• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blytheville - GCT game Friday

Started by ChickasawPride, February 06, 2006, 08:47:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ChickasawPride

News flash from the Blytheville Adm.

Blytheville will NOT presale tickets for this game. The gates open at 4:00.
All tickets are $4.00. The first 1,987 people that show up will get in. after that, the doors will be locked.
For Tech fans, I recomend that you use the East gate. The line is always shorter there.  Mostly the adults and season ticket holders use this one.  The railrumblers will be allowed to stand, if they do NOT block the walkways, esp. the upstairs walkway. Just stand on the bleachers. 
Let's have a good time, cheer on our teams, be respectful to others.

PATRIOTPLAYER54

eaglepride

I wish i could make it this friday. This should be a intense game and tough road game for Tech. I have alot of respect for blytheville and i don't think either team will have an easy time winning. Especially if this game is anything like the last.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: eaglepride on February 06, 2006, 02:07:14 pm
Especially if this game is anything like the last.

I guarentee this won't be like the last game.  The refs for this game are actually competent.

I do expect a great game.  The only way Tech wins this one is if they come out playing better than they did at Tech.  I just don't think they can play THAT perfect 2 times in one season.

eaglepride

Yeah, i think last game Tech definitely did there "homework" and came ready to play.  Blytheville, by no means, had a bad game. It seemed as if they didn't miss a shot.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: eaglepride on February 06, 2006, 02:20:41 pm
Yeah, i think last game Tech definitely did there "homework" and came ready to play. Blytheville, by no means, had a bad game. It seemed as if they didn't miss a shot.

We missed quite a few shots that game (especially early), but the turnovers is what killed Blytheville at Tech.  Some of those turnovers were on bogus calls, but so were a couple of the ones against Tech.  Either way, if the 2 teams play just like they did last game, then I think the Chicks come out on top by 0 or more.

hunt5747

I think the score will be 72-67 with the Chicks taking the win!

chicks_fan

Quote from: hunt5747 on February 06, 2006, 04:10:08 pm
I think the score will be 72-67 with the Chicks taking the win!

I dont think it will be that high scoring of a game. I do think the Chicks will take this rematch though by a close margin.

rambo12

If GCT can shoot from outside like they did in the first game, they can win. I hope Blytheville will have a better gameplan this time.  I would be very surprised if Blytheville doesn't get into a matchup zone early in this one.

LilBit 21

do you think that GCT girls will win?

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: LilBit 21 on February 06, 2006, 06:01:07 pm
do you think that GCT girls will win?

I think that game is a tossup.  Both teams must bring their "A" game if they want to win.  If the Tech team that showed up at the 2nd Tech/Blytheville game shows up again Friday, then Blytheville wins by double digits.  If the Blytheville team that played Marion Friday night shows up again, then Tech wins by double digits.

Marionpats07™

msubulldogs21

I'm very excited about Friday night's matchups. I'm expecting good games in both the boys and girls and it should be a lot of fun.

If Blytheville can pound the ball inside to Echols and Brown then I think they will win the game. Getting the ball inside to the big fellas not only creates high percentage shots close to the basket but it also frees up Rose who is an excellent shooter out on the perimeter. In the last game GCT just played very well and didn't miss many shots at all and their performance will be tough to repeat again but they are capable of playing another good game though. In the end I think Blytheville will end up winning but I think Tech will give them a good game.

Blytheville 68
GCT 61

Eaglegurl08

ron_burgundy02

as long as blytheville can contain the 3's from tech then tech will not have a prayer...tech will get that stuff packed by echols and brown everytime...these two monsters can flat out play and i personally don't think that tech will be able to stop their reign of terror...tech doesn't really have the size to beat blytheville and they're not quick enough to keep up...i think this game is gonna be win for blytheville by at least an 8 or 10 point margin...please all tech fans don't point out the fact that you beat blytheville already and use that as the reason that your gonna beat them this time...we all know you beat them but that was at your house the most corrupt place in all of 4A basketball...the chicks should win this one...i have much respect for echols and brown's game these guys win with class and they seem to be good guys mix in cal rose and you've got yourself a good basketball team...good luck blytheville punish tech! You stay classy Marion!

MarionTrackStar44

yea...what he said.....GO CHIKS!!!!!!

mtown-maniac06

yea im with ron i dont think that tech can match up with bly and especially at there house . .  there size i think will over power them . but tech has beat them once . . .

chickscasons

The gym is gonna be packed full of Chicks' fans.  I think GCT might be a little intimidated in that gym Friday night.

robbizzle

Haha they wont be at all! Tech plays in front of a big crowd everywhere they go....rather it be home fans or away. This is going to be a great game and atmosphere!!

MarionTrackStar44

well bville be loud an come out wit the W..that all that matter!!

Chickasaw_8

Quote from: MarionTrackStar44 on February 08, 2006, 08:34:03 pm
well bville be loud an come out wit the W..that all that matter!!

I'm just still not used to Marion being on the same side as Blytheville yet. Lol

chickasaw

dang, how did you manage to get over 500 slaps and only 6 claps?

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: chickasaw on February 08, 2006, 10:15:03 pm
dang, how did you manage to get over 500 slaps and only 6 claps?

They probably thought it was you they were slapping.

chickasaw

chicks_hogs12

Chickasaw_8

MarionTrackStar44

Well we are pullin for yal...BIG TIME!!!!

tcb

Get there early if you want a seat.  This should be THE game this week, with 1st place in the AAAA-East on the line.

eaglepride

Marion has every reason to be pullin for Blytheville. Other than, for the most part, the fact that they just can't stand us, if we win Marion can't (i'm pretty sure) get the 2nd seed. Too bad i can't make it tomorrow; it's gonna be a good game.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: eaglepride on February 09, 2006, 11:38:49 am
Marion has every reason to be pullin for Blytheville. Other than, for the most part, the fact that they just can't stand us, if we win Marion can't (i'm pretty sure) get the 2nd seed. Too bad i can't make it tomorrow; it's gonna be a good game.

The 2 seed in the East is definitely the best spot in the state bracket.  So, I'm positive Marion would love to get that 2 seed.

eaglepride

Who out of the South east will match up with the 2nd seed in the east?

MarionTrackStar44

i dunno...but u shouldnt be worried about it...cause the pats gonna get it...worry about gettin 3rd!! :)

eaglepride

hunt5747

I wan't Coach "WOOOOobabyyyyy" Rick Flair look a like and the Chris boys to Donkeyslap the green weenie's.....

chicks_hogs12

i can't wait for this game it's gonna be "crunk" is that the word marion guys?  lol

MarionTrackStar44

chicks_hogs12

so how much is it supposed to snow because i am going back home to blytheville from fayetteville to watch this game and i was wondering if it was worth going back now since the game may be cancled

hogsrule44

some games in this area will get canceled, and GCT and Paragould and the jonesboro schools will prolly be the first to do so.

Chickasaw_8

The news is saying 2 to 4 inches but who knows what it mite really do.

MikeDiesel™

weather.com is saying 1-3 inches of accumulation.  Could be interesting.  I wonder when the game would be made up if they had to postpone it.

hogsrule44

good question. after the season? or during the last week of the season is a possibility.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: hogsrule44 on February 09, 2006, 09:32:52 pm
good question. after the season? or during the last week of the season is a possibility.

Last regular season game is February 23rd for the Chicks.  They then play on Tuesday, February 28th as the 1 seed in state or by some crazy realigning of the universe they'll play on Wednesday the 1st of March as the 2 seed.  I guess they could play it on that Saturday, the 25th.

robbizzle

No from what I know from the AAA rules is either made up on the following saturday or wednesday. But im not for sure about that though...just what i have always heard. This could be good for GCT though since they have had a few sick.

Eaglegurl08

Tech Sucks

hmm..we such huh? well thats funny since were playing for 1st tomorrow night! yea get ur Sh!+ straight PTOWN17!!

thsdance

this will be a great game..good luck eagles..skyler and eric hope yaw get to feeling better..we need yaw..

Chickasaw_8

msubulldogs21

It has been announced that tonight's Blytheville/GCT game is cancelled and will be made up tomorrow.

There will be no JV game tomorrow, with the girls game starting at 5:00 and the boys game following it. There is the possibility that the game could still get called off tomorrow, but until further notice that's when the game is supposed to be played.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas