• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover boys basketball open

Started by WHITEchicken, April 15, 2017, 03:06:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

old.dole

School board meeting is the 22 I think

WHITEchicken

Coach Turner from Eldorado was introduced to the boys yesterday.

Gateraide

Was also told he would have to be an assistant football coach. Not sure how that would work. I'd pass that own to the caddo hills guru! Hard to build a program coaching two sports at the same time.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Gateraide on May 16, 2017, 03:04:53 pm
Was also told he would have to be an assistant football coach. Not sure how that would work. I'd pass that own to the caddo hills guru! Hard to build a program coaching two sports at the same time.

Being a head coach and an assistant is a common thing.

Strickland was head football and head baseball at one point before we brought in Coach Greene.

Proud Buckaroo

Keep in mind. We just hired a brand new football coach and he is going the staff changes. He brought in one guy with him from Texas. We also are losing Coach Strickland. Also, Segall left to go back to JC.

That's two positions opened that needed to be filled.

Coach Greene does the JR high boys. Segall also helped with JR high.

AirItOut21

Quote from: Gateraide on May 16, 2017, 03:04:53 pm

At the 3A level most of your players are playing football anyways.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: AirItOut21 on May 16, 2017, 06:12:29 pm
At the 3A level most of your players are playing football anyways.

Yeah, exactly. Smackover had 8 still playing football when basketball started last season. 

WHITEchicken

I'm sure it is hard to head coach a sport while assisting in a sport right before it. Basketball falls in the middle so heading football and baseball wouldn't be to bad but assisting in football and heading basketball might be a little tougher.

Gateraide

Not being able to get the football players until the end of season is one thing. But having football responsibilities and then having to have basketball practice all in the fall and during the time that they overlap being in 2 places at once and/or having 3-5 nights a week being at a game, I can't see that as a golden opportunity. And won't be able to have a good program this way. Just my opinion

Proud Buckaroo

I cannot wait to see what Turner can do this year. He will also be helping with football this season as well.

WHITEchicken

Not sure he is helping with football.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: WHITEchicken on June 24, 2017, 12:11:39 am
Not sure he is helping with football.

I have been told he is going to assist with football. It may have changed from then and nOw though.

old.dole

Idk the talent situation but I think this guy will get it rolling

WHITEchicken

Didn't win games but competed pretty well with a limited number of kids last week in Eldo. A long time before the season to get kids into playing shape.

old.dole

Who all did they play down there and what were the scores?

WHITEchicken

old.dole

Where there any other teams that participated? How did cats and backs look?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: WHITEchicken on July 17, 2017, 07:49:52 pm
Didn't win games but competed pretty well with a limited number of kids last week in Eldo. A long time before the season to get kids into playing shape.

How many does he have right now?

WHITEchicken

There were 6 at camp. Not many football players were there.

Proud Buckaroo

How are things going for the new coach this off season?

no mascot

Do they not have the roundballs locked up until after football season is over?

WHITEchicken

I guess things are going well. Hard to tell since I haven't had the chance to see them play. The word is that he is working them pretty good though.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: WHITEchicken on October 17, 2017, 12:12:26 pm
I guess things are going well. Hard to tell since I haven't had the chance to see them play. The word is that he is working them pretty good though.

That's good news then. I'm going to try to make a couple of their games this year so I can check them out.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas