• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Playoff predictions?

Started by chaoslord, May 09, 2014, 01:21:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chaoslord

NCAA Tournament has bracket predictions, right? Well, why not HS Soccer in Arkansas? In looking for a place to do that, I stumbled upon Challonge, and went ahead and cranked one out.

http://challonge.com/5ABoys

I know that the bracket isn't final yet, but I can reset it and modify it once things are in stone. The thing I wanted to note, though, is that this site will let people sign up and make prediction brackets and keep score just like the big dance. I have the brackets in place for all 8 groups if the interest is here. Maybe we could do a little contest and I could throw a $5 gift card to the winner of each bracket and the person who scores the highest score across all the brackets or something. I dunno. Just something I thought of to kill some time and give us a little more to discuss as the season comes to an end.

Basketball13

Quote from: chaoslord on May 09, 2014, 01:21:59 pm
NCAA Tournament has bracket predictions, right? Well, why not HS Soccer in Arkansas? In looking for a place to do that, I stumbled upon Challonge, and went ahead and cranked one out.

http://challonge.com/5ABoys

I know that the bracket isn't final yet, but I can reset it and modify it once things are in stone. The thing I wanted to note, though, is that this site will let people sign up and make prediction brackets and keep score just like the big dance. I have the brackets in place for all 8 groups if the interest is here. Maybe we could do a little contest and I could throw a $5 gift card to the winner of each bracket and the person who scores the highest score across all the brackets or something. I dunno. Just something I thought of to kill some time and give us a little more to discuss as the season comes to an end.

Anyway we could do all conferences?

chaoslord

Yeah, there is one for each of the conferences (so like, http://challonge.com/7ABoys for instance, though it is incomplete and was just me testing things for now). I'll look around some more to see if there is a website that we could have like, all of the conferences together on one page.

Basketball13

Quote from: chaoslord on May 09, 2014, 02:06:03 pm
Yeah, there is one for each of the conferences (so like, http://challonge.com/7ABoys for instance, though it is incomplete and was just me testing things for now). I'll look around some more to see if there is a website that we could have like, all of the conferences together on one page.

Sounds awesome!

chaoslord

So most of the brackets are open. There were two predictions on the 5A Boys bracket that I had to reset, so please make those again! . I had PA and LRCA flip/flopped, which might change things. Sorry for the inconvenience.

4A Girls
4A Boys
5A Girls
5A Boys
6A Girls
6A Boys
7A Girls

7A Boys is still pending the Bentonville Har-ber game, to be played tonight.

Go Postal

May 13, 2014, 11:08:10 pm #5 Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:15:32 pm by Go Postal
I like this.  But having trouble getting a user name as Go Postal or that in lower case.  hmm...

chaoslord

A reminder that if you had your 5A Boys predictions in super early (as in, before my last post), double check to make sure that they are still around. I had to reset the bracket to change a couple of seeding issues and that possibly deleted your bracket. This only affected 2 people and was only for 5A Boys, so yeah, double check!

Kind of the same with 7A Boys. I only had it shown earlier as a proof of concept with 4 teams. There were two predicitions in on that, and I've had to reset the bracket now that it is full

Last bracket is live!

7A Boys

Good luck to everyone in this prediction game!

chaoslord

Thought I'd pop in with quick updates after day 1!

5A Girls: MDXPHD has the only perfect bracket here left, nailing all 8 first round games. Four others had 7/8, with the one being missed in all four being the upset overtime victory of Morrilton over Nettleton.

5A Boys: Just1Coach was the only one to go the distance in the first round, here. Once again, four others werer right on the doorstep with 7/8. For three of those, the HS Lakeside victory over Pulaski Academy was the difference. The final bracket in the 7/8 crowd got that one right but had Huntsville over Nettleton.

6A Girls: Six people signed up for this one. Two perfects (jtnokomis and TheCoach1), three people got 3/4, and I am bringing up the rear with 2/4.

6A Boys: No perfects here, although there were 9 who got 7 out of 8. The other three of us in that group got 6/8, so it's a pretty close one! Eight of the nine peopl who just missed out on perfection were felled by Mountain Home's victory over Siloam Springs on PKs. The ninth and final of the near perfects had their bracket lose with Russellville's rout of LR Fair.

7A Girls: Two perfects with BigChief65 and Elpistolero.  Not much else to add here.

7A Boys: Five people (Madrid07, soccerman, BigChief65, Acruz06, Elpistolero) correctly predicted the West's sweep in the first round of the 7A Boys tournament.

With the 4A beginning today and the second round beginning elsewhere, I'm excited to see how many of the 11 currently perfect brackets (+ how many join from 4A) can make it through another day.

Leon

Danville 4 Hamburg 1. Danville controlled all game and pressured forward all the time. Tons on goal shots, now focus for next round tomorrow.

chaoslord

Quick updates on the brackets

4A Girls: Soccerfan01 is perfect through the first round. Four who missed one, three of those had Mena winning.

4A Boys: HU15, Referee13, okdjfka, willardj, and 12th_Man nailed it, perfect 8/8. Two 7/8s, both felled by Green Forest winning.

5A Girls: MDXPHD, TheCoach1, and KCShinn all had perfect second rounds. MDXPHD remains only perfect bracket overall. Might be good enough to go the distance.

5A Boys: This one has been brutal. GenesisGuzman16 got 7/8 in the first round and 3/4 in the second round though, and is our leader at this point.

6A Girls: Also hasn't been very kind. jtnokomis leads.

6A Boys: GavynnK and usmnt are neck and neck, having both gotten 7/8 then 3/4. Should be a close one!

7A Girls: Elpistolero is still perfect.

7A Boys: Madrid07 is perfect.

So there are 9 perfect brackets out there still: 1 4AG, 5 4AB, 1 5AG, 1 7AG, and 1 7AB. Curious to see who can survive the semifinals today (or, in the case of 4A, the quarterfinals)

chaoslord

Finally got around to updating the Challonge brackets. Even after taking the weekend off, I'm still way ahead of AAA in having up to date brackets. They should hire me to keep up with those  ;D

Predictions status updates!

4A girls: Soccerfan01 still perfect after 12/15 games played. Well done! TheCoach1 and Mijally are close behind.

4A boys: There were five perfect brackets and they all got ripped to shreds by the quarterfinals. None of the five got more than 2 of the four matches in this round correct. HU15, okdjfka, and willardj are tied at this stage.

5A Girls: MDXPHD is perfect going into the final and has Harrison winning the whle thing. TheCoach1 and KCShinn are right on his tail, though, having only missed one game in the opening round. The problem? They all have Harrison wining, too. That means MDXPHD...hmmm...actually, I think Sevenof400, who has PA winning the whole thing, might just pip MDXPHD for the title if PA defeats Harrison. Its gonna be close!!!

5A Boys: GenesisGuzman16 can't be caught now. The only person who could catch them, Just1Coach, has the same winner of the final chosen. Congratulations, GG16!

6A Girls: jtnokomis has won this one. Congratulations!

6A Boys: Bulldogs2014 has pulled ahead and can't be caught. Although Usmnt will finish with one more correct pick, Bulldogs2014 will finish with one more point. Congrats to the two of them. If Greenwood fails to win, GavynnK will be tied for second.

7A Girls: I've pulled into the lead here. If Bryant wins, though, I think 7aboyfan will take this section.

7A Boys: TheCoach1 is in the lead and has Bentonville, with no one having Har-ber. However, they are tied with Sevenof400. If Har-ber wins, it will be a tie.

Two perfect brackets left. Good luck!

chaoslord

Little late on this, but here are the final results. Some of them were already known before the championship game, but for a nice, final, all in one post summary...

4A Girls: Soccerfan01 ran the table, getting all 15 picks correct. Well done. Bulldgos2014 finishes in seoncd with 11/15 for 23 points, and Mijally was third with 20 points, having also gotten 11/15 right.

4A Boys: A tie between HU15 and okdjfka, who both had 24 points on 12/15 correct. I finished in 3rd on 13 points, having gotten 8/15 correct.

5A Girls: MDXPHD was a perfect 15/15. Tied for second were TheCoach1 and KCShinn, who were 14/15. This was the most competitive bracket in the predictor and also the most successful, with an average of 25.18 points per person. Either the 5A Girls are really predictable or we are all really good  ;D

5A Boys: GenesisGuzman16 took this one, 29 points on 13/15. Just1Coach came in second on 24 points, c3crows rounded out the top three with 20.

6A Girls: jtnokomis won, getting 14 points on 8/11. Bulldogs2014 was second with 13, TheCoach1 third with 12.

6A Boys: Bulldodgs2014 won this on 18 points. Usmnt and GavynnK tied for second with 17 points.

7A Girls: I actually won this won, with 25 points. Elpistolero and 7aboyfan tied for second with 16 a piece.

7A Boys: TheCoach1 came in first with 21 points, I came in second with 19, and Sevenof400 took third with 13.

I realized after I started that a few of the brackets didn't have the same number of points (7AG/B, 6AG) after I started collecting things, so my stats aren't quite right, but...hey, close enough.

There were 36 unique accounts who participated, filling out a total of 83 brackets.
Three people filled out brackets for all 8 divisions. Of those, TheCoach1 was the most successful, averaging 9 correct picks per bracket for 16 points.
TheCoach1 actually had the highest average for people who filled out more than 2 brackets with his average of 16 points. At two, Just1Coach averaged 26.50 points, and then soccerfan1 only filled out one bracket that I saw, which was a perfect 32-er.

Thanks for participating everyone! I mentioned the possibility of giving out little gift cards before hand and I'm still absolutely willing to do that. It will have to wait until after Regionals before I am able to send anything out, but if you were one of the 8 division winners that wasn't me and you are interested in receiving a little $5 (maybe 10, I dunno) gift card or something worth around that amount, shoot me a PM, we can figure out the details then.

See everyone next year!

The Coach

Maybe I do know what Im doing to have the highest average.  Or it was just blind luck!! ;D

Thanks for doing that Chaos I enjoyed it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas