• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Welcoming new soccer programs in 2014!

Started by sevenof400, March 23, 2014, 01:01:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Before we get too far into this new season, let's take a moment to welcome any new soccer playing schools this year.  Prairie Grove and Brookland are new to high school soccer this year - it's good to see new schools joining in the fun.

I also know that Beebe has approved the addition of soccer starting in the 2015 year. 

Please use this thread to note and welcome any new programs.

Lionheart88

After a 7 year absence, Hermitage is sort of back.  I think they're playing more of a JV schedule this year and won't compete in conference or be playoff-eligible until next year.  Or something like that.  They did beat Monticello's varsity 3-1 the other day though.

beeroe

Lead Hill is making a go... And they are looking for matches.

I wonder does anyone know of schools that are calling it quits as well?

Taxman

Brookland is fielding a varsity boys and girls teams this year

Go Postal

Quote from: beeroe on March 23, 2014, 02:03:35 pm
Lead Hill is making a go... And they are looking for matches.
Nice to see some local schools getting into the World sport.  There has been a lot of local kids playing youth soccer over the years, but because some schools don't offer it in the high school level, a lot of upcoming talent might have been lost.  Good to see schools getting into the program.  Harrison has many great pitches that local schools can play on and also the Stadium.  Not sure what that entails on cost/travel/whatever, but if you want to play on a proper sized pitch and not a football field, then check it out on what the school needs to do.  Good luck to Lead Hill on their soccer program.  I wish the best.  Bring that World sport talent out.  Bergman started a program a couple years ago, might be a good place to start or play larger conferences to see what you need to work on.  Harrison does this all the time against larger conferences, win or lose, sees what they need to work on.  There are some good teams locally, Green Forest, Berryville, 6A Mtn Home, 5A Harrison, Huntsville and Missouri teams.  Just depends what your school wants to do.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas