• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Pre-Season Prognostications

Started by dispossessed, December 08, 2013, 11:18:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HP14

Maumelle High School Boys Schedule:
3/3 vs Jacksonville 7pm - Home
3/6 vs AR Baptist 7 pm - Home
3/7 vs Nettleton 3:30 pm - West Memphis Tournament.  Other games TBA
3/11 vs Episcopal 7pm - @ Episcopal
3/17 vs CAC 7pm - Home
3/20 vs Cabot 5pm - @ Cabot
4/1 vs Conway Christian 7pm - Home (conf)
4/7 vs West Side 7pm - Home (conf)
4/10 vs St Joseph's 7pm - @ St Joseph's (conf)
4/17 vs Riverview 7pm - Home (conf)
4/22 vs Valley View 7pm - @ Valley View (conf)
4/25 vs Southside Batesville 7pm - Home (conf)
4/28 vs Crowleys Ridge 7pm - Home (conf)

Go Postal

Harrison high school has started streaming games on the internet.  They did the Goblin football games, still doing Goblins/Lady Goblin basketball games and as of tonight started doing Goblin/Lady Goblin soccer games. Remember these are high school kids learning on how to do internet multimedia and are trying their best.  I noticed that on tonight's soccer games were not live but recorded, with no commentary and camera position didn't show the scoreboard. Need to go live with commentators and at least another camera to show the scoreboard and/or closeup action on the pitch as they do in football games and basketball games.  But hey, I congratulate the Goblin Nation for GOBTV on this big step into multimedia on their first year.

The GOBTV soccer link is...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gobtvsoccer

The GOBTV basketball (@Morrilton on Friday night, should be live starting with girls game around 6pm) link is...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gobtvbasketball

Still not sure of final soccer scores on the Rogers Heritage@Harrison tonight.  Sir Alex can you enlighten us?  Thanks.

chaoslord

Jenks (OK) 3 Springdale 1 VB

Know it's not "pre season" any more but I dunno if I should make a new thread or what so just postin it here.

The Coach

Quote from: Go Postal on February 27, 2014, 07:33:50 pm
Harrison high school has started streaming games on the internet.  They did the Goblin football games, still doing Goblins/Lady Goblin basketball games and as of tonight started doing Goblin/Lady Goblin soccer games. Remember these are high school kids learning on how to do internet multimedia and are trying their best.  I noticed that on tonight's soccer games were not live but recorded, with no commentary and camera position didn't show the scoreboard. Need to go live with commentators and at least another camera to show the scoreboard and/or closeup action on the pitch as they do in football games and basketball games.  But hey, I congratulate the Goblin Nation for GOBTV on this big step into multimedia on their first year.

The GOBTV basketball (@Morrilton on Friday night, should be live starting with girls game around 6pm) link is...

Still not sure of final soccer scores on the Rogers Heritage@Harrison tonight.  Sir Alex can you enlighten us?  Thanks.

Harrison VG 4 Heritage VG 0 (1-0 at half)

Heritage VB 6 Harrison VB 2 ( 2-2 at half)

Go Postal

February 27, 2014, 10:36:31 pm #54 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:39:19 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: The Coach on February 27, 2014, 09:40:41 pm

Thanks Coach.  Watched the stream of the girls game.  Not sure of what happened in the boy's game (not streamed yet).  But it looked like the Lady Goblins are playing solid in this first game.  Not seeing the game yet, but going on your post, the Goblins need to work on the 2nd half.  Not sure of yet if any basketball players are still playing that will play for the GOB boys soccer team, but 2-2 at half is pretty good against a 7A team.  Congrats Harrison girls and Heritage boys!  Nice start of the season.

Hints to the GOBTV cameraperson for to get the best camera view,
1.  follow and center on the ball (I know that this is hard in a fastpaced large field sport). Turn that camera.
2.  (see #1) and know where the closest sidelines are in a soccer stadium for camera angle, not in a football stadium.  Corner shots, goalie kickoffs not just seeing where the ball goes in center field.
3.  (see #1 and #2)  learn how the game is played to expect how the ball will be shot from either team.

I know this sounds bad, but you did good on your first soccer game.  You can only get better.  Remember, that this is NOT football OR basketball, but IS a worldwide sport and Goblin worldwide friends will be watching.  No pressure, you guys do awesome in your first year of streaming. 

The Coach

February 27, 2014, 10:54:12 pm #55 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:56:06 pm by The Coach
Quote from: Go Postal on February 27, 2014, 10:36:31 pm

Thanks Coach.  Watched the stream of the girls game.  Not sure of what happened in the boy's game (not streamed yet).  But it looked like the Lady Goblins are playing solid in this first game.  Not seeing the game yet, but going on your post, the Goblins need to work on the 2nd half.  Not sure of yet if any basketball players are still playing that will play for the GOB boys soccer team, but 2-2 at half is pretty good against a 7A team.  Congrats Harrison girls and Heritage boys!  Nice start of the season.

1.  follow and center on the ball (I know that this is hard in a fastpaced large field sport). Turn that camera.
2.  (see #1) and know where the closest sidelines are in a soccer stadium for camera angle, not in a football stadium.  Corner shots, goalie kickoffs not just seeing where the ball goes in center field.
3.  (see #1 and #2)  learn how the game is played to expect how the ball will be shot from either team.

I know this sounds bad, but you did good on your first soccer game.  You can only get better.  Remember, that this is NOT football OR basketball, but IS a worldwide sport and Goblin worldwide friends will be watching.  No pressure, you guys do awesome in your first year of streaming.

Boys will gain 1 player from bball I believe.

Jordan Reeves had 2 rocket shots that turned unlucky for the Gobs as the ball raddled the post once and the GK got literally a finger on one. Scored both goals off set pieces. 1 corner and 1 throw in.

Go Postal

Quote from: The Coach on February 27, 2014, 10:54:12 pm
Quote from: Go Postal on February 27, 2014, 10:36:31 pm

Boys will gain 1 player from bball I believe.

Jordan Reeves had 2 rocket shots that turned unlucky for the Gobs as the ball raddled the post once and the GK got literally a finger on one. Scored both goals off set pieces. 1 corner and 1 throw in.
Dang them baseball team and other Spring's sports teams getting our could be soccer players.  LOL.  But I guess that getting close to a State Championship in any sport is nice for any school. ;)

dispossessed

Springdale lost 1-3 to Jenks (OK) Thursday. Jenks is #1 in Oklahoma and #6 nationally and that's a pretty accurate assessment I think. Springdale's first outing of the season and Jenks' fourth. Two of Jenks goals came from long throw ins, from close in that resembled a corner, where there was a scrum in front of the net and Jenks was able to convert. A goal is a goal and I expect The Bulldogs will be working on set piece defense going forward, but for the first game out against a significant opponent, they looked pretty strong. Pretty good crowd for February, as well.

Sockers Kid

Springdale & Jenks were both overrated, IMO! The Bulldogs are a good team, but a shadow of what they were in 2012 & last year. Jenks #6 national ranking is way off. Springdale had the better possession overall, but they didn't create enough quality chances. Jenks clearly had more quality opportunities. Overall the quality of play wasn't there from both sides for all the hype leading up to it. Little Rock Catholic and Har-Ber will be the class of the 2014 season.

chaoslord

I think the big thing for the Jenks/Springdale matchup was it being early season still. There were plenty of flashes of quality by both teams. Springdale had a few great attacks where the last pass just wasn't what it needed to be, which will (IMO) be hit better when May rolls around. Time will only tell, though. They definitely aren't the team of the last few years, as Sockers said. Jenks might not be #6 national worthy but same to them, quality could be seen. Physical team that made the most of their set pieces.

I was impressed by the crowd, too. Was not expecting a sizeable amount of people for a February 27th game that had been pushed forward at short notice but they came out and supported their team well. Students might have went a bit far with the popular tradition of yelling swears when the goalkeeper for Jenks put the ball in play but, you know, high school kids.

I'm excited to get to see Har-Ber at some point in the next few weeks and see how they compare. I probably won't see Catholic much this season though so it'll be good to read up on them.  Basically, welcome back high school soccer.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas