• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Huckabee To Be On The Daily Show

Started by -Painted Fan-, January 10, 2007, 01:39:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Painted Fan-

Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee will be the guest tonight on The Daily Show With Jon Stewart.  It airs on Comedy Central, so there's sure to be Arkansas lambasting galore.  One byline on the commercial says "He's lost 100 pounds, and they don't call him Bubba.  But do we really want another Arkansan in the White House?"
   Nothing like being the red-headed stepchild of the United States.

RisonRacingFan

That show is ran by a bunch of tools anyways...

buffalofan5

Oh, RT, now it's on(kidding).

I love the Daily Show and The Colbert Report..I try to catch them every night. I've got this one in particular set to record ;)

Father Guido

I'm sure Huckabee will represent our state well....  or he could just be himself.

Uncle Ivan

Stewart and Colbert are turds.  I wouldn't expect much out of that show.

buffalofan5

Quote from: President Ivan on January 10, 2007, 04:27:51 pm
Stewart and Colbert are turds.  I wouldn't expect much out of that show.
It's two different shows..

And I'm sure you're thinking Colbert is a democrat, too..I'll just go ahead and tell you that's false.

Uncle Ivan

I'm aware of that it's two different shows, but it wasn't that long ago that Colbert was on the DS.

I didn't care for him before he showed his rear at the coorespondents' dinner last year.

Scorpius

I hope Jon Stewart ridicules and embarrasses Huckabee. Im not a big fan of our Governor.

buffalofan5

Quote from: President Ivan on January 10, 2007, 04:36:19 pm
I'm aware of that it's two different shows, but it wasn't that long ago that Colbert was on the DS.

I didn't care for him before he showed his butt at the coorespondents' dinner last year.
Yeah, Yeah.."let's ask a comedian to come to the dinner and take everything he says seriously".

Have you ever even seen either the Daily Show or the Colbert Report?

buffalofan5

Quote from: Dawg Pound '07 on January 10, 2007, 04:38:32 pm
I hope Jon Stewart ridicules and embarrasses Huckabee. Im not a big fan of our Governor.
Sad thing is, it's in representation of our state.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: buffalofan5 on January 10, 2007, 04:38:42 pm

Yeah, Yeah.."let's ask a comedian to come to the dinner and take everything he says seriously".

I just stated that Colbert used to be on the Daily Show.  I wouldn't know that if I hadn't watched it from time to time.

There's a difference between doing a comedic routine and doing a partisan slamming of a man to his face.  Colbert crossed the line with that.  Not to mention, he bombed.

buffalofan5

Quote from: President Ivan on January 10, 2007, 04:42:19 pm
Quote from: buffalofan5 on January 10, 2007, 04:38:42 pm

I just stated that Colbert used to be on the Daily Show.  I wouldn't know that if I hadn't watched it from time to time.

There's a difference between doing a comedic routine and doing a partisan slamming of a man to his face.  Colbert crossed the line with that.  Not to mention, he bombed.

I don't think bombing at the correspondant's dinner is much of a slam on your comedic ability.

RisonRacingFan

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: buffalofan5 on January 10, 2007, 04:44:39 pmI don't think bombing at the correspondant's dinner is much of a slam on your comedic ability.

It most definitely is.  It also speaks of the comic's judgement.

buffalofan5

Quote from: Rison Tradition on January 10, 2007, 04:48:38 pm
Id rather watch O'Reilly.
Oh, see..now I KNOW you havn't seen the colbert report because it was actually modeled after the O'Reilly factor. When Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart gave the idea to Comedy Central they said "It's our version of the Colbert Report" (from wikipedia.com). the Colbert Report is chalked full metaphor's to the O'Reilly Factor. He even modeled a key part of his show("the word") after something O'Reilly dose.

buffalofan5

Quote from: President Ivan on January 10, 2007, 04:51:24 pm
Quote from: buffalofan5 on January 10, 2007, 04:44:39 pmI don't think bombing at the correspondant's dinner is much of a slam on your comedic ability.

It most definitely is.  It also speaks of the comic's judgement.

Oh yeah, we KNOW Colbert is hurting from that dinner..

Scorpius

Quote from: buffalofan5 on January 10, 2007, 04:39:20 pm
I know and
Quote from: buffalofan5 on January 10, 2007, 04:39:20 pm
I know we were just getting over the whole Clinton thing too, and now Huckabee has to come and mess things up again. what in the world.

RisonRacingFan

Quote from: buffalofan5 on January 10, 2007, 04:54:04 pm
Oh, see..now I KNOW you havn't seen the colbert report because it was actually modeled after the O'Reilly factor. When Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart gave the idea to Comedy Central they said "It's our version of the Colbert Report" (from wikipedia.com). the Colbert Report is chalked full metaphor's to the O'Reilly Factor. He even modeled a key part of his show("the word") after something O'Reilly dose.

I could care less to see it...it is on Comedy Central for a reason..they are going to attempt to make jokes out of everything..and to someone who is a ex soldier who has fought in this war...it is no joke...I dont even like comedians talking about it...people can say "I support the Troops but Oppose the War" all they want..Reality is if you supported the Troops..you would support what we/they do.

I fought this war so perhaps one day my son will not have to.We was attacked on 9-11..they brought the fight to us.Now I will agree that the Afghanistan mission was flawed and the job there is not finished...I will agree that perhaps we went into Iraq for other reason's because of WMD's...but I will say this..we are fighting this war on another front..and Id much rather fight it there than here on US soil...and they will attack US soil again..and soon.

People are griping because of the protective measures being put in place in airports.People are griping about phone conversations being listened in on.People are griping about this..people are griping about that..yet they are the same ones who were griping because these same measures being put in place now were not in place before 9-11.

You got to give some to get some..and most of all..FREEDOM IS NOT FREE.

RGP

Hey now, I love Bill O'Reilly...watch it every night and download his podcasts...love it how he always interrupts people when they are talking...Him and Glenn Beck are great but don't achieve the saint status of Ronald Reagon

[el_CaC]

You people the bash the Daily Show because all they do is put politics and world news into a humorous tone, probably haven't seen the show. Jon Stewart always has a rather intellectual interview with his guests and throws in a little humor. Huckabee presented himself very well and even managed to make a joke or two.

RGP

Only in Arkansas would you see people hyping up a home-politican's appearance on a comedy show...

buffalofan5

Quote from: RunningGamePower on January 10, 2007, 10:37:41 pm
Only in Arkansas would you see people hyping up a home-politican's appearance on a comedy show...
Most of us are hyped to see him bomb, at that :D.

HA_Fan

Colbert is hilarious and basically a parody of O'Reilly.

Whether you like his politics or not, he's funny.

buffalofan5

Quote from: HA_Fan™ on January 10, 2007, 10:56:57 pm
Colbert is hilarious and basically a parody of O'Reilly.

Whether you like his politics or not, he's funny.
I've never seen somone with such a knack for making people put their foot in their mouth.

AB™

I don't care what people think of Colbert.  I happen to think he is hysterical.

Scorpius

I was surprised but Huckabee was actually pretty good and represented Arkansas well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas