• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-1 District Tourney Explanation?

Started by Basketball13, February 06, 2014, 02:53:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Basketball13

So the 4A-1 has been split in half.
The South includes Subiaco, Danville, Dardanelle, Gentry, Decatur.
The North inclues Bergman, Berryville, Eureka Springs, Green Forest

They will be playing a district tourney and I am confused to how it plays out. Will it be like the basketball district tourney? #1 and #2 are automatically in; #8 plays #5 and #6 plays #7.. The winner of 8-5 plays #3 and the winner of 6-7 plays #3 and so forth?

Or is there going to be another way to go about with this? I am excited in a way to see what this brings but would like some feedback.

Thanks.

ManUCH14

Thanks for this topic, because I am really confused as well and would like to know how it's going to workout this year?

SouthParkMojado

This is only for this region due to traveling for some teams

Basketball13

The Coach

Each team will be seeded for the district tourney based on how they do in the regular season. The better you do the less you have to play in district to make it to state. 1 seeds will likely get a bye to semis and be qualified for state if I had to guess. Your district finish will be your state seeding.

Personally it's stupid and takes quality games away from teams. For example Berryville gets nothing out of playing Bergman, Eureka Springs, Decatur two times. Or teams like that. Be better prepared for state playing the schedule they played the last few years. This was done for travel.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas