• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heber Springs vacancy?

Started by SouthpawSensation, June 11, 2019, 07:01:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthpawSensation

Job opening for the Panthers' head football coaching job is now on the AAA bulletin board ... the position was listed Monday.

friscokid

Nothing in the Heber newspaper or from anyone on social media who would know. Can you post a link to the AAA jobs board?

Sports Guru

Quote from: friscokid on June 12, 2019, 12:13:18 am
Nothing in the Heber newspaper or from anyone on social media who would know. Can you post a link to the AAA jobs board?

http://www.ahsaa.org/board. In the category box just search athletic-coaching jobs

Trojanbird

What happened to your coach?

Panther4life

Not really sure what happened to our coach. We wish him the best of luck wherever he goes. Football season should ne interesting to say the least.

Gray lizard

Strange time of the year for a football coaching change I would think.

friscokid

Quote from: Gray lizard on June 12, 2019, 12:41:11 pm
Strange time of the year for a football coaching change I would think.
Horrible timing for sure. Heber will probably have to promote from within. Is Cresswell still there? Old guy who's paid his dues.

HeberFan

Not sure how Heber will proceed. Gowen did an excellent job and has good assistants to carry on the program. Think it's more important how one leaves a program, than, when one leaves it. Lots of Cleburne County support for the guys. All will be well. Lots of conference changes the last few years, and more coming next year, with the addition of Clinton.

From the Press Box @ JTF

what is the latest on the Heber Springs Job were about 40 days until Fall practice begins...always thought Coach Gowen was a really good play caller...

HeberFan

Quote from: From the Press Box @ JTF on June 27, 2019, 12:41:57 pm
what is the latest on the Heber Springs Job were about 40 days until Fall practice begins...always thought Coach Gowen was a really good play caller...

Only thing that doesn't change during Heber summers is focusing on beating Clinton. That's been tough the last few years. Conference will be interesting this fall.

From the Press Box @ JTF

The Battle of the Little Red should be another great game this year between Clinton and Heber Springs..Both teams return outstanding Senior quarterbacks..when these two senior classes played in the 9th grade Heber scored in the 4th qt. to win 6-0..The Panthers went undefeated that year and the Yellowjackets had only that one loss..

mrknowitall

Still no hire out of Heber? Figured they would move on this. I would think the later it gets, the smaller the pool of applicants will be. Some schools aren't going to let people out of contracts in July.

LilFro

They are promoting from within

arkansasFBscoop

Quote from: mrknowitall on July 05, 2019, 09:31:36 am
Still no hire out of Heber? Figured they would move on this. I would think the later it gets, the smaller the pool of applicants will be. Some schools aren't going to let people out of contracts in July.

Crazy drama in Heber Springs School District.  Heard Quitman keeps getting big #s of school choice kids from there year after year, boys and girls.  They need stability at top.  It's not a football problem, district problem.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Seems like the 4a is having a bunch of HC changes this year.

HSFBF

July 07, 2019, 08:50:42 am #15 Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 09:07:35 am by HSFBF
Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on July 07, 2019, 08:33:28 am
Seems like the 4a is having a bunch of HC changes this year.
You got that right!! But, overall, out of about 204 football playing schools, a big 50+ have had a HC change for this coming year! That in itself is a LOT, one out of four!!  :-\  Too much common dissatisfaction going on... Some say too much school board and parent bantering is going on. 25% leaving their current HC job is a sign of the times I guess, but it isn't good for the players and general fan base who pay to get into the games and use concession stands.  ???

LakeRat

Gowan is heading to NW Arkansas... haven't heard if he's staying in coaching. Could be following his predecessor Janski who also left for the great NW. 

Lot of challenges at HSHS administration at the top. I suspect escaping the drama and soap operas could be a top factor in his decision to leave...

friscokid

Still crickets from the Heber media. They're going to take it right up to pads.

C-Town lion 2011

Coach Cox will be the interim head coach for the year. Hopefully the Panthers can still have a decent season.

dirtybird12

Really thought that Heber would descend back into the pit after the Janski bus rolled out of town. Glad to see that the program has remained competitive for the most part. Hopefully this setback does not lead to another long period of lean years.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: dirtybird12 on July 24, 2019, 04:23:58 pm
Really thought that Heber would descend back into the pit after the Janski bus rolled out of town..

Was that the one that ran off the road after hitting a deer?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on July 24, 2019, 06:45:43 pm

Are you joking about a wreck that got kids hurt? Classy.

Panther4life

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on July 24, 2019, 06:45:43 pm
Janski was not the coach at the time of the bus accident.  The coach that just left was and having a child on that bus was hurt pretty bad that coach was and is an amazing man.  He did a fantastic job handling that bus. 

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Panther4life on July 27, 2019, 07:44:44 pm
  Janski was not the coach at the time of the bus accident.  The coach that just left was and having a child on that bus was hurt pretty bad that coach was and is an amazing man.  He did a fantastic job handling that bus. 

Actually I couldn't remember if it was a Heber Springs bus or not.    I remember that I suggested the design of the front end bodies of many travel buses now might've played a factor as they are trimmed down to enable buses to enter and exit roadways and parking lots without dragging the forward bumper.    I suggested that this design feature might've led to the dear damaging the steering.

LakeRat

Quote from: friscokid on July 21, 2019, 06:17:58 pm
Still crickets from the Heber media. They're going to take it right up to pads.

Heber media..?  What media?

HeberFan

Quote from: LakeRat on August 03, 2019, 07:42:56 am
Heber media..?  What media?

Heber has a newspaper and radio station. Both cover games.

Jimbo Morphis

Does it come with a lake house?

HeberFan

Yes, but that's the really expensive option. I suggest taking a floatie to Sandy Beach.....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas