• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post week 4 scores here - for games Mon March 31st through Sat April 5th! (All classes)

Started by sevenof400, March 22, 2014, 05:01:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

Quote from: coach cleats on April 02, 2014, 09:47:17 pm
Harrison girls 8 ozark mo 4. Wow goals ,goals,and more goals!!!
Speaking for the GOBS worldwide Hindu fans that I know...Holy Cow!! :D

ruserious?

7A/6A East Conference matches 4/1/14  Mtn Home at Searcy

JVB  Searcy 0-1 Mtn Home

VG  Searcy 3-1 Mtn Home

VB  Searcy 1-0 Mtn. Home

Arbitro

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 02, 2014, 08:22:11 pm
Anybody ever get the score on the Hope/DeQueen game Monday?
VG  DeQueen 3 - 1 Hope
VB  Dequeen 5 - 2 Hope

Non Conference vs Malvern on 4/1
VG  Hope 2 - 0 Malvern
VB  Hope 4 - 1 Malvern

AirWarren

hst

MDXPHD

Quote from: ruserious? on April 02, 2014, 10:56:24 pm

JVB  Searcy 0-1 Mtn Home

VG  Searcy 3-1 Mtn Home

VB  Searcy 1-0 Mtn. Home

There is some kind of problem with the mentality of Mt. Home and Jonesboro vs Searcy.  I thought Mt. Home was possibly the better team this year with Searcy being so young.  I'm referring to the boys, not the girls.

sevenof400

razorback

Quote from: AirWarren on April 03, 2014, 12:13:02 am
Anyone got any Warren scores?

Warren plays tonight at Hamburg, weather permitting.  I know the kids are ready to play again!

FutbolPhan

7A/6A Central Conference Game

Conway defeated LR Parkview 4-0 on Tuesday, April 1st

6aSoccer

Quote from: MDXPHD on April 03, 2014, 08:00:29 am

JVB  Searcy 0-1 Mtn Home

VG  Searcy 3-1 Mtn Home

VB  Searcy 1-0 Mtn. Home

There is some kind of problem with the mentality of Mt. Home and Jonesboro vs Searcy.  I thought Mt. Home was possibly the better team this year with Searcy being so young.  I'm referring to the boys, not the girls.

Well you may be right but since jonesboro hasnt played searcy this year id say hold off on your judgement for now. You say mountain home was tbe better team, but since they lost what are you basing your thoughts on? Did mountain home comtrol the game, get more shots off, have one bad lucky break?

sevenof400

Quote from: hst on April 03, 2014, 07:31:26 am
4/1 DQ vs Hot Springs

DQ Girls 9, Hot Springs 0
DQ Boys 6, Hot Springs 0

Dang it, HST.  You just made me really want a dipped cone....

MDXPHD

Quote from: 6aSoccer on April 03, 2014, 10:51:37 am

JVB  Searcy 0-1 Mtn Home

VG  Searcy 3-1 Mtn Home

VB  Searcy 1-0 Mtn. Home

Well you may be right but since jonesboro hasnt played searcy this year id say hold off on your judgement for now. You say mountain home was tbe better team, but since they lost what are you basing your thoughts on? Did mountain home comtrol the game, get more shots off, have one bad lucky break?

I know you're stuck on Jonesboro, so I won't comment on them very much until any match-up they have with a quality opponent. JHS should be more successful than they have been recently though. 

I say it based on performance in previous games. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make the game.  I haven't seen Searcy play, so it's merely speculation on my part.  I do know that Searcy tied Vilonia, and I would by lying if I said that doesn't play a large part in my thinking.  But beating mountain home certainly establishes them as being okay this season.  They will most likely go on to win the 6A east again. 

6aSoccer

Quote from: MDXPHD on April 03, 2014, 01:00:02 pm

JVB  Searcy 0-1 Mtn Home

VG  Searcy 3-1 Mtn Home

VB  Searcy 1-0 Mtn. Home

I know you're stuck on Jonesboro, so I won't comment on them very much until any match-up they have with a quality opponent. JHS should be more successful than they have been recently though. 

I say it based on performance in previous games. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make the game.  I haven't seen Searcy play, so it's merely speculation on my part.  I do know that Searcy tied Vilonia, and I would by lying if I said that doesn't play a large part in my thinking.  But beating mountain home certainly establishes them as being okay this season.  They will most likely go on to win the 6A east again.

Would beating little rock central Tuesday night 3-2 not count as a quality win since central beat searcy 2-1 already? They also finished in front of mountain home last year and had the 2 seed in state tournament. Last year they beat mountain home, north little rock, Cabot, aren't those quality wins?  But y's, Jonesboro and valley view are in my area so I see them more than other schools.. Depth plagues them with 1/2 of their top players quitting in 9th grade to play baseball valley view has it made right now with a ton of rush players and will be unstoppable in another year. The move to 5a though could slow them down a bit however. Mountain home is always about the same as far as skill of players with Jonesboro. I know Jonesboro use to dominate them, then MH dominated for a few years, them the past few it's pretty equal. It should be a good match.

hst

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 03, 2014, 11:25:21 am
4/1 DQ vs Hot Springs

DQ Boys 6, Hot Springs 0

My bad! Meant to post yesterday but got sidetracked.

sevenof400

Quote from: hst on April 03, 2014, 01:41:41 pm
Quote from: sevenof400 on April 03, 2014, 11:25:21 am
4/1 DQ vs Hot Springs

DQ Boys 6, Hot Springs 0

My bad! Meant to post yesterday but got sidetracked.

It would have had the same effect then as well.....
Thanks for posting scores!

dispossessed

JVB  Searcy 0-1 Mtn Home

VG  Searcy 3-1 Mtn Home

VB  Searcy 1-0 Mtn. Home

Mountain Home doesn't really play soccer. They most often don't have the overall talent and certainly the coaching to do that, so they resort to what most teams that are trying to cover up the inability to execute do...pack 8 players in back and do their best to prevent you from scoring. That works OK with weaker teams, but it falls apart with better competition. Let's face it, with a few exceptions, 6A soccer is really weak. That's their mentality and it starts with their coach, who stands on his "record of success". They could be much better if they had a coach who understood that soccer occurs on both ends of the pitch.

Jonesboro, on the other hand, seems to have better talent, but after watching them for several years, it doesn't seem to translate to a unified team effort. Just a few pretty talented guys who try to do too much.

Searcy may be young and still working to find what works best, but they've been dominant in the weak 6A for a long time. Even in a down year for them, they've still got enough to handle just about everyone in the conference.

Go Postal

Mtn Home Bombers/Lady Bombers, my old alma mater (class of '75).
Harrison Golden Goblins/Lady Goblins, raised two Goblin kids after being here since '88.

Great local rivalry in ALL sports.  I have a 50/50 split like for both teams.  I still have family and friends in Mtn Home and they keep me informed on what's happening with the Bombers/Lady Bombers.  I keep them informed on what's happening with the Golden Goblins/Lady Goblins.  The invention of the internet has been a great tool to do this.  Like I said earlier, a Great local rivalry in ALL sports.

Good Luck to Mtn Home/Harrison in their respective conferences this year.  I cheer for both of you every year in any sport.

Go Postal

Quote from: dispossessed on April 03, 2014, 06:50:07 pm

JVB  Searcy 0-1 Mtn Home

VG  Searcy 3-1 Mtn Home

VB  Searcy 1-0 Mtn. Home

Mountain Home doesn't really play soccer. They most often don't have the overall talent and certainly the coaching to do that, so they resort to what most teams that are trying to cover up the inability to execute do...pack 8 players in back and do their best to prevent you from scoring. That works OK with weaker teams, but it falls apart with better competition. Let's face it, with a few exceptions, 6A soccer is really weak. That's their mentality and it starts with their coach, who stands on his "record of success". They could be much better if they had a coach who understood that soccer occurs on both ends of the pitch.

Jonesboro, on the other hand, seems to have better talent, but after watching them for several years, it doesn't seem to translate to a unified team effort. Just a few pretty talented guys who try to do too much.

Searcy may be young and still working to find what works best, but they've been dominant in the weak 6A for a long time. Even in a down year for them, they've still got enough to handle just about everyone in the conference.
Mtn Home might do what you said.  Shiloh Lady Saints did this in last year's Championship game.  Lady Goblins beat them, twice, by a large margin during conference games.  In the Finals, out shot them and hit every part of the goal, but couldn't get it to get in.

Jonesboro:  I haven't seen them yet, so I can't speak on their behalf.

Searcy:  I haven't seen them yet, but they are leading the Overall Boys/Girls State Championships as of last year with 10 wins passing Harrison/PA with 9 wins.  So I think that they have a solid soccer program.

Maybe in the future, that 6A/5A West/East teams should play each other more in nonconference to set the tone for the rest of the season in their respective confernces.

Not sure of the next cycle changes in the 6A, but I do know that in the 5A, Valley View moves up to the East replacing Vilonia coming back to the West along with LRCA and Maumelle.  Should be very exciting than more in the next cycles in the 5A.

Like I said earlier, maybe 6A/5A East/West teams should play each other more in nonconference.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Go Postal on April 03, 2014, 10:27:33 pm
Quote from: dispossessed on April 03, 2014, 06:50:07 pm

JVB  Searcy 0-1 Mtn Home

VG  Searcy 3-1 Mtn Home

VB  Searcy 1-0 Mtn. Home

Mtn Home might do what you said.  Shiloh Lady Saints did this in last year's Championship game.  Lady Goblins beat them, twice, by a large margin during conference games.  In the Finals, out shot them and hit every part of the goal, but couldn't get it to get in.

Jonesboro:  I haven't seen them yet, so I can't speak on their behalf.

Searcy:  I haven't seen them yet, but they are leading the Overall Boys/Girls State Championships as of last year with 10 wins passing Harrison/PA with 9 wins.  So I think that they have a solid soccer program.

Maybe in the future, that 6A/5A West/East teams should play each other more in nonconference to set the tone for the rest of the season in their respective confernces.

Not sure of the next cycle changes in the 6A, but I do know that in the 5A, Valley View moves up to the East replacing Vilonia coming back to the West along with LRCA and Maumelle.  Should be very exciting than more in the next cycles in the 5A.

Like I said earlier, maybe 6A/5A East/West teams should play each other more in nonconference.

For Jonesboro, I have not seen how their boys are this season, but I have seen their girls team in the Paragould Invitational. They tied with Greene County Tech (1-1) and then lost to Nettleton (1-0). They then had to have a tie-breaker with GCT, and lost in kicks. They played in the 5th/6th place game against newly-formed Brookland (I do not know the result of that game). However, I do not know if, at the time of the Invitational, Jonesboro had girls missing due to the basketball tournament, but I have seen other results and it seems like the Jonesboro girls are struggling.

For Searcy, the girls looked as strong as ever when I saw them. The boys seemed to just be getting their feet underneath them when I saw them, but from some of the results I've seen since then, they seem to be coming together.

This is just my two cents. Do with it as you please.

Arbitro

4/3 Warren @ Hamburg (moved due to a scheduling conflict, so Warren was the home team of record)

VG  Warren 6 - 0 Hamburg
VB  Warren 2 - 2 Hamburg, Hamburg wins in PKs 4-3

hst

The Hot Springs - Lakeside conference games (@ HSHS) scheduled for yesterday have been rescheduled for May 8.

sevenof400

JoicoK-Pak

Dispossessed you really need to get a life.  Coach mattox works really hard for our boys and cares deeply for them.   Our boys read this website and dont need to read negative things about themselves or their coach.  Especially from an adult.  We all know who you are and know you are just mad because brian kicked your son off the team.  Our boys and our parents love coach mattox and wouldmt trade him for anyone.  His record speaks for itself unlike you.  Our soccer team was not very good until he got here, thats a fact.  Ive seen him sacrifice his family to help out kids in need (including my own). He cares for our boys more than you know.  Leave him alone and butt out.

Lionheart88

onewildrice

FutbolPhan

Quote from: onewildrice on April 04, 2014, 07:20:56 pm
Varsity Boys

FS Southside 2 (6)
Conway 2 (7)

Not that it matters but the PK's were 5-4 to Conway.  The score keeper left the 2-2 tie on the scoreboard and added each shot as they went in.

Go Postal

5A West

Girls:
Harrison Lady Goblins 6
Greenbrier Lady Panthers 0

Boys:
Greenbrier Panthers 2
Harrison Golden Goblins 1

Goblins lead 1-0 at half.  Great comeback from the Panthers.

ARSoccer25

Lakeside played at Morrilton tonight.

VG Lakeside 2 Morrilton 1   
VB Lakeside 5 Morrilton 1

Could have been worse. Lakeside missed a lot of chances. 2nd string for Lakeside gave up a goal late.

fourfourtwo

The Coach

Quote from: Go Postal on April 04, 2014, 08:35:35 pm
5A West

Girls:
Harrison Lady Goblins 6
Greenbrier Lady Panthers 0

Boys:
Greenbrier Panthers 2

Goblins lead 1-0 at half.  Great comeback from the Panthers.

2 completely different halves in the boys match.

onewildrice

Quote from: FutbolPhan on April 04, 2014, 08:25:22 pm
Varsity Boys

FS Southside 2 (6)
Conway 2 (7)

Not that it matters but the PK's were 5-4 to Conway.  The score keeper left the 2-2 tie on the scoreboard and added each shot as they went in.
[/quote

Is that not what have?
SS 2 + 4pks = (6)
Conway 2 + 5pks = (7)

onewildrice

MDXPHD

Quote from: onewildrice on April 04, 2014, 10:49:11 pm
Varsity Boys

FS Southside 2 (6)
Conway 2 (7)

Is that not what have?
SS 2 + 4pks = (6)
Conway 2 + 5pks = (7)

2 (5)
2 (4)

Lionheart88

Quote from: onewildrice on April 04, 2014, 10:49:11 pm
Varsity Boys

FS Southside 2 (6)
Conway 2 (7)

[/quote

Is that not what have?
SS 2 + 4pks = (6)
Conway 2 + 5pks = (7)
PKs are just a way to settle the tie, they don't all count as goals.  Normally it would be written more like:
Conway 2-2 Southside (Conway 5-4 in PKs)
(Or what MDXPHD has above)

Conway is the winner via PKs, but they aren't considered to have scored 7 goals in the match.

onewildrice

ninjafighter

Valley View @ Mountain Home.  4/4/14

Varsity girls:  VV (2).     MH (2)

Varsity boys:  VV (1).    MH (2)

GenesisGuzman16

6A South Conference

El Dorado JVB 0 - 0 Lake Hamilton JVB
El Dorado VG 6 - 0 Lake Hamilton VG
El Dorado VB 0 - 1 Lake Hamilton VB

Go Postal

Started my week vacation.  Goblins/Lady Goblins alumni games on Saturday.  Should be entertaining.

chaoslord

Quote from: Go Postal on April 04, 2014, 08:35:35 pm
Boys:
Greenbrier Panthers 2

I'm sad I couldn't make it to this, but glad to hear it was a pretty good game. I'm going to try to attend the return match at the end of April. Should be exciting! Conference will be on the line.

HP14

ruserious?

4-4-14  North Little Rock at Searcy (these matches are NOT the conference contests)

JVG  Searcy 1-0 NLR (fairly certain Searcy won; unsure of score, apologies to girls)

VG  Searcy 2-1 NLR (fun match to watch; nice goals by all)

VB  Searcy 1-1 NLR (track meet; NLR is FAST)

the matches that count as the conference games will be April 15

Also, as an fyi, on the 7A/6A master conference schedule, the Jonesboro-Searcy  match up scheduled for Tuesday April 22nd has been MOVED to Friday April 25th. The last schedule I saw posted listed both. They will only play the one game. Thanks.

Go Postal

Not conference or nonconference boys/girls game today at F.S. Garrison Stadium.  It was a alumni games for any soccer players who graduated from 2002-2013.  There was a great turn out of players, ages ranging from around 18 to 29.  Great games.  Wow, Harrison former students are still as athletic now as back then. 

One player did play both in the girls and boys games.  Fantastic player and very athletic.  His name is Coach Chris Pratt.  What is he around 40 now?  But can still play with the stamina and agility of a teenager with the soccer talent of someone who has been playing this game all of his life.  I see why former players and players now have such high respect for him.  Thank you, Chris for all that you have done.

It was two very fun games to the alumni players and for us fans to be at.

HP14

Maumelle JVB just won the tournament in Batesville.  Championship game MHS JV vs Southside Batesville JV.
MHS JVB (1) - Southside Batesville JVB (0)

HP14

Maumelle JVB played undefeated in the Batesville tournament Fri and Sat.
Teams played....
Wynne
Valley View
Paragould
Southside Batesville
Westside

KCShinn21

RC10

04/04 @ FS Northside

VB FS Northside 6-0 Parkview

Anyone know the scores for the following games? (Boys):
04/01 Benton - Sheridan
04/04 Hall - Russellville
04/01 West Memphis - North Little Rock
04/04 Cabot - Marion

Go Postal

Quote from: Go Postal on April 05, 2014, 05:00:13 pm
Not conference or nonconference boys/girls game today at F.S. Garrison Stadium.  It was a alumni games for any soccer players who graduated from 2002-2013.  There was a great turn out of players, ages ranging from around 18 to 29.  Great games.  Wow, Harrison former students are still as athletic now as back then. 

One player did play both in the girls and boys games.  Fantastic player and very athletic.  His name is Coach Chris Pratt.  What is he around 40 now?  But can still play with the stamina and agility of a teenager with the soccer talent of someone who has been playing this game all of his life.  I see why former players and players now have such high respect for him.  Thank you, Chris for all that you have done.

It was two very fun games to the alumni players and for us fans to be at.
Here is a pic of the boys/girls alumni soccer players from 2002-2013 from last Saturday.  Ages ranging from around 18-29 years old.  Great group of young adults and still very great soccer players.  I hope that now and future Goblins/Lady Goblins that saw these games will see how great these players are now and remember how awesome they were in the past.  Harrison didn't get 9 State Championships, 3 State Runner-ups and 22 semi finals appearances since 2002 sitting on their backside.  GO GOBS!

(side note:  Yes, my son woke up on Sunday on his 22 birthday, feeling the physical soreness of this game, but loved it. ;D  He got an assist and almost a goal also)

fourfourtwo

Quote from: RC10 on April 06, 2014, 10:29:50 pm
04/04 @ FS Northside

VB FS Northside 6-0 Parkview

Anyone know the scores for the following games? (Boys):
04/01 Benton - Sheridan
04/04 Hall - Russellville
04/01 West Memphis - North Little Rock
04/04 Cabot - Marion

Hall 1 v Russellville 3

ninjafighter

Quote from: HP14 on April 05, 2014, 10:52:24 pm
Maumelle JVB played undefeated in the Batesville tournament Fri and Sat.
Teams played....
Wynne
Valley View
Paragould
Southside Batesville
Westside

Congrats on a good weekend.   Just to confirm --- this was the Valley View JV squad.   

MDXPHD

Was this a JV tournament? I'm sure VV and Maumelle JVB could hang with most of the varsity squads of this group, but just curious.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas