• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Outlook

Started by WPWells, December 30, 2016, 11:21:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 08, 2017, 10:27:18 am
Hard to be upset when you aren't favored to wib

I was actually slightly surprised when Vegas had them favored even playing here. That means they think TCU is 7-10 better on a neutral field. I thought it would be a 1 point line either direction. Last I saw it was 3 points favored that TCU wins.

nuttinbuthogs

You mean Arkansas will not be upset if they get beat? 

cuckoobird

High Voltage

cuckoobird

Our line can't block then they go through our defense Like water through a screen door

bdubyab60

Well if our offense doesn't do something soon these bullets our defense happens to be dodging at the moment are going to start hitting

cuckoobird

TCU is keeping us in the game

bdubyab60

That they are gotta punch this in

bdubyab60

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 09, 2017, 04:50:15 pm
TCU is keeping us in the game

Exactly, they dropped a TD that would have sealed it. We can't even move the ball on a team that would be 3-5 at best in the SEC West.

beach bum

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 09, 2017, 05:00:11 pm
Unbelievable

I honestly feel bad for that kid. He isn't the reason we may lose this cause we would only be at 13 one shy of TCU's score, but he has to feel awful. This is a results driven business so I doubt he is kicking anymore after this game.

beach bum

Quote from: High Voltage on August 31, 2017, 06:41:46 pm
We will surprise some people!

Three wins are gimme's.
Florida A&M
New Mexico State
Coastal Carolina
3-0

Games we are certainly the better team and will win.
TCU
Texas A&M
Ole Miss
Mississippi State
Missouri
8-0

Games we are equal to our opponent.
South Carolina (They are still learning the new system we should win. Being it is at SC will make it interesting.)
Auburn (Gus is on the hot seat as well but we get the at DWRRS.)
LSU (At Death Valley makes this hard for us.)
10-1

Games we lose.
Alabama @ Alabama
10-2

I have a feeling there will be a couple more on that list you get wrong too..... We literally have no explosive passing game. TCU is an 8-4 team from a conference that plays no defense and we can not move the ball on them. What is going to happen when we play Auburn, LSU, or Alabama's defense?

beach bum

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on September 09, 2017, 05:26:04 pm
I honestly feel bad for that kid. He isn't the reason we may lose this cause we would only be at 13 one shy of TCU's score, but he has to feel awful. This is a results driven business so I doubt he is kicking anymore after this game.
Yeah he isn't the reason we lost. We are actually lucky it's still close. However when we get a chance for points a scholarship kicker should be able to make a 22 and a 23 yard FG.

Austin Allen is tough as nails but he and the receivers have got to get on the same page. That has to happen fast.

As I type this they score twice

InYoGrill

Bad coaching again...

Players don't look motivated to win this game in the 4th. On the coaches. Coach B shows so little emotion when the wheels are falling off. I am usually not that critical of Hog football
but we pay coach B toooooooo much money for middle of the road records.

Team is self destructing as I am typing this. LOL!

InYoGrill

What is your impression of the 3-4 D? I don't like it especially for the SEC. Teams like Bama and LSU will GASH us all game long with the run. Our D line has been driven back the entire game.

beach bum

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 09, 2017, 05:38:01 pm
What is your impression of the 3-4 D? I don't like it especially for the SEC. Teams like Bama and LSU will GASH us all game long with the run. Our D line has been driven back the entire game.

I agree, Miss State will run all over us too. If Texas A&M establishes the run in two weeks I see them beating us by about 10-14 points too. They seem like they are going to be more reliant on the run this season.

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on September 09, 2017, 05:33:32 pm
firebert.com
As you said its results based. Unfortunately what I see is them same thing that has plagued us since he has been here.

beach bum

Why is Austin Allen in the game getting crushed 3 straight plays down 3 TD's with 30 seconds left?? We definitely don't have the brightest coach roaming the sidelines.

nuttinbuthogs

Hogs are just bad. Talent, Coaching, Effort, it all looked bad today.

Proud Buckaroo

3-9. That's my prediction. 

cuckoobird

Guys I've been telling y'all for a couple of years now that we didn't have the right man in charge.

Trojanbird

Will be interesting to hear the excuses of the so called hog gurus!  However, I was not that impressed with TCU either, they are better coached and played smarter!

gameoflife

Oh they will win 5-6 but that's not very good.  Bad thing is his contract is so inflated that they cannot replace him until at least after 2018.  I'm wishing some one would give me a nice raise for only doing the minimum.  Must be sweet!!!!

cuckoobird

You know it's bad when Ricepig won't even try and defend them

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 09, 2017, 06:59:40 pm

I am pretty sure he has admitted defeat when he won't even come down here and defend Bert.... My honest evaluation is this. He is now 25-27 as the coach here. Unless some miracle happens he will probably sit right below .500 after this season overall. Imo, even Vanderbilt and Kentucky would probably fire their coach after 5 years and not having a combined record of .500 or better or be in super serious consideration at that point with maybe one year left on the leash . Are we seriously that low now that Jeff Long has admitted we have lower standards than UK and Vandy? I think Jeff Long should pay the buy out with his own money since he was that dumb to give a guy an extension after a 2-14 SEC record to start.

cuckoobird

I agree and also think long should be fired too

Romeo

Needless to say, today is probably the last time we'll see Cole Hedlund kicking for Arkansas.

cuckoobird

Too bad they won't sit the coaches for poor performance

HorseFeathers

3-9 is a real possibility....scary to think that it might not be enough to get Bert fired

cuckoobird

I'll stick with my 5-7 record

YC

We have no one to blame but ourselves. We gave up football and went strictly to a money-making school twenty seven years ago. With that move we lost our recruiting base. Texas, Arkansas, and Oklahoma got the cream of the crop of the Texas high school recruits and the A&M's, TCU's, Baylor's, SMU's OSU's, Tech's and remainder's of the nation got what was left.

Long, Bielema, and Enos are totally incompetent and have just kicked the dirt into the grave. That Enos character couldn't coordinate a jr. high team.

I grew up with Frank Broyles as the coach - with great assistants - and later as AD. It's difficult for me to accept this mess we have now.

beach bum

Well if we lose to Texas A&M after 2 weeks to prepare for them you know we stink.... A&M is only beating Nicholls State 14-6 in the 2nd half right now  ???

Trojanbird

If only we could look half as good as the teams on TV tonight!  I hope our coaches are watching - maybe they could learn a thing or two!

Trojanbird

If only we could look half as good as the teams on TV tonight!  I hope our coaches are watching - maybe they could learn a thing or two!

High Voltage

Well, I can admit when I'm wrong. Jeeeezzzz, that was bad. Coach B did not have this team prepared and he looked lost trying to come from behind. Why did he leave Allen in at the end getting killed? What would have happened had the kid got hurt. Also, why not give the backups some playing time. Allen is gone after this year and it would be nice to have someone that has some SEC playing time. Our defense did play well for three and a half quarters. That is the only upside. No kicking game either. We don't need to pack it in just yet though. Lot's of football yet to be played folks.

bigworm

Quit buying tickets and things will change. I dont think thats gonna be a problem. Folks had a little false hope after we man handled the middle school team from floroda last week with 30,000 folks in the stadium. Back to reality. We will never be good with the pig farmer at the helm. And the problem actually isnt his other than hes the one responsible for hiring the worst OC in the sec. I bet ive heard 100 times how great a play caller enos is. I dont get it. Hes terrible. Just plain terrible.

gameoflife

Only problem with pulling Allen to keep him from getting hurt, and I was all for pulling him but not for the same reason, would be that many fans would think it was a give up sign.  Heck, we didn't give up, we never gave a hoot.  I saw Ragnow's statement about, great coaches, great players but we need to put out.  Naw, we ain't got great nothing, great doesn't play like that.  I'd love to see a bunch of changes but they pay the coach too much to fire him and he runs through assistants pretty fast already.

beach bum

Quote from: gameoflife on September 10, 2017, 03:42:51 pm
Only problem with pulling Allen to keep him from getting hurt, and I was all for pulling him but not for the same reason, would be that many fans would think it was a give up sign.  Heck, we didn't give up, we never gave a hoot.  I saw Ragnow's statement about, great coaches, great players but we need to put out.  Naw, we ain't got great nothing, great doesn't play like that.  I'd love to see a bunch of changes but they pay the coach too much to fire him and he runs through assistants pretty fast already.

He loves to have scapegoats for his own problems. That is just another reason why I don't care for him.

Ventman

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 09, 2017, 05:36:05 pm
Bad coaching again...

Players don't look motivated to win this game in the 4th. On the coaches. Coach B shows so little emotion when the wheels are falling off. I am usually not that critical of Hog football
but we pay coach B toooooooo much money for middle of the road records.

Team is self destructing as I am typing this. LOL!
x2

Ventman

Quote from: bigworm on September 10, 2017, 01:32:21 pm
Quit buying tickets and things will change. I dont think thats gonna be a problem. Folks had a little false hope after we man handled the middle school team from floroda last week with 30,000 folks in the stadium. Back to reality. We will never be good with the pig farmer at the helm. And the problem actually isnt his other than hes the one responsible for hiring the worst OC in the sec. I bet ive heard 100 times how great a play caller enos is. I dont get it. Hes terrible. Just plain terrible.
Bingo stop buying tickets and a change will be made period. What we saw yesterday was not acceptable. He is in year number 5 with his players. It's time to produce or they need to clean house.

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 09, 2017, 06:59:40 pm

He has nothing to defend.

The product all the "season ticket holders", "alums", "frat buds", and "stakeholders" are paying for is HOT GAHHHHHHBAGE.

gameoflife

I'm curious, what is the real problem with UA football?   I have my own ideas but I wonder what others think. 
For me, UA is a middle of the SEC team and always has been. 

Ventman

The Hogs need to be in the Big12, it's a better fit. That won't happen because it's all about the money.

nuttinbuthogs

I hear people say its coaching and some say its players.  One thing for sure its not money.

cuckoobird

If it's players, that's the coaches fault

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 10, 2017, 08:35:58 pm
If it's players, that's the coaches fault

Especially in year 5...

nuttinbuthogs

I'd agree with that, coaches fault.  I don't think our talent is superior to most of the teams we play. To play the game BB wants we need to be physically better. To win more than 5-6 games our players are really going to have to step it up.

bdubyab60

I think most of us can handle a loss. But it's the way we have been losing. Historically embarrassing. This is crap that used to happen to Vanderbilt.

At some point the powers that be have to see this and that the job is not getting done. If he doesn't right the ship in a hurry he needs to go buyout be darned.

beach bum

BB got lucky to ever land this job..... He got his big pay day and became lazy. He only landed this job because he won Big Ten titles when that conference was at its near worst historically. Ohio State was on probation in that time period and Michigan and Penn State were in some serious lows they haven't seen before. He is in way over his head here.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas