• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marion's final assault on the AAAA board (Merged topics)

Started by Bsktballplyr818, March 04, 2006, 10:21:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RD™

Quote from: Hyuuga™ on March 05, 2006, 06:44:03 pm
I'll be going to ASU with mariontrackstar44 and others to cheer on the ASU Indians,
Cheering for destined losers, must be a bloodline in Marion.

Hyuuga

Ok. That was uh..well..just stupid I guess. Thanks for that.

MikeDiesel™

I was also really cool to finally meet the most popular of the posters on here- Freak- before I graduate.

I do seem to have my own little fan club.  I mean, I walked across the gym floor at Magnolia to put a couple basketballs on the rack and got a cheer from the stands.  Gotta love being a celebrity! 8)

wynneaholic©

Quote from: Mike Diesel a.k.a. Freak on March 05, 2006, 06:59:29 pm
I was also really cool to finally meet the most popular of the posters on here- Freak- before I graduate.

I do seem to have my own little fan club.  I mean, I walked across the gym floor at Magnolia to put a couple basketballs on the rack and got a cheer from the stands.  Gotta love being a celebrity! 8)

they were cheering because you had a sign on your back that said...cheer for me if you think I look like William Hung!!

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: wynneaholic© I like tater tots! on March 05, 2006, 07:01:53 pm
Quote from: Mike Diesel a.k.a. Freak on March 05, 2006, 06:59:29 pm

I do seem to have my own little fan club. I mean, I walked across the gym floor at Magnolia to put a couple basketballs on the rack and got a cheer from the stands. Gotta love being a celebrity! 8)

they were cheering because you had a sign on your back that said...cheer for me if you think I look like William Hung!!

Crap.  I knew there had to be something.

Hyuuga

LoL. Yeah. You definently made yourself known through this forum. Heck, we even chanted your name when you were at some of our games just sitting in the stands, lol. You probably didn't hear most of them though.

trackstar07

its not like this is a popularity contest. i dont care if ppl read this or not. if u dont like this thread dont type on it or read it. theres plenty of others that u can look at and talk smack on..

PatsSportsWriter

Mariontrackstar44 and Hyuuga it has been a good run.  We have all the memories at Tech, getting so loud you couldn't hear there cheerleaders.  Buying flyswatters when we played Wynne.  All the different chants.  Last year getting everyone in Marion on the computers to talk trash.  This year you two were the main trash talkers along with Pimpinpats06.   Its bad that both games had to end like they did.  I'll finish this post with the most crunk chant of them all.  

M-A-R-I-O-N
WHAT?!

Hyuuga

Quote from: trackstar08 on March 05, 2006, 07:08:43 pm
i dont care if ppl read this or not.

LoL. I don't buy that, but okay. This argument can go both ways, so I'm just going to let this stupid thread die.

Hyuuga

LoL. I say we carry some Maniacs to a couple Baseball games and get crunk just to see the reactions.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: Hyuuga™ on March 05, 2006, 07:07:05 pm
LoL. Yeah. You definently made yourself known through this forum. Heck, we even chanted your name when you were at some of our games just sitting in the stands, lol. You probably didn't hear most of them though.

Well, if y'alls student section had any volume to their cheers at all, then I might have been able to hear it.  But, y'all were W-E-A-K, WHAT?! ;)

I will say that the M-A-R-I-O-N WHAT?! Chant seems to be catching on.  I heard some Blytheville people after our game last night say:  "C-H-I-C-K-S WHAT?!"

Uncle Ivan

"M-A-R-I-O-N Waaa!" is what it should be.

Power

The tournament wasn't bad just for the location, but the home court advantage went to the extreme. I mean there was no one at the two other semifinal games...Greenwood was unanimously the best ran tournament I've been to.

RD™

Crunk.

Why do you stupid white boys use that word?

eaglefan06

Man i am really gonna miss u trackstar and hyuuga.... i think i am gonna stick around on this forum... i wish yall would

Headed 2 Alltel

Quote from: MVP_Brian on March 05, 2006, 07:24:42 pm
The tournament wasn't bad just for the location, but the home court advantage went to the extreme. I mean there was no one at the two other semifinal games...Greenwood was unanimously the best ran tournament I've been to.

So Magnolia's extra fan support and other team's lack of fan support (or not lack, but LESS than the Panthers) is the cause for a bad tournament?  You people are killing me...

Headed 2 Alltel

Quote from: eaglefan06 on March 05, 2006, 08:02:42 pm
Man i am really gonna miss u trackstar and hyuuga.... i think i am gonna stick around on this forum... i wish yall would

To bad you're the only one.

Hyuuga

Come now, I haven't been THAT bad, lol.

Hyuuga

Quote from: RD™ on March 05, 2006, 07:29:30 pm
Crunk.

I guess the same reason thousands of other people use it. I dunno, call me crazy. But that might be it.

Hyuuga

Quote from: eaglefan06 on March 05, 2006, 08:02:42 pm

Yeah. I say I won't be back on this forum. But with all the memories of these past 2 years I guess I can't let it go that easily. I'll most likely be on here again next year smack-talking again, lol. But I can't say anything for Marion obviously, so I'll be representing the east! I am curious as to what the teams will be like next year. Blytheville and GCT are supposed to have good teams again next year, so we'll see how it all turns out.

Hyuuga

March 05, 2006, 08:42:25 pm #120 Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 08:46:44 pm by Hyuuga™
Marion isn't going to see a state playoff game for a few years. We have a couple of decent players staying next year, but no one that can compare to the talent of our current seniors. Our middle school and jr. high teams are supposed to be really good for their age, plus Eric Spencer's little brother Joe Spencer is stepping up as a good ball player for his age. So it'll probably be a few years before Marion makes a name for them selves. La-juan (spelling?) "Satellite" Hightower is pretty good and he'll be on the Sr. Varsity team next year. He's probably the best player stepping up to the starters next year for Marion. Also AJ Cheers will be someone to look out for. He's gotten some playtime this year. Even in state. But like I said, unless Coach Clay really works hard with his fresh line-up, I don't see Marion going to state next year.

RD™

Quote from: Hyuuga™ on March 05, 2006, 08:22:45 pm
Quote from: RD™ on March 05, 2006, 07:29:30 pm
Crunk.

I guess the same reason thousands of other people use it. I dunno, call me crazy. But that might be it.
Thousands of idiots? Not people. Idiots.

mysticroamer19

Quote from: RD™ on March 05, 2006, 05:59:00 pm
Quote from: Bsktballplyr818 on March 05, 2006, 05:55:52 pm
Yep, Clay told E to just hand the refs the ball..since they already blew the game
Then Clay is the sorriest coach in the state now if that is true. Yall should be so proud to have him. ::)

sry but I would have dun the same thing. They owned the game anyways...there was no way we could have won, they were not gonna let us! It was decided b4 we got there and that was the way it was gonna be. I was proud of E handin him the ball. Proved a point at least.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: MysticRoamer06 on March 05, 2006, 09:37:22 pm
Quote from: RD™ on March 05, 2006, 05:59:00 pm
Quote from: Bsktballplyr818 on March 05, 2006, 05:55:52 pm
Yep, Clay told E to just hand the refs the ball..since they already blew the game
Then Clay is the sorriest coach in the state now if that is true. Yall should be so proud to have him. ::)

sry but I would have dun the same thing. They owned the game anyways...there was no way we could have won, they were not gonna let us! It was decided b4 we got there and that was the way it was gonna be. I was proud of E handin him the ball. Proved a point at least.

Mystic, they didn't decide anything before that game started.  Y'all came out flat before anything else happened, and y'all didn't have any clue out to get out of that funk.  Use whatever excuses you want to, but Magnolia played a better game than Marion did.

CVILLEfan15

This is Larry "The King" Stepter.

I think Magnolia is one sorry excuse for a school and and a basketball team. I really wish it was something I could to help my boys from Marion out in this one. I might even get together with them all and march down to AAA or even boycott the finals next saturday.

RD™

pantherfan05

I really think that if the game had have been called the same but the teams were switched, Marion wouldn't be saying a thing. They would be defending the refs and saying they won because they are just sooo awesome....

railrumblerU

Trackstar44 it was truly an honor to meet you and the other Maniacs. This too is my senior year, I am glad that Tech and Marion came together at state. Sucks that both our teams was screwed over by Magnolia. Take it easy buddy hit me up any time later.

pingtung

And if Magnolia had been switched with Marion, don't you think they would be doing what Marion is doing now?  I am not justifying it.  I'm just saying that it goes both ways when you speculate what might happen when roles are reversed.  As I stated before, if 1 person goes to the line 40 times in a game and the other team goes 16, it does look odd.  I didn't say it was a conspiracy or the refs were paid.  However, if the rumor is correct that one of the refs was from Magnolia, or lived near there, then that would be a conflict that should be addressed.  Try to look at it both ways, not just one way because it is Marion.  Trust me, I am by no means a Marion fan.  I just sympathize with their fustration.  If it was any other team making this argument, would those of you who are bashing Marion do the same to that team?  Think hard before you blurt out "yes". 

Again, I do not agree that the refs were paid.  I just said it does look odd.

Hyuuga

I know for a fact that if even if the refs did that in Marion's favor, I'd still be on here griping about the refs. If the refs are horrible, then they are horrible, that's all there is to it. Just like the Marion - GCT game @ GCT. We won, but the refs were terrible. And Marion didn't shutup about that one either. We even sent in the tape to AAA so they could do something about the refs that game and wrote a note and everything. If the refs are bad, then someone will complain about them. If the refs in Magnolia put our best shooter at the FT line 40 times which had a HUGE impact on our victory, I'd be embarassed to say we won. I want games to be fair and square. It's not true basketball to freaking cheat. If something is done about that ref, it would make me happy and I would stop talking about it. Because obviously Marion and Magnolia can't play another game with new refs, but at least we could get AAA to agree with us and make sure this doesn't happen again. I would be just as happy with that solution. I don't care who you are or what you think,  that WAS terrible reffing. The worst officiated game in that entire tournament.

hogcrazy88

Quote from: Shell-shocked on March 05, 2006, 05:48:35 pm
No i didnt, fouling was a part of Marions game thought. They had alot against Huntsville too, i guess the refs were really hammering ya'll in the Magnolia game, and im sure your team really committed them to.

Yes we did commit most of the fould but alot of the fouls they called on us were late or from a ref half court away.... and its not the fact that they were calling fouls on us that we are making a point of its that they didnt call them on magnolia... such as when Zacharia took a hand to the face or all the pushing off that night.. by the way 90% of that was from who??????? BOZEMAN!!! and they didnt call hardly any on him the whole game....

viloniafan08

I think Marion got cheated they cheated vilonia on a few calls too but not as much.

viloniafan08

Magnolia will louse to blytheville yea.

viloniafan08

Hyuuga

Yeah. I remember seeing Gamble take a hand to the face and Mag's player pushing off,  but nothing was called. That was one of the most memorable "missed" calls from the refs. And also when they called a kick ball on Eric...

viloniafan08

Marion's year is over they have nooo chance next year.

Hyuuga

Fight who? You? Sure, why not. Heck, Landon Craft will fight you!

Hyuuga

Quote from: viloniafan08 on March 06, 2006, 08:50:00 am
Marion's year is over

Thanks for stating the obvious moron.  Everyone already presumes that Marion's team next year won't be able to stand up to the 04-05 and 05-06 standards.

Captain_Caveman

Does everyone know that state tournament officials are assigned by the AAA and not the host site.  They are also paid that way.  I was just wondering because it sounds like some of you guys think that Magnolia has a say so in who the refs are.

Jonnie Lee

We ain't worried bout it. We will just have to adjust to the conference but we'll see another playoff trip. Holla Back. TIN CUP!!!!!!!!!

viloniafan08

Marion lost theres nothing to it. The refs might have been off on a few calls but it was not significant.

Hyuuga

I know that Magnolia doesn't have a say in who the refs are. That doesn't at all mean that the refs won't favor one side. Maybe their son got beat up by someone from Marion a few years ago. Or maybe they got beat up by a Marion jock when they were in high school and they are just holding a grudge, lol. There's an infinite amount of things that could make a ref favor one team.

I'M NOT MAKING THIS UP-I HONESTLY HEARD THIS SOMEWHERE, NOT SURE IF IT'S TRUE, JUST SAYING WHAT I HEARD!!!!

but...I heard that the African-American ref was Solomon's (from magnolia) uncle....

AGAIN!! Don't bash ME for this. This is just simply a rumor going around that I would like to see corrected.

Hyuuga

Congratulations. You aren't 100% retarded. At least you know SOMETHING about basketball.

Hyuuga

If shooting 38 free throws isn't significant when for the past 2 years Marion has NEVER had that many fouls called on them, then I can out-shoot Micheal Jordan.

timmy321

timmy321

Hyuuga

timmy321

thanks  ;D...oh and ur not gay...right???!??!??!?!??!?!?!??!?!

b-ballplaya

i agree, the state was at Magnolia so who do ya think they are goin to call for?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas