• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remembering Those We Lost In 2006

Started by -Painted Fan-, December 31, 2006, 06:57:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Painted Fan-

December 31, 2006, 06:57:27 pm Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 07:13:52 pm by -Painted Fan-
Aaron Spelling (6/23) TV Producer, famous for such shows as "Charlie's Angels"   stroke
Chris Penn (1/24) Actor, younger brother of Sean Penn   enlarged heart and mix of multiple meds
Cory Lidle (10/11) NY Yankees pitcher   died in plane crash
Dana Reeve (3/6) widow of Christopher Reeve  lung cancer
Don Knotts (2/24) Beloved "Barney Fife" on Andy Griffith Show    pulmonary & respiratory complications
Ed Bradley (11/9) "60 Minutes" correspondent       leukemia
Gerald Levert (11/10) singer of hits "I Swear" and "I'd Give Anything"   heart attack
Glenn Ford (8/30) famed director of over 100 films        complications from multiple strokes
Jack Palance (11/10) actor (City Slickers)           natural causes
Kirby Puckett (3/6) Hall Of Fame baseball player         stroke
Lou Rawls (1/6) singer (You're Gonna Miss My Lovin')     lung & brain cancer
Maureen Stapleton (3/13) actress (The Money Pit & Cocoon)  chronic pulmonary disease
Peter Benchley (2/11) famed author (Jaws)  idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
Red Buttons (7/13) actor, won Oscar in '58 for "Sayonara"    vascular disease
Steve Irwin (9/4) "The Crocodile Hunter"  attack from a stingray while filming a documentary
Peter Boyle (12/12) actor, played Frank Barone on "Everybody Loves Raymond"   multiple myeloma & heart disease
Robert Altman (11/20) famous director (M*A*S*H)   complications from cancer
Shelley Winters (1/14) actress, 2 time Oscar winner        natural causes
Coretta Scott King (1/30) widow of Dr. Martin Luther King    respiratory pneumonia
Bruno Kirby (8/14) actor (When Harry Met Sally)     leukemia
Red Auerbach (10/28) Famed NBA Coach (Boston Celtics)     heart attack
Joseph Barbera (12/18) half of cartoon team Hanna/Barbera (Tom & Jerry, Scooby Doo, The Flintstones, Yogi Bear)        natural causes
James Brown (12/25) "The Godfather Of Soul"            pneumonia
Gerald R. Ford (12/26) first unelected President Of The United States (38th), famous for pardoning Nixon                   natural causes
Paul Eels (8/1) Voice Of The Arkansas Razorbacks ("Touchdown Arkansas!  Holy Cow!)   car accident
Glenn Edward "Bo" Schembechler (11/17) Former coach of Michigan Wolverines         heart failure

And now, to add some "Heroes" from the home front.

Yolanda Maul (7/20) mother of Charleston senior Andy Maul       breast cancer

Please feel free to add some of your own.
To these we've lost: We miss you.  R.I.P.

RisonRacingFan

EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN SOLDIER WHO DIED IN BATTLE FOR OUR FREEDOM

rabs_fan4life

Can't help but wonder how on earth although only legendary to us here in Hog nation that you left out Paul Elles.  One of the hardest losses for many of us this year.  RIP Paul...we'll never forget you!

Ozark Fan

Bo Schellemberger...I Don't Know If I Sapelled the name right but he was the beloved coach of the Michigan Wolverines for a long time...I'm not sure of the birth date though...but he was a good man, coach, friend, mentor...to all who kenw him...R.I.P. Bo

-Painted Fan-

I can't believe I left these off the list, but I got it from my brother-in-law, and they weren't on it.  Please pardon my faux pas.

mudslog

C_A_Morris

July 16
Win Rockefeller

December 3
Andrew Brady (Kijex)

jackfan1™

Quote from: C_A_Morris on January 02, 2007, 03:51:49 pm
July 16
Win Rockefeller

That one still makes me so sad.  :-\
Win was a really nice guy. My last visit with him was such a good one at the Pink Tomato Festival before I moved. He always made sure I saved him a spot in the tomato eating contest. I am wishing I had "fixed" his bag so he could have beat the Guv at least once. 
Some of the last pictures I have of him was with my daughter and one of us together. He was such an unpretentious guy and was a true joy to know.
Just sad......

Scorpius

stina_ar

Nickie Goodlett
My great-gradma, Henry Juanita
My beloved friends and family members who have died for my freedom this year.

CoachH.

A man by the name of Curtis Whitehead. He was truly a great man in my church and will be missed by a lot of people.

billsweeter

Peter Norman-64

The third man in one of the most famous photos in sports(U.S. sprinters Tommie Smith and John Carlos's raising their gloved fist on the 200-meter medal stand in the 1968 Mexico City Olympics)played a key role in its origin. Carlos had forgotten his gloves; Norman, an Australian who won silver, suggested Smith wear one of his. Norman supported there Black power statement by wearing a badge during the medal ceremony and the three men remained close. Carlos and Smith traveled to Australia to serve as pall bearers at Norman funeral

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c8/Carlos-Smith.jpg

GameOn

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on December 31, 2006, 06:57:27 pm
Aaron Spelling (6/23) TV Producer, famous for such shows as "Charlie's Angels"   stroke
Chris Penn (1/24) Actor, younger brother of Sean Penn   enlarged heart and mix of multiple meds
Cory Lidle (10/11) NY Yankees pitcher   died in plane crash
Dana Reeve (3/6) widow of Christopher Reeve  lung cancer
Don Knotts (2/24) Beloved "Barney Fife" on Andy Griffith Show    pulmonary & respiratory complications
Ed Bradley (11/9) "60 Minutes" correspondent       leukemia
Gerald Levert (11/10) singer of hits "I Swear" and "I'd Give Anything"   heart attack
Glenn Ford (8/30) famed director of over 100 films        complications from multiple strokes
Jack Palance (11/10) actor (City Slickers)           natural causes
Kirby Puckett (3/6) Hall Of Fame baseball player         stroke
Lou Rawls (1/6) singer (You're Gonna Miss My Lovin')     lung & brain cancer
Maureen Stapleton (3/13) actress (The Money Pit & Cocoon)  chronic pulmonary disease
Peter Benchley (2/11) famed author (Jaws)  idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
Red Buttons (7/13) actor, won Oscar in '58 for "Sayonara"    vascular disease
Steve Irwin (9/4) "The Crocodile Hunter"  attack from a stingray while filming a documentary
Peter Boyle (12/12) actor, played Frank Barone on "Everybody Loves Raymond"   multiple myeloma & heart disease
Robert Altman (11/20) famous director (M*A*S*H)   complications from cancer
Shelley Winters (1/14) actress, 2 time Oscar winner        natural causes
Coretta Scott King (1/30) widow of Dr. Martin Luther King    respiratory pneumonia
Bruno Kirby (8/14) actor (When Harry Met Sally)     leukemia
Red Auerbach (10/28) Famed NBA Coach (Boston Celtics)     heart attack
Joseph Barbera (12/18) half of cartoon team Hanna/Barbera (Tom & Jerry, Scooby Doo, The Flintstones, Yogi Bear)        natural causes
James Brown (12/25) "The Godfather Of Soul"            pneumonia
Gerald R. Ford (12/26) first unelected President Of The United States (38th), famous for pardoning Nixon                   natural causes
Paul Eels (8/1) Voice Of The Arkansas Razorbacks ("Touchdown Arkansas!  Holy Cow!)   car accident
Glenn Edward "Bo" Schembechler (11/17) Former coach of Michigan Wolverines         heart failure

And now, to add some "Heroes" from the home front.

Yolanda Maul (7/20) mother of Charleston senior Andy Maul       breast cancer

Please feel free to add some of your own.
To these we've lost: We miss you.  R.I.P.

Don't forget the woman that died in the accident that killed Paul Eels.  Her name was B.J. Burton and she may not have been as famous as he was but she was well known in her own right.  She was loved by all who met her and she left behind a husband and family that still grieves.  Thanks

Billy Bob

Mike Gibbons- Former Ozark High School counselor.

Ricky Hardin- Ozark High School class of 06' graduate who was tragically killed in an oil rig accident.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas