• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

National Cancer Survivor's Day

Started by -Painted Fan-, June 03, 2007, 10:23:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

-Painted Fan-

June 03, 2007, 10:23:47 am Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 10:25:27 am by -Painted Fan-
The first weekend in June is National Cancer Survivor's Day.  This is the 20th annual celebration of life, founded by Henry Block (H & R Block), who is a cancer survivor.  I am a 12 year survivor of colon cancer, and not a day goes by that I don't thank God for giving me another chance at life.   March 2, 1995, a tumor was discovered in my colon.  I had survery, and went through 13 months of chemo (not fun!).  And today, I'm doing great.  No signs or symptoms.  Thank you God!
  The celebration in Fort Smith was held yesterday.  My oldest daughter, Jessica, has sang our National Anthem and one other song for the past several years.  This year, she chose the Celine Dion song "Because You Loved Me", dedicated to survivor's families and friends who have helped them through the fight.  In years past she has sang the Josh Grobin tune "You Raise Me Up", and the Charlotte Church song "All Love Can Be" from the movie "A Beautiful Mind".  As a proud father, I'm not ashamed to say that I was moved to tears.
   To all cancer survivors on here, I say well done.  Continue your fight.
                                                        I love you all,
                                                        -Painted Fan-
"Don't give up.  Don't ever give up."  -Jim Valvano

Papa Billie™

Congratulations, I am thankul that you made it.  I have had members of my family that did not.  You are indeed a fortunate person.  My prayers are with you and the many others that are going through this ordeal....SS

ljmom

Congrats! 

Cancer survivors that are on my mind today are; My Dad, lung cancer, four years; My Uncle, multiple myeloma, 15 years; and My Mother in law, breast cancer, 1 year, she's still fighting her battle, so remember her in your prayers. 

Father Guido

My wife is a 12 year survivor of Breast Cancer.  They originally gave her less than a 30% chance of survival.  They were almost right a couple of times, but it was the cancer that almost did her in, it was the treatment.

The_Preacher

I am a one year survivor, but have some issues; that will be looked into  starting tomorrow. So keep the ole Preach on your prayer list

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas