena came the closest to Mills in conference only losing by 12 (at Helena).  That's just flat out domination.  Mills' four losses have been to LR Parkview, LR Hall, Rogers, and Jacksonville.  They have definitely had a tough championship caliber schedule and they have shined.

When did Mills change their mascot? You would think if they are the best team in the state you would know that they are the Comets. C'mon Freak, you disappoint me, man.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: youthguy on February 08, 2006, 11:11:34 pm
1. Mills 18-4, 9-0
I bet most people expected me to put Blytheville, but these Rockets are for real. Mills has won 10 straight since a 1 point loss to Jacksonville in the Red Devil Classic. Mills seems to be rolling through arguably the 2nd toughest AAAA conference in the state (maybe toughest). West Helena came the closest to Mills in conference only losing by 12 (at Helena). That's just flat out domination. Mills' four losses have been to LR Parkview, LR Hall, Rogers, and Jacksonville. They have definitely had a tough championship caliber schedule and they have shined.

When did Mills change their mascot? You would think if they are the best team in the state you would know that they are the Comets. C'mon Freak, you disappoint me, man.

What in the world.  I was thinking Comets!  I'm not sure what I was doing.  I apologize to all Comets everywhere.  Wow.

chicks_hogs12

so i was just wondering how did mills lose to rogers? i'm not taking anything away from mills or rogers i just didn't know rogers was good

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: chicks_hogs12 on February 08, 2006, 11:33:14 pm
so i was just wondering how did mills lose to rogers? i'm not taking anything away from mills or rogers i just didn't know rogers was good

Rogers is 18-4 right now, so that's not too bad right there.

chicks_hogs12

they just don't stick out in my mind on having a big basketball school

chicks_hogs12

so how bout them rockets big mike.   hahahahhahaha

AB™

Quote from: chicks_hogs12 on February 09, 2006, 12:33:50 am
they just don't stick out in my mind on having a big basketball school

Two people.

Marty Barnes.

Kane Moix.

pimpinpats06

Quote from: mase2006 on February 07, 2006, 05:50:01 pm

my shirt is in the washer... I will probably wear it Friday @ Marion though... im serious pimpin... tell me what you will be wearin and i will talk to ya without startin a riot lol

Hey lets be easy w/ calling everybody pimpin.. i mean we all kno im the one n only... i liked ur "The Prez" shirt is that the 1 ur talking about??

mase2006

Quote from: pimpinpats06 on February 09, 2006, 08:42:10 pm
Quote from: mase2006 on February 07, 2006, 05:50:01 pm

Hey lets be easy w/ calling everybody pimpin.. i mean we all kno im the one n only... i liked ur "The Prez" shirt is that the 1 ur talking about??

haha its about time i get along with someone from Marion on here! lol   you might be the only TRUE pimp in the m-town... who knows?   

you really liked that shirt? lol   the dude is not talkin about that prez shirt, he is talkin about a new one that is gold with blue letters and says "stand proud and support whs" or sumthin like that... but i might just wear that prez shirt since ya like it so much PIMPIN haha

MarionTrackStar44

omg this dude is such a loser...he actually thinks he got a friend in marion...dude are u sure ur not in resource along wit hogsrule44??...dude ur cuz sara dont even like ya..dang that gotta suck to go to wynne!! .........:) lata "pimpin"

mase2006

February 10, 2006, 09:39:36 am #49 Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 10:10:23 am by mase2006
Quote from: MarionTrackStar44 on February 10, 2006, 06:56:18 am
omg this dude is such a loser...he actually thinks he got a friend in marion...dude are u sure ur not in resource along wit hogsrule44??...dude ur cuz sara dont even like ya..dang that gotta suck to go to wynne!! .........:) lata "pimpin"

haha so you got jokes now?  but the only real joke is your sex life  later "pimpin"

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas