• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Preseason Soccer News?

Started by beeroe, October 14, 2013, 08:48:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beeroe

How are things looking so far?

Does Subiaco have a new coach?

Any shakeups in the conferences yet?

GenesisGuzman16

Preseason is looking bright in El Dorado! We play Searcy and HS Lakeside in Little Rock Saturday.

Lionheart88

Wait, there's fall ball for HS soccer?

football nut

October 15, 2013, 12:54:09 pm #3 Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 02:16:27 pm by football nut
Quote from: GenesisGuzman16 on October 15, 2013, 06:49:37 am
Preseason is looking bright in El Dorado! We play Searcy and HS Lakeside in Little Rock Saturday.

Wow, did not know high school soccer teams could play in the fall.
Is this couched as a scrimmage?

GenesisGuzman16

Quote from: football nut on October 15, 2013, 12:54:09 pm

Well not exactly. We're entered in this league and we play who is in our group. So far we've played Greenbrier, Arkansas United, and White Hall. Other teams in this league was Vilonia, Sheridan, Texarkana, and some other team from NE Arkansas. So far we've tied 2 games (2-2 against Arkansas United and 2-2 Greenbrier) and lost to White Hall 2-1.

Quote from: Lionheart88 on October 15, 2013, 11:24:51 am

Look above for explanation.

Lionheart88

Oh, you're talking about the ASSA recreational league.  That's different.  I know for a fact White Hall has several guys on that team that either don't live in the district or already graduated, and they have plenty of folks that'll play HS that aren't playing rec right now.

Basketball13

Quote from: beeroe on October 14, 2013, 08:48:57 pm
Does Subiaco have a new coach?
Hired mother of a senior on the team, Annette Dunham, to take over team. They have some new talent. Look for a good year.

football nut

Quote from: GenesisGuzman16 on October 15, 2013, 10:30:53 pm
Quote from: football nut on October 15, 2013, 12:54:09 pm

Well not exactly. We're entered in this league and we play who is in our group. So far we've played Greenbrier, Arkansas United, and White Hall. Other teams in this league was Vilonia, Sheridan, Texarkana, and some other team from NE Arkansas. So far we've tied 2 games (2-2 against Arkansas United and 2-2 Greenbrier) and lost to White Hall 2-1.

Quote from: Lionheart88 on October 15, 2013, 11:24:51 am

Look above for explanation.

That is really neat. I can imagine there are a lot of high school teams that should be doing this.
can any team enter the league?

GenesisGuzman16

Quote from: Lionheart88 on October 16, 2013, 09:13:59 am
Oh, you're talking about the ASSA recreational league.  That's different.  I know for a fact White Hall has several guys on that team that either don't live in the district or already graduated, and they have plenty of folks that'll play HS that aren't playing rec right now.

Is that what it is? Well it's still good preparation for the upcoming season!

Quote from: football nut on October 16, 2013, 08:37:13 pm
That is really neat. I can imagine there are a lot of high school teams that should be doing this.
can any team enter the league?

Well now it's too late now but like Lionheart88 said, most of the teams are high school students. I like it. And most high schools that have a sufficient amount of students willing to play in the fall should definitely do this to try out new formations and positions!

NWAguy

Most teams are holding tryouts soon in NWA any news on that?

SouthParkMojado

From What I been hearing, is that this years season the format is different according to a coach The AAA made a different format for state. Something about that The AAA picks 4 teams you play(home and away) than the rest of the available dates you have are that you can schedule with any team.

sevenof400

Quote from: SouthParkMojado on November 12, 2013, 01:05:55 pm
From What I been hearing, is that this years season the format is different according to a coach The AAA made a different format for state. Something about that The AAA picks 4 teams you play(home and away) than the rest of the available dates you have are that you can schedule with any team.

??????

Say what?

NWAguy

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 12, 2013, 05:58:57 pm

??????

Say what?

Im not sure what you are saying. Are you talking about the state tournament or the regular season. I have heard no such thing.

MDXPHD

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 12, 2013, 05:58:57 pm

??????

Say what?

It's not happening like that. That wouldn't make any sense.  And they can't delegate who you play home or away if they don't do it in any other sport.  They wouldn't govern soccer any differently.

SouthParkMojado

I'm talking about the regular season. Our Coach went to a AAA meeting for soccer and the AAA told him that the AAA chooses 4 teams you have to play (home and away) than the rest of your available dates you choose any team you want to play. Than After you play the required games you have to win 3/4 to qualify for state. I wasn't agreeing with him but he keeps insisting that at the meeting the AAA changed the process of qualifying to the State Tournament. Can someone explain this to me or can get info. from their coaches. ??? ???

sevenof400

Quote from: SouthParkMojado on November 19, 2013, 08:41:03 am
I'm talking about the regular season. Our Coach went to a AAA meeting for soccer and the AAA told him that the AAA chooses 4 teams you have to play (home and away) than the rest of your available dates you choose any team you want to play. Than After you play the required games you have to win 3/4 to qualify for state. I wasn't agreeing with him but he keeps insisting that at the meeting the AAA changed the process of qualifying to the State Tournament. Can someone explain this to me or can get info. from their coaches. ??? ???

I'm thinking the AAA meeting your coach attended was not given by the Arkansas Activities Association......

Conferences still determine the method for choosing their champion and playoff qualifiers. 

For most conferences, pretty much the only decision is whether to play a single or double round robin. 
AAA does not play any part in setting a team's schedule.  That is left to the respective conferences.

All AAA wants to know at the end of the conference season is the name and seed of the teams advancing to the playoffs from your conference. 

The 6/7A split does muddy the water a bit in those classifications but the basic method still works there as well. 

What classification is your team/coach in SouthParkMojado?

MDXPHD

He must not have attended an AAA meeting.  I'm not sure when they have those, but the logic behind his misunderstanding doesn't make sense.  Although the AAA does some crazy things, this won't be one of them.  Choosing who a team plays in the pre/non conference season is irrelevant to the AAA.

SouthParkMojado

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 19, 2013, 10:45:54 am
Quote from: SouthParkMojado on November 19, 2013, 08:41:03 am

I'm thinking the AAA meeting your coach attended was not given by the Arkansas Activities Association......

Conferences still determine the method for choosing their champion and playoff qualifiers. 

For most conferences, pretty much the only decision is whether to play a single or double round robin. 
AAA does not play any part in setting a team's schedule.  That is left to the respective conferences.

All AAA wants to know at the end of the conference season is the name and seed of the teams advancing to the playoffs from your conference. 

The 6/7A split does muddy the water a bit in those classifications but the basic method still works there as well. 

What classification is your team/coach in SouthParkMojado?
We Are in the 4a Region 1

The Coach

They are having a conference tournament to seed the teams for state in the 1-4a. It's all do to travel, so they split the conf into north and south and will play a conf schedule to determine seeds for the conf tourney and from that they will seed the 4 teams for state.

SouthParkMojado

Quote from: The Coach on November 19, 2013, 08:12:35 pm
They are having a conference tournament to seed the teams for state in the 1-4a. It's all do to travel, so they split the conf into north and south and will play a conf schedule to determine seeds for the conf tourney and from that they will seed the 4 teams for state.
Because our schedule is already made and we got Gentry, Dardanelle, Subiaco, and we play them home and away. So would that make to top two from each conference battle it out in the tournament than for state or would that be our season matches to qualify for state?

sevenof400

Quote from: SouthParkMojado on November 20, 2013, 01:53:42 pm
Quote from: The Coach on November 19, 2013, 08:12:35 pm
Because our schedule is already made and we got Gentry, Dardanelle, Subiaco, and we play them home and away. So would that make to top two from each conference battle it out in the tournament than for state or would that be our season matches to qualify for state?

This is up to your conference to determine and decide.

Keep in mind AAA leaves it up to each conference to determine which teams will advance to the state playoffs.  AAA will support whatever the conference decides. 

I'll definitely be interested to see how this plays out this season.  I would expect play within each division to figure the #1 thru #4 seeds within that division and the conference tournament would then match teams something like:

#1 North vs #4 South
#3 North vs #2 South

#2 North vs #3 South
#4 North vs #1 South

The four winners from those games might be the four teams that advance to the state tournament.

Semi Finals:
Winner 1 vs Winner 2
Winner 3 vs Winner 4

Finals:
Semi final winners

#1 Seed is the tournament winner
#2 Seed is the tournament runner up
#3 and #4 seeds would be the semi final losers (and may have to play a game to determine seeds).

The Coach

I want to say the 1's from both sides get a bye and are automatically qualified for state. Then the 2 teams that won and advanced to the semi's would be the other reps for state. They would play a 3rd place game as well. It will be setup like the district and regional bball tourneys. The 2 semi winners play for the 1 & 2 seeds losers for 3 & 4 seeds.

1234firecracker

I am looking at a prelim 2014 7A soccer schedule and the last game is scheduled for Friday, May 9th which is a week later than last year. Does anyone know when and/or where the Playoffs or the State Championship will be held?
It seems everything will be pushed back a week compared to last year.

Colt

The state tourneys are set May 16-18 or 17-19, whatever that Thursday-Saturday is.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Colt on December 03, 2013, 06:45:04 pm
The state tourneys are set May 16-18 or 17-19, whatever that Thursday-Saturday is.
15th-17th

ManUCH14

The whole 4a conference is open this year. I was thinking Berryville and Green forest would be a tough contender, but I've heard both have lost there coach and will have a new one this year.?

The Coach

Quote from: ManUCH14 on December 05, 2013, 10:22:48 pm
The whole 4a conference is open this year. I was thinking Berryville and Green forest would be a tough contender, but I've heard both have lost there coach and will have a new one this year.?

It will help GF cause they didn't have a coach. They might actually get someone that cares and makes them work for a change. Things zuazua never did.

1234firecracker

Pushing back the High School season one week will conflict even more with High School graduation ceremonies. That's not good.

ManUCH14

Is that true The coach? I thought GF's coach made them a contender the past years? I thought it most of his knowledge rather than the player's talent? But now I see he wouldn't do anything! That's very interesting, I had no clue! I guess them having a new coach will help them. How about Berryville, I knew there coach left and he seemed to know a lot and organize his team, I hope they find somebody to replace him.

The Coach

Quote from: ManUCH14 on December 10, 2013, 07:10:21 pm
Is that true The coach? I thought GF's coach made them a contender the past years? I thought it most of his knowledge rather than the player's talent? But now I see he wouldn't do anything! That's very interesting, I had no clue! I guess them having a new coach will help them. How about Berryville, I knew there coach left and he seemed to know a lot and organize his team, I hope they find somebody to replace him.

ZuaZua would skip practice and let the kids do what ever they wanted with no discipline. They have talent and with some direction and discipline can be a very solid contender. Berryville's coach worked hard to make his kids act right and play the game the right way. He may not have known as much as others but he cared about his kids a lot. They should be another very solid contender. Definitely think Bville is hurt more then GF.

Taxman

Valley View lost a big senior class but the freshman coming in are talented.  There were several freshman from last year that started and played meaningful minutes so they may be a sleeper.  Plus, Teat has become a very solid coach and the players and Teat expect success.

chaoslord

This isn't really news, but I don't see a need to start a whole new thread just to have a short little post about my how happy I am the season is here.

I am super excited for the season to be almost here. A few of the schools in NWA have schedules on their websites already, so I'm going through and kind of planning my season as far as games I'm going to go watch if I'm not working. I'm honestly a little glad the season seems to be starting a little later than normal, although that might just be perception on my part. There should be some good games this season and, of course, the "Springdale Derby" on May 9th will be required viewing for anyone who lives in the area.

Anyone want to take a punt at who they think the champions will be in any classification? Way too early, but that never stops the pre-season football polls. ESPN already has one for the 2014 season....
e: Just saw the other thread that's dedicated to predictions. Ignore that!

SouthParkMojado

Does any 4a teams have news about their season or do they have their schedules made?

Basketball13

Subi starts March 3 I believe with a conference game against Danville.. <-- I think.

Lionheart88

WHHS schedule, copied from the school website:
Date   Opponent   Game Time   Location   
Mon, Mar 3, 14   Home vs Lake Village   4:00 pm   White Hall   
Tue, Mar 4, 14   Home vs L. R. Mills   5:00 pm   White Hall   
Thu, Mar 6, 14   Away vs Sheridan Tournament   TBA   Sheridan   
Sat, Mar 8, 14   Away vs Sheridan Tournament   TBA   Sheridan   
Tue, Mar 11, 14   Home vs Warren   5:00 pm   White Hall   
Thu, Mar 13, 14   Away vs Monticello   5:30 pm   Monticello   
Mon, Mar 17, 14   Away vs Greenbrier   5:00 pm   Greenbrier   
Tue, Mar 18, 14   Away vs DeQueen   5:00 pm   DeQueen   
Tue, Apr 1, 14   Away vs H. S. Lakeside   5:00 pm   Hot Springs   
Tue, Apr 8, 14   Home vs Hot Springs   5:00 pm   White Hall   
Fri, Apr 11, 14   Away vs Hope   5:00 pm   Hope   
Tue, Apr 15, 14   Away vs Hot Springs   5:00 pm   Hot Springs   
Thu, Apr 17, 14   Away vs Malvern   7:00 pm   Malvern   
Sat, Apr 26, 14   Home vs DeQueen   2:00 pm   White Hall   
Fri, May 2, 14    Home vs H. S. Lakeside   5:00 pm   White Hall   
Thu, May 8, 14   Home vs Hope   5:00 pm   White Hall   
Mon, May 12, 14   Away vs State Tournament   TBA   Harrison   

I believe there's also a 03/07 game in the Sheridan tournament.  State tourney date is wrong, not sure what's up with that.  I believe one or two of the nonconference games are boys or girls only, but most should be doubleheaders.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas