• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAC Football 2019

Started by bulldoghistorian, August 13, 2019, 02:13:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldoghistorian

x14113

Heading in the right direction...

ATU 38
SEO 20

phdefense

Quote from: x14113 on November 02, 2019, 07:40:41 pm
Heading in the right direction...

ATU 38
SEO 20
Yep, the game wasn't as close as the score seems. There were still too many unforced mistake by the Wonderboys, especially those bonehead personal fouls.

Maynard G Krebs

SAUs two losses thus far are to Harding & OBU. just goes to prove those religious schools have some super advantage 😀

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 03, 2019, 08:09:57 am
SAUs two losses thus far are to Harding & OBU. just goes to prove those religious schools have some super advantage 😀

As well as some deep pockets. SAU is the most improved Football program since 2012.

bulldoghistorian

x14113

Nickels and dimes in Ada...

ECU 31
ATU 30

Maynard G Krebs

Attended the SAU- HSU game.  Down to the wire. The two interceptions thrown by SAU killed them.  HSU TD with 40 ticks left on clock ended game 38-31. Fun game to watch and probably best college game in the state this weekend

Jack1990

bulldoghistorian

Anyone have an update from Arky? Can't find a radio link.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: Jack1990 on November 16, 2019, 03:24:30 pm
SAU - 31
UAM - 10
HALFTIME
Tough end to the season, was hoping for another bowl birth.

Jack1990

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on November 16, 2019, 03:34:16 pm
Tough end to the season, was hoping for another bowl birth.
It's time for a change in leadership.

athletic supporter

bulldoghistorian

athletic supporter

I just caught the last play on the radio but apparently HSU was up most of the game and OBU drove down the field to score their last TD with very little time remaining.

bulldoghistorian

1st half deficit too much...
SAU 34
UAM 32
Final
UAM finishes 5-6

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: athletic supporter on November 16, 2019, 04:55:19 pm
I just caught the last play on the radio but apparently HSU was up most of the game and OBU drove down the field to score their last TD with very little time remaining.
Wow!

jsky14

Henderson went up 17-14 with 1:44 to go. OBU hit a couple passes, a late hit, and short TD run.

athletic supporter

Quote from: jsky14 on November 16, 2019, 07:20:09 pm
Henderson went up 17-14 with 1:44 to go. OBU hit a couple passes, a late hit, and short TD run.

Not trying to be "that guy" but do you mean they went up 21-17?

x14113

HU 49
ATU 14

Boys finish at 3-8 with plenty to work on.

jsky14

Quote from: athletic supporter on November 16, 2019, 08:41:26 pm
Not trying to be "that guy" but do you mean they went up 21-17?
That sounds good, too.

Grond

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on November 16, 2019, 05:01:35 pm
1st half deficit too much...
SAU 34
UAM 32
Final
UAM finishes 5-6

Early UAM fumbles cost them the game. I am an SAU fan, but if UAM can get a little discipline, they can get that winning record again.

Maynard G Krebs

November 19, 2019, 02:36:17 pm #72 Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 07:07:54 am by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: Grond on November 17, 2019, 09:28:37 pm
Early UAM fumbles cost them the game. I am an SAU fan, but if UAM can get a little discipline, they can get that winning record again.

Agree.  I had to step away from watching the game at halftime when the score was 31-10.  UAM turnovers on their side of the field was costly.  Didn't know until I read Sunday's paper the UAM made a big run.  Sorta glad I did not watch that.

SAU goes 8-3.  Good season.  Sad to see in the paper today that Coach Keopple's older sister passed away.

Maynard G Krebs

SAU headed to the Heritage Bowl to face East New Mexico State.

Jack1990

That was a fun bowl.  See they changed the name of it though.  I was confused for a minute!

bulldoghistorian

Lindenwood, MO 41
OBU 38
NorthWest MO 7
Harding 6

Grond

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 20, 2019, 11:11:48 am
SAU headed to the Heritage Bowl to face East New Mexico State.

Playing in Coriscana, Texas, on Dec. 7. Game starts at noon.

Grond

GAC Bowl Games 2019.....

Live United Bowl (Texarkana, AR)
Henderson State - 14
Missouri Western State - 35

Heritage Bowl (Coriscana, TX)
Southern Arkansas - 13
Eastern New Mexico - 20

Was at the SAU game. Tough loss: SAU was denied two touchdowns due to questionable calls.

1) Pass - SAU WR was pushed, but managed to tip, then catch the ball in the endzone. Happened on the SAU side of the field, facing the SAU stands. No penalty, pass ruled incomplete.  :-[ :-[ :-[

2) Late Run - SAU going for it on 4th & 5 at the 5 yard line, with 2 minutes left. Appeared to stretch ball out, into the endzone. Ref ruled down before crossing goal line.  :'( :'( :'(

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Grond on December 08, 2019, 07:25:22 pm
GAC Bowl Games 2019.....

Live United Bowl (Texarkana, AR)
Henderson State - 14
Missouri Western State - 35

Heritage Bowl (Coriscana, TX)
Southern Arkansas - 13
Eastern New Mexico - 20

Was at the SAU game. Tough loss: SAU was denied two touchdowns due to questionable calls.

1) Pass - SAU WR was pushed, but managed to tip, then catch the ball in the endzone. Happened on the SAU side of the field, facing the SAU stands. No penalty, pass ruled incomplete.  :-[ :-[ :-[

2) Late Run - SAU going for it on 4th & 5 at the 5 yard line, with 2 minutes left. Appeared to stretch ball out, into the endzone. Ref ruled down before crossing goal line.  :'( :'( :'(

Thanks for that post.  The paper did not have much of a write up on these games.

The_Pioneer

Are you surprised?  D2 football gets less coverage than Memphis football in the statewide paper.  And Hootens doesn't do much better.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: The_Pioneer on December 14, 2019, 05:26:15 pm
Are you surprised?  D2 football gets less coverage than Memphis football in the statewide paper.  And Hootens doesn't do much better.

Yep. Pretty sad.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas