• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenbrier @ Harrison 4/4/14

Started by Go Postal, April 02, 2014, 08:33:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

April 02, 2014, 08:33:29 pm Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 08:43:16 pm by Go Postal

Should be a good match up, both boys/girls teams coming in after their first conference win.

On the Girl's side:
Both girls teams have had a great West rivalry over the years.  Though the Lady Goblins won State Runner-up in last year's Championship game, they can not overlook their West rivalry sisters, the Lady Panthers.

On the Boy's side:
Though not as great a rivalry over the years as the girls, but still a good rivalry,

The Panthers won last year's Conference Champs by beating the Golden Goblins twice in that season.  Played extremely well with only 10 men due to a red card in last year's semi game against a very good LRCA team.

The Golden Goblins won a fantastic battle in the semi game against a great De Queen team and got State Runner-up against a very good LRCA team last year.

Boys game should set the pace on what needs to be done for both teams for the rest of the West conference season.

Should be a couple of great boys/girls games this Friday, hopefully I will be able to get off work early enough to see them.  Best Luck to all teams.

Comments and insights are very welcomed.

Go Postal

No input on this rivalry game yet?  Maybe I should egg it on a little to at least get some GB posters to post.
Panthers, do you remember back in '08 when Siloam Springs was in our conference and them and the Goblins were the best teams in the West?  Here is a video of my son's (he played midforward in soccer, halfback and middlelinebacker in football) goal against you back before we had the Goblin Stadium.

or at least a picture since then...

or even that you could some day have this record...

Remember...

BUT ALL KIDDING ASIDE
Greenbrier boys did very well last year.  I was very impressed.  They should have made it it the finals last year.

This was JUST for the Boy's game, the Girl's game is a different story on their rivalry.

Good Luck to all teams on these games!

MDXPHD

Hopefully if you get off early then you can update us on this game.  Not really interested in the girls game, I know what the result will be this year as the Greenbrier girls are down, but I am interested in the boys game. 

MDXPHD

Go Postal

April 04, 2014, 08:53:19 pm #4 Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 08:55:55 pm by Go Postal
Finally got off work to make it to the Stadium.
Heard the Lady Goblins won 6-0.

When I got there it was around 16:00 minutes left in the first half of the boys game.  Harrison was up 1-0 and it looked like a pretty even matched game.  Goblins 1-0 to end half.

I don't know what the GB coach told his team at the half but the Panthers came out and controlled most of the 2nd half.  That's the team I remember from last year.  They scored at 23:26 to tie it up and with a strange kind of "floater" ball at 5:13 to win the game 2-1.  Harrison played pretty well and had some chances to tie it up, but Greenbrier seemed to have the more discipline in this game.

It wasn't the best game that I have seen either team play, but it was decent.  Got pretty cold out there and if not for that I would have enjoyed the game more.

Nice comeback win for the Panthers.

Hope the Greenbrier players, coaches and fans enjoyed the firework show at the end of the game and that they have a safe trip back home.

coach cleats

Hey Ya'all.
Watched harrison girls game. Saw shiloh coaches taking notes. Harrison started slow(third game this week) then got the messi  iniesta thing working with a couple of their players. Game over. Set pieces good also. 
If you get a chance to watch harrison girls you should. Two of their players play for one of the best club teams in the country. Three more could play there if they choose to. Fun to watch.

FutbolPhan

Quote from: coach cleats on April 04, 2014, 09:34:03 pm
Hey Ya'all.
Watched harrison girls game. Saw shiloh coaches taking notes. Harrison started slow(third game this week) then got the messi  iniesta thing working with a couple of their players. Game over. Set pieces good also. 
If you get a chance to watch harrison girls you should. Two of their players play for one of the best club teams in the country. Three more could play there if they choose to. Fun to watch.

What club team that is one of the best in the country that they play for?

Go Postal

Quote from: coach cleats on April 04, 2014, 09:34:03 pm
Hey Ya'all.
Saw a few short clips on GobTvSoccer on the Harrison@Ozark, MO game.  Wonder if they will post tonight's boys/girls games in it's full length?

Go Postal

Didn't I see a post somewhere, that the Shiloh coaches were at the Morrilton@Harrison game also?  Though I haven't got a chance to see the Lady Goblins yet this year, I imagine they are still the Lady Goblins that I've seen in the past.  Fantastic team.  Good reason for Shiloh to do their homework.
I'm taking off from work next week and want to see them on the next game and also in the ReMax tournament.

coach cleats

Arkansas comets 97 girls. Ranked 20 th  region 3  play ecnl teams and region league

coach cleats

Also in top 100 nationally I think.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas