• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Current coaching openings in Arkansas High School Soccer (boys and girls)

Started by sevenof400, June 11, 2013, 05:32:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Thought it might be interesting to see what job openings are currently out there since we are in a slow period for a bit...

Boys
Conway Matt Page from Greenbrier new coach
Subiaco
Bryant
Greenbrier

Girls
Vilonia Michael Riba
Greenbrier

I'll keep looking around to see what I can find but if you know of any openings, please list them here.

Hornet-Hawg

User870

I'm not sure if they have hired for these positions, but Jonesboro, Paragould, Batesville, and Wynne all were rumored to have openings for the girls teams.

PressBox-81

Quote from: Hornet-Hawg on June 11, 2013, 10:03:59 pm
The boys' coach from Bryant moved into administration.

So the coach also gave up his football coaching duties as well?

Hornet-Hawg

PressBox-81

Quote from: Sir Alex on June 13, 2013, 11:37:36 am
What happen to Coach Irons?

Not real sure Sir Alex.

He gave no hint the other day when we were closing out the books for this last season.

The job opening is asking for a secondary Social Studies as well as Soccer head coach.

sevenof400

While WC is much more in the know than I am with respect to Conway soccer, I do recall Coach Irons previously expressing a desire to retire after all of his kids had moved through the Conway program.  That has been some time ago - even before Conway's title and runner up years.

I think Irons took a look at the potential of the teams coming in (after all of his kids were graduated) and changed his mind.  (I'm not saying this was/is the only reason, but it surely was a significant one...) 

Now that a few more years have elapsed, I suspect Irons is probably looking at spending some time elsewhere (in other pursuits - with kids, grandkids, etc). 

Given the current state of things in the 7A, I don't see Conway having enough talent in the next couple of years to be a legitimate title threat so from the standpoint of now is a good time to leave as coach, perhaps he thought the time was right. 

fanofsiloam

I got word in private that the Conway position has been filled...is this public knowledge yet?

soccer fan

sevenof400

It appears Greenbrier has an opening for a soccer coach but no word on whether this is the boys or girls position....although I suspect it is the boys position.

PressBox-81

Sir Alex

sevenof400

soccer fan

Basketball13

sevenof400

Basketball13

onewildrice

Jeremy Davis will be coaching both the Boys and Girls soccer teams for Southside High School. He previously just coached the Girls team. He will be assisted by Rusty Walker and Moody Ihmeidan.

MDXPHD

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas