• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crosett Eagles

Started by mbna, November 10, 2005, 06:14:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mbna

Wut yall think about dem Crossett Eagles. They goin all the way.

lac_06

aint Crossett a 4 A team? aint nobody worried about them this year!!!! I barely hear about them as a whole team now so when the season starts I doubt they will be a threat!!!!

dtodd

Quote from: mbna on November 10, 2005, 06:14:38 pm
Who is the Crossett Eagles? If they are in the 4A I don't think anybody is worried, cause nobody evan heard of them.

mbna

YALL HEARD OF THEM. YALL WILL NO THEM THIS YEAR. THEY HAVE ONE OF THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE STATE. JEREMY EVANS.

Boss Man

Quote from: lac_06 on November 11, 2005, 11:06:00 am
aint Crossett a 4 A team? aint nobody worried about them this year!!!! I barely hear about them as a whole team now so when the season starts I doubt they will be a threat!!!!
Quote from: playa32 on November 11, 2005, 01:58:29 pm
Who is the Crossett Eagles? If they are in the 4A I don't think anybody is worried, cause nobody evan heard of them.
See thats the treatment the whole AAAA Southeast gets, which by the way is going to be the toughest conference in the state this year. Well if you haven't heard of them or any other team in the Southeast I just have this feeling that you will.

heathwaldrop

Quote from: lac_06 on November 11, 2005, 11:06:00 am
I barely hear about them as a whole team now so when the season starts I doubt they will be a threat!!!!

That's because too many of you morons look at the Little Rock sports media as being the end-all, be-all. The Democrat-Gazette is clueless about anything that goes on outside of Pulaski County.

Boss Man

Aint that the truth heath.

heathwaldrop

The ADG also knows something about northwest Arkansas, but that's about as far as it goes.

Did you realize that there actually was an ADG sportswriter at that Wynne-Monticello game last week? I had no idea until I saw the story the next day. I was SHOCKED. I'll bet that's the first time an ADG writer has been outside of Pulaski County, except for maybe Pine Bluff, the entire time I've been covering sports (eight years). Why they picked that game, I'll never know...unless it's because that writer has a deerstand somewhere in Drew County.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: playa32 on November 11, 2005, 01:58:29 pm
Someone left the resource class computer unattended again.

mbna

Crossett Eagles move to 2-0 in conference play with a win over North Pulaski friday night.

Crossett 78
NP          72

Jeremy Evans scored a season high of 42 points.
If you don't no Crossett now you will start to learn about them.

MikeDiesel™

Crossett is a team I would love to see.  Who are they playing this Tuesday and where are they playing the game?

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Mike Diesel a.k.a. Freak on January 08, 2006, 10:10:29 pm
Crossett is a team I would love to see.  Who are they playing this Tuesday and where are they playing the game?
They play Monticello then Stuttgart at home this week.

The game for you to see will be the Jan 24th game at LR Mills or the Jan 27th game at West Helena. Mills apparently is loaded to the gills this year.

MikeDiesel™

Blytheville plays at Beebe on the 24th.  That might be a game I don't mind missing

Eddie Goodson

d-bo

for some people to actually say who is crossett and they're not worried about us is a good things because we'd love to just go into the state tournament with no one knowing us and after we beat some teams there,show everyone that we actually are a good team and probably the only reason you don't hear much about us is cause of our location,but soon enough with this team,you'll hear lots about us

d-bo

Crossett won again tonight,going 3-0 in Southeast Conference play against a very good Monticello team:
Crossett 74
Monticello 57

Jeremy Evans had 35 points,he's becoming a bonafied superstar

steveo1029

Quote from: d-bo on January 11, 2006, 12:30:12 am

hard to be a bonafied superstar if no one has ever heard of you

MarionManiac#1

dang 35 points, he must be the next Lebron James and should go straight to the pros, or that says something about the southeast

hoopstar

Quote from: MarionManiac#1 on January 11, 2006, 06:47:23 pm
dang 35 points, he must be the next Lebron James and should go straight to the pros, or that says something about the southeast
Quote from: MarionManiac06 on January 11, 2006, 05:55:22 pm

I bet if he played for Marion(who got punished by the way) :D ;D you guys would have him playing in the league out of high school...Jeremy Evans is the truth...you should go see him play....

MikeDiesel™

Lots of people that pay attention to basketball know of Evans.  The boy can play.  I look forward to seeing him play. 

Boss Man

He destroyed us. Yes he destroyed us but this could have and should have been a more competitive game just ask my friend Egoodson about the game it was a circus. LOL good job crossett look forward to playing you at OUR place.

Eddie Goodson

It seems, ASU, UALR, La Tech, Murray State, and a couple other schools know who he is since they have already offered him a scholarship.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Boss Man on January 11, 2006, 08:33:22 pm
He destroyed us. Yes he destroyed us but this could have and should have been a more competitive game just ask my friend Egoodson about the game it was a circus. LOL good job crossett look forward to playing you at OUR place.
Yea, and as soon as you know who the officals are, let me know so I will know who to make the check out to. That phantom double dribble was a thing of beauty. I must admit Coach Sherrer calling the ref 'a gutless individual' was some funny stuff.

MikeDiesel™

egoodson, i know i've seen this on here before.  But, I don't feel like looking it up.  What kind of player is Evans?  Slasher/shooter/big man?  And what is his apprx. height/weight?

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Mike Diesel a.k.a. Freak on January 11, 2006, 09:48:19 pm
egoodson, i know i've seen this on here before. But, I don't feel like looking it up. What kind of player is Evans? Slasher/shooter/big man? And what is his apprx. height/weight?
He's a 6'7" swing man who IMO would be an excellent shooting guard but will most likely end up at small forward. As far as weight goes, he's on the slim side, maybe 150 lbs. In the last two games he has scored 42 and 35 points. He has missed a grand total of FOUR field goal attempts in two games. You would think they all come in the paint, but that ain't so. He has one of the purest jump shots I've ever seen. Honestly, he reminds me of Jamaal Wilkes when he shoots his jump shot, silky smooth. He can elevate with the best of them as well. He has his hands full last night with Rudy Harrell, but held his own.

Boss Man

He is a 2 guard in a PF body. Jeremy weighs about 185-190 and is a legit 6-8. He can handle the ball ok and can shoot also. If he had maybe 50 pounds he would be real good.

crthoopstar

We know about Jeremy but who else does Crossett have. I mean he does need help

d-bo

yea he's about 6'7 187 to be exact but hey no matter what the guys weight is you can't deny that he's one of the better ballplayers in the state and he will put on more pounds so i'd say he has a great career ahead of him

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: Boss Man on January 11, 2006, 09:56:14 pm
He is a 2 guard in a PF body. Jeremy weighs about 185-190 and is a legit 6-8. He can handle the ball ok and can shoot also. If he had maybe 50 pounds he would be real good.

Thanks guys.  I'm still trying to decide if I'm gonna head over to Mills for the Eagles game there.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Boss Man on January 11, 2006, 09:56:14 pm
The 150 lbs part was a bit tongue in cheek. I agree that 40 to 50 lbs would make a monster out of him. I'm sure a college coach is going to beef him up.

BTW There were two scouts there last night. Do you know where they were from?

d-bo

Quote from: crthoopstar on January 11, 2006, 10:08:13 pm
We know about Jeremy but who else does Crossett have. I mean he does need help

they have many other players like Rod Brown, Jarrod Martin, Quinton Riley, Darren Minniweather, and a couple of others who don't get much mention because no one really looks at Crossett and when they do the only person they really look at is Evans which i don't blame them but trust they aren't winning games for nothing and he doesn't do it all by himself and i'm pretty sure that evans would tell you that himself

heathwaldrop

Evans doesn't need any help in the front court, but the Eagles need quality depth in the back court. This team is heavy with forwards and has only four or five very inexperienced guards to spread across both positions.

They're going to be OK as time goes on, but will take some lumps at times.

football0622

I think i'll have to go the mills game we played them the other night (and crosett the friday before)and they waxed us, they have a guy thats about Evans size and that will be a greatd matchup, but i give the edge to Mills they can flat out shoot from outside, they shot i think 8 for 11 against us, their big men rebound and control the paint very well also.

d-bo

it's going to be a battle,i'm not gonna give the edge to either team but i have to say mills is a very good team but crossett is an up and coming program thats hungry for attention,it'll be a good game

heathwaldrop

If Ferguson would awake from his slumber, Crossett would be a great shooting team from outside. The Eagles aren't bad as it is, it's just that on of their best shooters (Evans) has to play inside most of the time.

This Eagle team is a much better-shooting bunch than the 2000 team that finished 22-4, won the Southest and advanced to the state semifinals.

Headed 2 Alltel

I saw the kid play in Magnolia.....I would never have thought anyone offered him a scholarship!  He didn't stand out from any of the other players on his team, not to mention Magnolia beat Crossett pretty bad.

d-bo

that was a time where that team and Jeremy were struggling to find themselves and it seems that they have all come together by now and i bet that if they played magnolia now it would be a whole different ballgame

Headed 2 Alltel

Quote from: d-bo on January 14, 2006, 04:42:25 am
that was a time where that team and Jeremy were struggling to find themselves and it seems that they have all come together by now and i bet that if they played magnolia now it would be a whole different ballgame

I'm sure they have "found themselves."  It's not up to me to decide who would win in a rematch - excuses are not needed.  They lost on the scheduled night, and that's all there is too it.  It's going down as a LOSS in the record books...not a "draw due to Crossett going through tough times playing as a team." Thank you, I'm done here.

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: Fearless Critic on January 14, 2006, 04:14:59 am
I saw the kid play in Magnolia.....I would never have thought anyone offered him a scholarship! He didn't stand out from any of the other players on his team, not to mention Magnolia beat Crossett pretty bad.

Magnolia did beat Crossett bad that night but forming an opinion on a player after only seeing him play once is ridiculous. Everyone is going to have an off game. That's not making any excuses because Magnolia has a fine team. Take a look at this Crossett team the last couple of years and you wil see they have struggled early but when the games really count, conference, they have it together.

I saw Andrew Lang play in high school. The game i saw him in he sucked. Saw Scotti Pippen in college once, didn't impress me in that game. But I didn't form an opinion on them based on the one game I saw them play.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on January 14, 2006, 10:06:35 am
I saw Andrew Lang play in high school.
The game we saw, Austin outplayed him all night.

heathwaldrop

Quote from: Fearless Critic on January 14, 2006, 04:59:14 am
Quote from: d-bo on January 14, 2006, 04:42:25 am

I'm sure they have "found themselves." It's not up to me to decide who would win in a rematch - excuses are not needed. They lost on the scheduled night, and that's all there is too it. It's going down as a LOSS in the record books...not a "draw due to Crossett going through tough times playing as a team." Thank you, I'm done here.

Hey jerk, nobody suggested otherwise. You antagonized with a comment about Evans and d-bo replied to that comment. He wasn't doing anything but giving an explanation for why you got the wrong impression about Evans.

BTW, if you had recognized what you were looking at you would have seen that Magnolia's entire defensive game plan revolved around forcing Evans out of the paint. Because Bozeman is a great defender outside, and because Evans was cold from the three-point line, the strategy worked. My point, though, is that Magnolia clearly had a lot of respect for Evans' abilities if the whole defensive game plan was designed to stop him.

It's a good thing that they don't let you coach.

Headed 2 Alltel

Quote from: Fearless Critic on January 14, 2006, 04:14:59 am
I saw the kid play in Magnolia.....I would never have thought anyone offered him a scholarship! He didn't stand out from any of the other players on his team, not to mention Magnolia beat Crossett pretty bad.

Oh, I'm not saying that he shouldn't be a division one player... I'm just saying by that particular game I didn't know and couldn't tell.  I can obviously tell by reading his stats he's good, but I was just referring to THAT game... because I'd never heard of him before then. Sorry for offending you Eagle fans so.
Magnolia did beat Crossett bad that night but forming an opinion on a player after only seeing him play once is ridiculous. Everyone is going to have an off game. That's not making any excuses because Magnolia has a fine team. Take a look at this Crossett team the last couple of years and you wil see they have struggled early but when the games really count, conference, they have it together.

I saw Andrew Lang play in high school. The game i saw him in he sucked. Saw Scotti Pippen in college once, didn't impress me in that game. But I didn't form an opinion on them based on the one game I saw them play.

d-bo

i'm not taking anything away from magnolia cause they are one good basketball team and there is no excuse for a loss but i would love to see crossett and magnolia actually meet up in the playoffs,it'd be a good matchup(pending that both teams make it)which they both should

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: egoodson on January 14, 2006, 11:08:08 am
I saw Andrew Lang play in high school.
The game we saw, Austin outplayed him all night.

If I remember correctly Ronald Austin slammed over the 6'11" Lang in that game. Probably his best game of the season. Carl Miller was the producer that night for Dollarway.

football0622

After seeing Mills play i don't think Crossett can stop them.  All they really have is Evans and he will get shut down by Mills.  Mills has way to many weapons, they can shoot, rebound and have a pretty tough press.  To me the big key in this one is guard play and after seeing both Mills definitely has the upper hand.  They have a very solid starting backcourt and plenty of people that can come off the bench.  Evans wont go inside because their going to push his skinny tale around like a rag doll, and i think Mills makes it a priority to no let him get  in a rhythm which others teams havent been able to do.  I also like Mills experience in a big game type situation because lets face it these two teams will be basically playing for conference when its all said and done.  Crossett will need to have a good game shooting outside to have chance and i don't see that happening.

d-bo

sounds like mills is invicible but regardless i'm still sayin crossett has a fair chance at beating mills although i won't deny that they are a very very good team and defending conference champs and i do agree,i think the southeast conference will come down to mills and crossett(no disrespect to the other teams)

Eddie Goodson

Beating Mills at Mills will be a tall order, but they have to come here as well. A split in the two games will be a victory for Crossett.

heathwaldrop

January 15, 2006, 04:53:11 pm #47 Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 05:00:47 pm by heathwaldrop
football0622, When exactly did you see Crossett play? From reading your other posts, you sound without question to be a Mills fan.

My guess is that you have not seen Crossett play. Maybe on tape, which would mean that you're either a player or a coach. Which also means that you have no class.

Congratulations...you've just earned the Most Hated Poster Award for today.

Oh yes, and I couldn't resist this...

Quote from: football0622 on January 15, 2006, 01:08:37 am
Evans wont go inside because their going to push his skinny tale around like a rag doll...

Just sit right back and you'll hear a (skinny) tale, the (skinny) tale of a fateful trip...

heathwaldrop

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on January 14, 2006, 10:48:36 pm
If I remember correctly Ronald Austin slammed over the 6'11" Lang in that game. Probably his best game of the season. Carl Miller was the producer that night for Dollarway.

Carl Miller...hmm...anybody have any idea what happened to this guy later on?

hunt5747

I would like to see them play.  What are they 9-1, 8-2???????

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas