• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NEA Baseball

Started by OB11, March 02, 2017, 10:48:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Lion

Quote from: Oldref on April 17, 2017, 09:34:51 pm
Thanks HL.........was a good/fast game........both teams missed chances to have big innings couldn't get the big hit. Good luck to the Lions the rest of the way.
I play with ya a lot, but best of luck to my kids over at Bay as well.

bhartgen

Bay 8
@BIC 2
Final

15-4 season

ricepig

Jonesboro 2
GCT 1

Final

Head Lion

Lions bounce back with a double header sweep 15-4 over Trumann and 6-2 over Cooter, Mo. Cooter had an old time knuckleballer like Phil Niekro. He was actually pretty cool to watch.

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on April 18, 2017, 06:44:35 pm
Jonesboro 2
GCT 1

Final

Well Jonesboro has played like 24 games this year and their average margin of victory might be 1 (if you throw out the Forrest City and Blytheville games).

T-Bone

Quote from: OB11 on April 18, 2017, 08:44:05 pm
Well Jonesboro has played like 24 games this year and their average margin of victory might be 1 (if you throw out the Forrest City and Blytheville games).

Maybe but I would rather win by one every day than lose by one any day.  Starter had one hit against by GCT with 7K.  Closer finished well too.  The kicker was the 8 JHS left on base.  I believe only 1 error today but not sure.  When it all clicks together we will see far more points.

OB11

Quote from: T-Bone on April 18, 2017, 09:17:52 pm
Maybe but I would rather win by one every day than lose by one any day.  Starter had one hit against by GCT with 7K.  Closer finished well too.  The kicker was the 8 JHS left on base.  I believe only 1 error today but not sure.  When it all clicks together we will see far more points.

Leaving runners on base has been a problem all year.

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on April 18, 2017, 08:44:05 pm

Not even close.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/jonesboro-hurricane-(jonesboro,ar)/baseball/schedule.htm

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on April 18, 2017, 10:03:26 pm
Not even close.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/jonesboro-hurricane-(jonesboro,ar)/baseball/schedule.htm

I was being slightly sarcastic when I said it was 1. Lol. They have beaten some people pretty good this year, but here lately seems like every game has been a 1 run game.

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on April 18, 2017, 10:11:34 pm
I was being slightly sarcastic when I said it was 1. Lol. They have beaten some people pretty good this year, but here lately seems like every game has been a 1 run game.

Ok,I'll buy that last bit, a little too dramatic of late. At least tonight wasn't a final inning win.

T-Bone

Quote from: OB11 on April 18, 2017, 09:45:34 pm
Leaving runners on base has been a problem all year.

Yes I agree.  We can fix it. 

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on April 19, 2017, 11:07:57 am
Yes I agree.  We can fix it.

Just like fixing errors and BB's. .....

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on April 19, 2017, 11:19:23 am
Just like fixing errors and BB's. .....

Yes!  My glass is always half full. 

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on April 19, 2017, 05:58:39 pm
Yes!  My glass is always half full.

Well, I usually finish mine, but say, "I'll have another"!

Oldref

Bay 12 Rector 9 today at Bay

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on April 19, 2017, 06:57:30 pm
Well, I usually finish mine, but say, "I'll have another"!

Yes sir after I posted that I knew something was coming.  Only cold black coffee for me.

20Baseball

Paragould 8
Blytheville 7

baseball parent

what do you all think about the match up with Gosnell and Westside this afternoon?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: baseball parent on April 20, 2017, 08:12:04 am
what do you all think about the match up with Gosnell and Westside this afternoon?

This should be a good one.
Tyler vs Roberts would be a fun one to watch.

Riverside is at Brookland today for conference game

Redwolves8526

Valley View at Marion today. 4:30 start. Should be a good game

NEA Razorback olfan

Riverside 5
Brookland 6
F

bhartgen

Bay 5
EPC 1
Final

Conference Champions.
17-4

GosnellBall

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on April 20, 2017, 09:18:37 am
This should be a good one.
Tyler vs Roberts would be a fun one to watch.

Riverside is at Brookland today for conference game

We didn't play our best ball, but everyone has a down day, this was for sure ours.  we are hoping that was theirs and we will show up to play from here on out.

Redwolves8526

Marion - 6
Valley View - 4

JV Game

Marion- 4
Valley View-0

OB11

Valley View is struggling right now. I'm sure they will be ready come tournament time though.

The Green Arrow

Harding Academy 10
Bald Knob 2

Harding Academy 1
Bald Knob 0 (10 innings)

The first game was never really a game but the second one was one of the better games theres been all year. Both starting pitchers (Bradley for Bald Knob and Harlow for HA) through 8 shutout innings before reaching the pitch limit. Harding would scratch one across in the bottom of the 10th.

ricepig

Jonesboro 10
Batesville 2

Final

Head Lion

Manila 6 West Memphis 0, 2 hitter with 14 strikeouts by Sr Brett Sweatman, who added a 2 run homer.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: The Green Arrow on April 21, 2017, 09:42:46 am
Harding Academy 10
Bald Knob 2

Harding Academy 1
Bald Knob 0 (10 innings)

The first game was never really a game but the second one was one of the better games theres been all year. Both starting pitchers (Bradley for Bald Knob and Harlow for HA) through 8 shutout innings before reaching the pitch limit. Harding would scratch one across in the bottom of the 10th.

Are those two teams the 1 and 2 seeds in the conference?

ricepig

Jonesboro 3
Nettleton 1

Final

The Green Arrow

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on April 24, 2017, 12:14:45 pm
Are those two teams the 1 and 2 seeds in the conference?

Yes, and really the only two teams in the conference that can make any postseason noise.

OB11

Is Manila and Walnut Ridge playing first round of the conference tournament? Does that mean one of these team's season is done after this game?

Head Lion

Yes 😳😳😳😳

OB11

Quote from: Head Lion on April 25, 2017, 01:16:00 pm
Yes 😳😳😳😳

That's tough! One good team is going to be sent home early.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: The Green Arrow on April 25, 2017, 08:35:12 am
Yes, and really the only two teams in the conference that can make any postseason noise.

I figured so. BK and Harding have ran that conference for a while. Other than those 2, it is usually pretty weak.

Redwolves8526

Marion at West Memphis today. Varsity double header.

1st pitch at 4:30pm

ricepig

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on April 25, 2017, 01:40:03 pm
Marion at West Memphis today. Varsity double header.

1st pitch at 4:30pm

JV pitching for both sides?

Head Lion

Corning 18-0 over Osceola

Head Lion

Head Lion

Lions win 10-0 in 5.⚾️⚾️

ricepig

Jonesboro 5
Paragould 3

Final

Head Lion

Weather permitting, we will face a good pitcher tomorrow in Corning's ace. Lions look to be peaking at the right time. In last 12 innings to West Memphis and Walnut Ridge, 2 of our 4 in the rotation have allowed 2 hits with 21 Ks. While outscoring those 2 16-0.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: ricepig on April 25, 2017, 06:58:59 pm
Jonesboro 5
Paragould 3

Final

How did Paragould keep it that close?

Redwolves8526

Marion - 11
West Memphis - 4

ricepig

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on April 26, 2017, 08:22:09 am

I wasn't there, I just caught the final score. I think they lead 3-2 in the third or fourth. I don't put much into scores from different games, each game is a new and different one, haha. 

OB11

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on April 26, 2017, 10:30:43 am
:o

The game Saturday is the one that matters.........I had a long discussion with a 6A coach, it's safe to say that no one likes this set-up, those at the top, or those at the bottom.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on April 26, 2017, 11:24:07 am
The game Saturday is the one that matters.........I had a long discussion with a 6A coach, it's safe to say that no one likes this set-up, those at the top, or those at the bottom.

What game Saturday?  Jonesboro plays Hall tomorrow (Thursday) at Jonesboro at 7:30 p.m.  Trying to beat the rain with the only day that even seems possible and that is not certain with all the rain in the forecast.

T-Bone

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on April 26, 2017, 08:22:09 am

For some odd reason I feel at times that Jonesboro plays to the competition.  Play decent with decent teams and play down to less decent teams.  Not sure I understand why.

As for this game if I remember correctly the first game was close starting with an error on a pop fly where pitcher/catcher miscommunicated and the ball dropped.  What usually happens with an error on any team?  The team pays the price.  The player got on with an error and allowed another at bat as well in the inning.  With a couple hits.  And our bats were not dead but not on fire.  We left some on base when we needed to get them in.  But a W is a W and far better than a loss or tie.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas