• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Season officially opens Monday, March 3rd - post scores here through March 9th!

Started by sevenof400, March 01, 2014, 05:13:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Welcome back all to the official start of another soccer season! 

Although the official start date for the year is Monday, March 3rd, I do know that several benefit games may have already been played.  With that in mind, let's get going again!

While the official beginning of the season means out of conference and tournament play pretty much exclusively, we'd still like to see a lot of scores here on Fearless Friday as much as possible.  While I am only keeping the conference records on this forum, if we can get people in the habit of posting scores here now, it should make for an easier time once conference play starts.

Thanks to those of you who have posted scores in the past and I hope to hear from you again this season.  A big FF welcome to those of you who are new to the forum.  Thanks for stopping by - as you read the latest soccer news please take a moment to register and contribute to the soccer thread. 

Also, as you look at the standings for each of the conferences, if you notice your team's conference schedule is missing, please post it and it will be added.

Looking forward to seeing you on the pitch.

Lionheart88

White Hall was out of school today, and the home game vs Lake Village was canceled.  No word that I've heard on when/if the game will be rescheduled.

sevenof400

And a slew of schools are already starting to cancel for Tuesday as well....may not be any games for a couple more days...

Hornet-Hawg

Here is the Friday lineup for the Fort Smith Invitational Tournament.
Boys Bracket at Northside

Bentonville v Lakeside
Game 1 @ 4:00

Southside v Fayetteville
Game 2 @ 5:30

Rogers v Bryant
Game 3 @7:00

Northside v Valley View
Game 4 @8:30

chaoslord

Rogers v Fayetteville JVB/VB for Tuesday, March 4th was called off. I think the conference matchup between these two is to come later this season so I'm not sure if this one will bother with rescheduling.

hst

Hot Springs @ Sylvan Hills (North Shore Soccer Shootout) was moved from Monday/Today to this Saturday due to school cancellations. (G 1PM, B 3PM)

Hot Springs @ Vilonia (North Shore Soccer Shootout) will still be played Friday in Vilonia. (G 5PM, B 7PM)

Sylvan Hills / Vilonia (North Shore Soccer Shootout) will be played next week I believe on the following Friday (3/14).

sevenof400

Still several schools out tomorrow (Wed) but with that being a slow day (usually) for soccer, perhaps we can get to some action on Thursday.

Let's see some sunshine! 

GenesisGuzman16

Nonconference

El Dorado VB 9 - 1 Monticello VB

Quick question. Is Monticello a co-ed team? Because we saw a few girls warm up and come with the team today.

Lionheart88

When they and White Hall were in the 5A SE together, they were.  Apparently, they used to have male and female teams (I went to OBU with at least one girl who'd played for them), but the last few years they haven't had enough girls come out for a full team, so they've just rolled them in with the guys as a coed team.

sevenof400

sevenof400

Going to be some very hard decisions for several teams to make with respect to making up games lost this week.  Given an already abbreviated schedule due to the compressed calendar, several teams appear to still be trying to play a full allotment of games.  Trying to fit rescheduled games in an already compressed calendar will be tough on players, coaches, referees, facilities.....everyone. 

I'm suspecting we will see more games that were postponed NOT rescheduled this year than we have in some time.   

Lionheart88

Compressed?  The State Tournament is a week later than it was last year.

sevenof400

Quote from: Lionheart88 on March 05, 2014, 03:31:39 pm
Compressed?  The State Tournament is a week later than it was last year.

I'm pretty sure we have one less week this year (in the season as a whole) as opposed to last year but maybe that's not the case.....

Go Postal

In non conference...
Harrison VG 4 Heritage VG 0 (1-0 at half)

Heritage VB 6 Harrison VB 2 ( 2-2 at half)

The Coach

Quote from: Go Postal on March 05, 2014, 10:47:40 pm
In non conference...
Harrison VG 4 Heritage VG 0 (1-0 at half)

Heritage VB 6 Harrison VB 2 ( 2-2 at half)

That was a benefit game

mijally

Lionheart88

VG Sheridan 4-0 White Hall
VB Sheridan 3-1 White Hall

Sheridan's teams are both extremely physical.  Nothing wrong with that, I like physical play, but the guys game got pretty ugly at points.  4 yellows, 3 to Sheridan, including one that gave WH a PK that turned into their goal.

Native10

chaoslord

sevenof400

Hornet-Hawg

Bentonville over lakeside but don't know score
Fayetteville 2 - Southside 1 (winning goal with about 15 secs left)
Bryant 0 - Rogers 0 (Bryant 4-3 on kicks)

Lionheart88

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 07, 2014, 09:04:38 pm
VG Vilonia 11, Hot Springs 0
VB Vilonia 6, Hot Springs 3
Are the Vilonia Girls that good, or HSHS that bad? 

dispossessed

Quote from: Lionheart88 on March 07, 2014, 10:03:29 pm

Not sure how good Vilonia is, but I would be pretty certain that HS is that bad. For a town with the population base that HS has, their soccer programs have, well...underachieved.

sevenof400

Quote from: dispossessed on March 08, 2014, 02:24:46 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on March 07, 2014, 10:03:29 pm

Not sure how good Vilonia is, but I would be pretty certain that HS is that bad. For a town with the population base that HS has, their soccer programs have, well...underachieved.

I won't put a lot of stock in any one game (and one so early in the season) but Hot Springs struggled last year as well.  Having three large schools (Hot Springs, Hot Springs Lakeside, and Lake Hamilton) no doubt makes improving even that much harder.  On the club side, Hot Springs has traditionally been very competitive on the girls side but not with such depth to supply three high schools worth of talent. 

You will get a much better measure of Vilonia in the coming week as they host Searcy, Conway Christian, and Sylvan Hills. 

AirWarren

Lionheart88

I was at the Sheridan tournament today, mostly only paying attention to the games involving White Hall, but I caught some other stuff:

Girls: Greenbrier over Benton, it was 3-0 at one point, may have gotten worse.
Boys: Benton over Greenbrier, 5-0 I think.
Girls: White Hall 1-0 over Benton
Boys: Greebrier 8-2 over White Hall  (it was 4-2 at the half and White Hall just gave up and put in their reserves maybe 10 minutes into the second).

HP14

FutbolPhan

Friday, March 7, 2014 Non-Conference Games

Conway Wampus Cats at Little Rock Christian

CHS VG 2 - 0 LRCA
CHS VB 1 - 0 LRCA

AirWarren

Hornet-Hawg

Here is what I know from Ft Smith Tournament (Boys):
Bentonville over Lakeside
Fayetteville 2 - FSSS 1
Bryant 0 - Rogers 0 (Bryant 4-3 pks)
FSNS over Valley VieW
Lakeside over FSSS
Rogers 6 - Valley View 0
Bentonville 2 - Fayetteville 1
FSNS 2 - Bryant 0
7th Place
Valley View vs FSSS ??
5th Place
Rogers 4 - Lakeside 0
3rd Place
Fayetteville 1 - Bryant 1 (Fayetteville 5-4 pks)
1st Place
Bentonville vs FSNS ??

HP14

Maumelle VB (1) vs Batesville (0)
Maumelle VB (3) vs Southside Batesville (1)
Maumelle VB (1) vs Nettleton (0)

All games played 3/8 in West Memphis tournament. Each half 20 min.

chaoslord

From Fort Smith

VB HS Lakeside 1  FS Southside 0
VG Bryant 4 FS Southside 0
VG HS Lakeside 0 Van Buren 2
VG Rogers 0 FS Northside 1
VG FS Southside 0 Fayetteville 2

Hornet-Hawg

Quote from: chaoslord on March 09, 2014, 03:29:16 pm
From Fort Smith

VB HS Lakeside 1  FS Southside 0
VG Bryant 4 FS Southside 0