• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Teams

Started by SouthParkMojado, January 24, 2014, 10:55:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Basketball13

Definitely agree. Wish we were playing some stronger teams. I know nothing about the 4A North part of our district.

The Coach

April 06, 2014, 05:43:12 pm #51 Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 05:44:47 pm by The Coach
Quote from: Basketball13 on April 06, 2014, 05:41:54 pm
Definitely agree. Wish we were playing some stronger teams. I know nothing about the 4A North part of our district.

Berryville returns like 5 starters but lost their coach and Green Forest returns around 7 starters and lost their coach.

The other teams are awful.

Basketball13

But how good are those two?

The Coach

As good as anyone in 4A

Basketball13

In no order I'd say berryville, Subiaco, green forest, maumelle, cac are top 5.

The Coach

April 06, 2014, 05:51:16 pm #55 Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 05:55:52 pm by The Coach
I've seen Green Forest and they are decent in the center mid and forwards. However, they don't play very hard at times and they play straight ahead to much. Definitely vulnerable to the offsides traps and they don't possess the ball well enough to build the attack. Nor are they patient enough to do so. They want to play long and over the top. They only have 1 player that's a threat with speed.

The Coach

April 06, 2014, 05:52:51 pm #56 Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 05:54:36 pm by The Coach
Quote from: Basketball13 on April 06, 2014, 05:50:00 pm

I've seen Valley View and they are as good as Green Forest and far more organized and disciplined.

Basketball13

So you would take valley view over green forest?

The Coach

Me personally yes. Better coached and they understand what it takes to win it all having done so last year. Plus they play hard all the time, unlike GF.

Basketball13

It was a tough loss for us against them last year. Basically a finals game IMO.

beeroe

Quote from: The Coach on April 06, 2014, 05:43:12 pm
The other teams are awful.

Keep in mind the "other teams" are 2A schools playing in a 4A conference. Perhaps some more encouraging verb-age next time?

Leon

Quote from: The Coach on April 06, 2014, 05:39:32 pm
Quote from: Basketball13 on April 06, 2014, 05:35:42 pm
36 goals in 6 games is definitely something to be proud of.

Be more impressive if they were doing it against tougher competition.

They are definitely good, however, I do think Danville is Subiaco's closest competitor. Danville's first game of the season was against Subiaco, they had no pre-games. Subiaco won that game solid but Danville has been maturing as they go every game. It's going to be a good games when these to face each other again, I am looking forward to it.

I'm still impressed by Danville's last year though they scored over 5 goals per game on average and made it to state on their first year's program.

Leon

April 07, 2014, 11:50:26 am #62 Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:58:14 am by Leon
Quote from: The Coach on April 06, 2014, 05:39:32 pm
Quote from: Basketball13 on April 06, 2014, 05:35:42 pm
36 goals in 6 games is definitely something to be proud of.

Be more impressive if they were doing it against tougher competition.

They are definitely good, however, I do think Danville is Subiaco's closest competitor. Danville's first game of the season was against Subiaco, they had no pre-games. Subiaco won that game solid but Danville has been maturing as they go every game. It's going to be a good games when these to face each other again, I am looking forward to it.

I'm still impressed by Danville's last year though they scored over 5 goals per game on average and made it to state on their first year's program. That year Subiaco beat Danville on first game and Danville beat Subiaco at home going through for state. We'll see if it works out the same way, but Subiaco definitely going to state this time. No doubt about that.
Sorry for the double post.

Basketball13

On the bus now. Subiaco Headed to Gentry

Basketball13

Subiaco beat Gentry 7-0.

Leon

When will Dardanelle play Decatur?

Basketball13

Is eureka springs that good or is berryville that bad?

11players

yeah how did Eureka Springs beat Berryville? how did the game go? anybody?

ManUCH14

What I heard is that Berryville isn't as good as last year and Eureka has 3-4 players that have some talent. I would say Berryville underestimated Eureka and took a surprise. And it's hard to play on a field like Eureka's. But however, I have also heard Berryville had some players quit the team, I have no idea why or if this is true, this is just what I heard. But I'm sure Berryville will take this to get motivated and work harder. And Eureka will build off this win and carry it to their next game which is probably against Bergman or green forest.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: ManUCH14 on April 08, 2014, 05:45:31 pm
What I heard is that Berryville isn't as good as last year and Eureka has 3-4 players that have some talent. I would say Berryville underestimated Eureka and took a surprise. And it's hard to play on a field like Eureka's. But however, I have also heard Berryville had some players quit the team, I have no idea why or if this is true, this is just what I heard. But I'm sure Berryville will take this to get motivated and work harder. And Eureka will build off this win and carry it to their next game which is probably against Bergman or green forest.

How is Eureka's field? Turf, grass, dirt? (Yes, dirt. You'd be surprised at fields I've seen.)

Basketball13

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on April 08, 2014, 11:03:11 pm
Quote from: ManUCH14 on April 08, 2014, 05:45:31 pm

How is Eureka's field? Turf, grass, dirt? (Yes, dirt. You'd be surprised at fields I've seen.)

It's very small and grass. Has holes in it and very bumpy.

SouthParkMojado

From what i heard from a Green Forest player is that most of Berryville's players dropped out of school.

The Coach

Quote from: SouthParkMojado on April 09, 2014, 10:08:40 am
From what i heard from a Green Forest player is that most of Berryville's players dropped out of school.

1 player dropped out. A bunch of guys quit. Their coach took a job at Harrison. Best goal scorer graduated. A lot of change for the Bobcats.

11players

just curious, who has scored the most individually, so far?

Leon

Danville boys v Sheridan 7-1
Danville girls v Sheridan 1-7

SearcySoccer

Quote from: The Coach on April 06, 2014, 05:52:51 pm
Quote from: Basketball13 on April 06, 2014, 05:50:00 pm

I've seen Valley View and they are as good as Green Forest and far more organized and disciplined.

I watched Valley View play at Searcy and was impressed with what I saw but they aren't the Valley View from years past. I also got the chance to see Maumelle's JV team win a Varsity tournament and if their varsity is better I would hate to be standing in their way of a state title. Both teams are very composed and don't get rattled easily which will only help them in their state title runs.

ninjafighter

Just watched Valley View boys beat Jonesboro boys
1-0.   Valley View controlled 70% of the game. 
Hard fought game on both sides. 

Leon

Danville lost to St. Joseph 2-3 last night.

Danville's next week schedule looks like this, all conf games.

Monday April 29th Decatur @Danville
Tuesday April 28th Subiaco @ Danville
Wednesday April 30th Danville @ Dardanelle
Thursday April 2nd Gentry @ Danville

Danville is basically playing all of their conf second games in one week! That's going to be tiring for the players and hope no injuries come from this. I believe this can potentially affect the qualification. Well see Danville can pull this off.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Leon on April 26, 2014, 11:24:20 am
Danville lost to St. Joseph 2-3 last night.

Danville's next week schedule looks like this, all conf games.

Monday April 29th Decatur @Danville
Tuesday April 28th Subiaco @ Danville
Wednesday April 30th Danville @ Dardanelle
Thursday April 2nd Gentry @ Danville

Danville is basically playing all of their conf second games in one week! That's going to be tiring for the players and hope no injuries come from this. I believe this can potentially affect the qualification. Well see Danville can pull this off.

Is there a reason for Danville's schedule being like this? Weather delays or something? Or was it originally put in place like this? I can't ever recall seeing a team's schedule with four games (let alone conference games) in one week. Either way, best of luck to Danville!

Leon

Yes it was due to weather. Unfortunately a couple of games had to be rescheduled due to bad weather. Decatur and Subiaco. Danville was supposed to play Subiaco last Wednesday. It rained but it was fine by the time the game was supposed to have been played(5pm). I think it should have been delayed instead of postponed. It is what it is let's see how it turns out.

Leon

April 29, 2014, 07:42:39 pm #80 Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 07:44:17 pm by Leon
Mon Danville 2 Decatur 2 (lost PK) Danville could of won this game just don't know what happened to the players.
Today was different, Tue Danville 2 Subiaco 1 Danville was far better than Subiaco and controlled all the game. Danville scored early in first half and second half. Subiaco scored in the last 9 minutes of the game. I guess Subiaco wanted better competition and they found it.

Leon

Tomorrow Danville at Dardanelle

The Coach

Quote from: Leon on April 29, 2014, 07:42:39 pm
I guess Subiaco wanted better competition and they found it.

Is this post serious?

Danville lost to Decatur the day before and you post this. I'd be a little more humble if I were you.

Go Postal

I have a question.  How is Maumelle boys/girls doing this year?  Just curious since they are coming to the 5A West next year.

Leon

Quote from: The Coach on April 29, 2014, 08:22:53 pm

Is this post serious?

Danville lost to Decatur the day before and you post this. I'd be a little more humble if I were you.

I'm sorry I didn't mean it in a bad way, don't get me wrong. Subiaco is a really good team I was only referring back to previous posts about it. If you think I need to be more humble about this then you must think the same about those posts.

Basketball13

Is this post serious?

As a coach, I find this intriguing. Yes, Danville won. Was Danville far better, I would beg to differ. We (Subiaco) did not come with our heads on ready to play. We take the loss with pride and will continue to improve. Good luck to Danville the rest of the way.

Leon

April 29, 2014, 10:20:19 pm #86 Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 10:23:19 pm by Leon
Quote from: Basketball13 on April 29, 2014, 09:58:40 pm

Is this post serious?

As a coach, I find this intriguing. Yes, Danville won. Was Danville far better, I would beg to differ. We (Subiaco) did not come with our heads on ready to play. We take the loss with pride and will continue to improve. Good luck to Danville the rest of the way.

I completely understand! That is just how soccer is. Danville experienced the same thing Monday with Decatur. No credit taken away from Decatur because they played good and scored perfect PKs. All teams suffer from that at one point.

Best of luck to Subiaco

SouthParkMojado

So by looking at the stats for 4a-1.
The South is
1) Subiaco
2) Danville
3) Decatur
4) Dardanelle
5) Gentry
and for the north it depends on today's game, Berryville vs Green Forest for 1st. place.

HorseFeathers

So...been helping a little bit with the soccer "wiki" stickied at the top of the page...How are the state playoff participants decided in teh 4A conferences? That's part of the missing information from it....

Thanks in advance any information, or maybe a link to a website?

Basketball13

Quote from: HF on April 30, 2014, 01:05:48 pm
So...been helping a little bit with the soccer "wiki" stickied at the top of the page...How are the state playoff participants decided in teh 4A conferences? That's part of the missing information from it....

Top 4 teams from each district make it in 4A. 4A-1 is only team with a district tournament due to travel problems.

Leon

Danville 1 Dardanelle 4

Danville lost 2 players against Subiaco by injury and red card. They showed really tired as it's the third game back to back. Either way it was a really good game. Danville never put their heads down and kept going. Defensive errors cost them the game of back to back goals. Good job to Dardanelle and good luck for the rest of the season. Now to rest tomorrow as Danville will be receiving Gentry at home.

Go Postal

Quote from: Basketball13 on April 30, 2014, 03:31:47 pm
Quote from: HF on April 30, 2014, 01:05:48 pm

Top 4 teams from each district make it in 4A. 4A-1 is only team with a district tournament due to travel problems.
I'm the one with other posters trying to get a clear view on "wiki' or this soccer forum on how the 4A conference, then regional/division, then State playoffs is determined.

You are saying that each conference(division) from the 4A-1, 4A-2, 4A-3 and 4A-4 that, in soccer, the Top 4 teams from each conference(division) makes it in 4A Championship playoffs, but the 4A-1 conference(division) still has a tournament to decide on what teams from the 4A-1 to go into the regular 4A playoffs?  Clarification is still needed if I read this wrong or at least tell me that I read this right.

Reminder to all...
Other posters and myself are trying to finally get a complete picture of Arkansas Soccer for all conferences on the web for a first time to the rest of the World.  Your cooperation for any Arkansas conference is greatly appreciated.  PM me or post on the link below...

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=135409.msg2969926;topicseen#msg2969926

Sir Alex

Each conference is allowed to decide how the certify their teams for the state tournament.  Most conferences take their top four teams from regular season play and send them to the state tournament.   In this situation, this 4A conference split into two divisions because of travel and decided that they will have a conference tournament to decide who goes to the state tournament.  The regular season play is used to determine seeding for their conference tournament.  Hopefully this helps clarify it a bit.

The Coach

May 01, 2014, 05:02:25 pm #93 Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 06:41:44 pm by The Coach
So Eureka Springs played an ineligible player all year and forfeits all games.

North is

1. Berryville
2. Green Forest
3. Bergman
4. Eureka Springs

South is

1. Subiaco
2  Danville
3. Dardanelle
4. Decatur
5. Gentry (not going to district)

1 seeds are state qualified all others have to play their way in.

HP14

4a-1 Conference
So if both of the #1 seeds are in.... which will be the 4a-1 #1, and the 4a-1 #2 in the State Bracket?

Does anyone know the top 4 for each of the 4a-2, 4a-3, and 4a-4 conferences at this point?
I only know/assume the following:
4a-3
1. Maumelle
2. Valley View
3. ?
4. ?

HP14

I'm Sorry my previous post was for VB.....

The Coach

The only 2 teams that are definately in the State Tournament from the 4a-1 are Berryville and Subiaco.  They have byes to the Semi's of the District Tournament.  The 2 seeds are Green Forest and Danville and they have byes to the Quarters and if they win 1 game they will be qualified for the state tournament.  Everyone else has to win atleast 2 games to qualify.

The semi winners will play each other to decide the 1 and 2 seeds for state and the semi losers will play to determine the 3 and 4 seeds for state.  Its just like basketball if I'm not mistaken.   

Basketball13

If anyone can enlighten me on how to post a picture from my phone, I will post the 4A-1 bracket.

Basketball13

Basketball13

Quote from: Basketball13 on May 02, 2014, 11:51:52 am
If anyone can enlighten me on how to post a picture from my phone, I will post the 4A-1 bracket.

If my next post didn't work...

http://m.imgur.com/pBB6JI5

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas