• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Signing Day 2019

Started by Mulerider4Life, February 07, 2019, 11:39:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulerider4Life

Teams from Arkansas looks like they loaded up on in state talent. Any thoughts on your school?

The_Pioneer

Tech is superior to the rest of them in every way. 

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: The_Pioneer on February 09, 2019, 08:59:35 pm

Recent years haven't shown that yet.

The_Pioneer

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: The_Pioneer on February 12, 2019, 04:19:51 am
Just on principle.

What principle? Arkansas Tech has had disappointing Athletics for a school there size. They should be in D1 FCS for Football, but have struggle in D2 ever since joining the GAC.

The_Pioneer

Struggle is an exaggeration.  Tech did very well in the GSC making the playoffs several times.  And let's be clear, Tech joined the GAC at the same time the rest of the Arkansas schools did.  And have been in D2 for several decades.  UAM, they've struggled. 

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: The_Pioneer on February 12, 2019, 05:16:36 pm
Struggle is an exaggeration.  Tech did very well in the GSC making the playoffs several times.  And let's be clear, Tech joined the GAC at the same time the rest of the Arkansas schools did.  And have been in D2 for several decades.  UAM, they've struggled.

Well maybe more of a slump, but the budget for Tech is also much larger for athletics than most of the Arkansas GAC schools. They have so many tools to recruit with.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on February 13, 2019, 07:40:18 am
Well maybe more of a slump, but the budget for Tech is also much larger for athletics than most of the Arkansas GAC schools. They have so many tools to recruit with.

Thus, my original statement:

Its tongue in cheek.

phdefense

May 19, 2019, 05:17:18 pm #8 Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 05:27:09 pm by phdefense
Quote from: The_Pioneer on February 12, 2019, 05:16:36 pm
One small point of order. Tech didn't join the GAC. Tech formed the GAC, which is headquartered in Russellville Arkansas. As far as Tech struggling goes I guess people do not realize that Tech is allowed the same number of scholarships as every other D2 school, it's not like high school where you get your players from the student body. So Tech enrollment numbers do not give them any advantage beyond possibly bigger student section and a better game-day tailgate experience.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: phdefense on May 19, 2019, 05:17:18 pm
One small point of order. Tech didn't join the GAC. Tech formed the GAC, which is headquartered in Russellville Arkansas. As far as Tech struggling goes I guess people do not realize that Tech is allowed the same number of scholarships as every other D2 school, it's not like high school where you get your players from the student body. So Tech enrollment numbers do not give them any advantage beyond possibly bigger student section and a better game-day tailgate experience.

It should equate to more dollars to recruit with via student athletic fees. Also please link the article where Tech formed the GAC. I would love to see it.

phdefense

May 21, 2019, 03:32:59 pm #10 Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 03:37:29 pm by phdefense
Quote from: Mulerider4Life on May 20, 2019, 07:54:47 am
It should equate to more dollars to recruit with via student athletic fees. Also please link the article where Tech formed the GAC. I would love to see it.

https://greatamericanconference.com/sports/2011/6/21/GAC.aspx

QuoteMarch, 2010: Conference call takes place among the presidents from the nine eventual charter members.

April, 2010: In-person meeting takes place in Russellville, Ark. with the presidents from the nine eventual charter members.

May, 2010: Further meetings take place with the athletic directors from the eventual nine charter members.

July 13, 2010: The University of Arkansas at Monticello, Arkansas Tech University, East Central University, Harding University, Henderson State University, Ouachita Baptist University, Southeastern Oklahoma State University, Southern Arkansas University and Southwestern Oklahoma State University agree to form a new NCAA Division II athletic conference and schools notify the Gulf South Conference and Lone Star Conference of their intentions to leave those respective leagues.

October 18, 2010: Will Prewitt is named the conference's first commissioner.

November 23, 2010: The league's Council of Presidents selects the Great American Conference as the official name of the organization.

The first official meeting took place in Russellville and the headquarters are in Russellville. Coincidence? I think not ;) If you watched the movie Arrival, Tech is the big domino.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: phdefense on May 21, 2019, 03:32:59 pm

https://greatamericanconference.com/sports/2011/6/21/GAC.aspx

The first official meeting took place in Russellville and the headquarters are in Russellville. Coincidence? I think not ;) If you watched the movie Arrival, Tech is the big domino.

Whatever you want to say. Haha. If you look at it, geographically its more center. I still wouldn't say Tech started the GAC, but I am sure its cheap to have an office there.

bigworm

So if tech did start the GAC, what difference does that make?

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: bigworm on May 22, 2019, 10:43:10 pm
So if tech did start the GAC, what difference does that make?

It doesn't, but just saying they didn't. I think you can speculate all day.

Romeo

I can't pull it up, but from the articles I read, Arkansas Tech's previous president Robert Brown spearheaded the discussion of creating a new conference.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Romeo on May 23, 2019, 12:23:58 pm
I can't pull it up, but from the articles I read, Arkansas Tech's previous president Robert Brown spearheaded the discussion of creating a new conference.

Oh discussion is nice. Someone always starts the discussion, but if I was the first person who said I wanted UALR to have a football team, does that mean I started the football team?

bigworm

They are trying to find something to hang their hat on. Gotta find something to be proud of, i rekon.

phdefense

Quote from: bigworm on May 24, 2019, 07:25:08 pm
They are trying to find something to hang their hat on. Gotta find something to be proud of, i rekon.
Fastest growing university and all-time highest winning% in Arkansas college football not enough? ATU has plenty feathers, nothing wrong with adding to the headdress when you are the chief.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas