• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A&M's Perfect Storm

Started by Valleysports, May 11, 2014, 12:02:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valleysports

I think losing Allen is better than losing Murray.  Allen could end up an NFL QB - Murray is a faster Johnny Manziel.  He'll be fund to watch. 

Valleysports

Well Ricepig I went to an A&M site to see what they were saying, about Allen leaving.  I'm not saying it won't happen now (2016), but I'll admit they've fumbled the Perfect Storm opportunity.  If they would've had a season, like the Hogs (finishing strong), I'd still be confident about my predictions.  But now I think they've given up that recruiting advantage they temporarily held (or at least shared) over Texas.  Perfect Storm is based mainly on recruits. A&M has absolutely everything needed for a top tier program, on paper.  However I think the article said 5 QB's have transferred since Manziel left.  Why? Kyle Allen replaced Kenny Hill (TCU), just like Murry is replacing Allen (maybe Oklahoma).  It was kind of expected - you pointed out the potential problem when they signed Murray.  Is Sumlin the right coach?  Anyhow I predicted that by the end of this season (2015), everyone would realize A&M is on the eve of dominance.  Didn't happen!  :)   

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on December 16, 2015, 10:27:44 am
Well Ricepig I went to an A&M site to see what they were saying, about Allen leaving.  I'm not saying it won't happen now (2016), but I'll admit they've fumbled the Perfect Storm opportunity.  If they would've had a season, like the Hogs (finishing strong), I'd still be confident about my predictions.  But now I think they've given up that recruiting advantage they temporarily held (or at least shared) over Texas.  Perfect Storm is based mainly on recruits. A&M has absolutely everything needed for a top tier program, on paper.  However I think the article said 5 QB's have transferred since Manziel left.  Why? Kyle Allen replaced Kenny Hill (TCU), just like Murry is replacing Allen (maybe Oklahoma).  It was kind of expected - you pointed out the potential problem when they signed Murray.  Is Sumlin the right coach?  Anyhow I predicted that by the end of this season (2015), everyone would realize A&M is on the eve of dominance.  Didn't happen!  :)   

It basically tells you that the SEC is a tough..........anyway, it will be interesting to see how Sumlin handles/survives these late season stumbles. I agree, they have the talent, especially on the offensive side, but will they put it all together?

SUGARTOWN

Maybe Uncle Rico can QB the Aggies next season. Do they have any QB's left as this point?  :D

ricepig

Well, Trevor Knight is a grad transfer from OU, I bet his phone is buzzing.

Valleysports

December 16, 2015, 08:18:17 pm #356 Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 05:06:06 am by Valleysports
I wanted to see Kyler play QB - heard he's going baseball.  Ricepig, I get an out clause since I made my predictions around them having at least 1 of 3 QB's who've all transferred, don't I?  LOL  That's crazy.  Texas Longhorns must be eating this up!   ::)

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on December 16, 2015, 08:18:17 pm
I wanted to see Kyler play QB - heard he's going baseball.  Ricepig, I get an out clause since I made my predictions around them having 1 of 3 QB's who've all transferred, don't I?  LOL  That's crazy.  Texas Longhorns must be eating this up!   ::)

Yeah, they are from what I've read, lol. Sumlin says Murray will be at practice tomorrow from what I've read, I guess we'll see.

Valleysports

Friends with a TECH Player, from Houston, who's a Longhorn Fan.  Asked him if he was enjoying A&M's destruction.  Well he told me that Ricky Seals Jones is his cousin and Ricky say's both Allen & Murray were  worried about competing with some freshman from the Dallas area.  He said this kid was a freshman this year and legit.  I looked up the roster, there are 5 QB's, but I can't figure out who this might be nor any QB from around Dallas.  We might get to see all 5 in their upcoming bowl game.  haha 

Valleysports

Worked out well - Murray is transferring to Oklahoma.  He'll play against Texas  ;D 
Oklahoma is one of Allen's four choices also, wouldn't that be something if Allen ended up there with Murray.

Valleysports

Perfect Storm fizzled out before coming a shore!  Coaches will be fired after this bowl game.  A&M will lose (have lost) the recruiting advantages they were getting from moving to the SEC, the Manziel effect, and Longhorn crash.  They might put together winning seasons, maybe even next year, but they've blown the unusual opportunity they had.  Seals said the new OC ran Allen and Murray off.  I missed!

Fatfullback

Well it's a dadgum shame anyway.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on December 30, 2015, 07:13:40 pm
Perfect Storm fizzled out before coming a shore!  Coaches will be fired after this bowl game.  A&M will lose (have lost) the recruiting advantages they were getting from moving to the SEC, the Manziel effect, and Longhorn crash.  They might put together winning seasons, maybe even next year, but they've blown the unusual opportunity they had.  Seals said the new OC ran Allen and Murray off.  I missed!

Well, Sumlin ran off the new OC, haha.

AirWarren

Former Oklahoma Qb Trevor knight transfers to TAMU.

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on January 05, 2016, 08:47:33 am
Former Oklahoma Qb Trevor knight transfers to TAMU.

They traded QB's, I believe since Knight only has one year left, Oklahoma owes them a QB to be named later.

Longfellow

Kyle Allen will transfer to Houston, per reports

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on January 05, 2016, 11:13:58 am

Is Houston sending a Qb to A&M as well?

mack

Quote from: HF on January 07, 2016, 02:53:58 pm
Quote from: Longfellow on January 05, 2016, 11:13:58 am

Is Houston sending a Qb to A&M as well?

Nope, cash and a draft pick to be named later....

Valleysports

December 24, 2020, 09:23:11 am #368 Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 04:07:59 pm by Valleysports
Quote from: Hoghead on May 13, 2014, 07:42:26 am
Arkansas leads the series 41-26-3.  Hogs will get it togather and continue to dominate the Aggies !

AirWarren, I wish mack, birdman, ricepig were still around.  Hoghead, Lionheart88, True Fan, Big Fan, Bdubyab60, SUGARTOWN, Uncle Ivan, DogsWin7, RTF, Rulesman, Bleudog, Lions84 .  Do you think they dropped out because they knew this day was coming?  I know they're all thinking "Ole Valley really did recognize a football program in the making"..   ;D

It took longer than I thought, but looking back I see how the pieces of the puzzle kept falling into place.  Move to SEC, Infrastructure, $250,000 annual revenue, 110,000 capacity stadium, superior football facilities, full buy-in from administration, building a fun town around campus to attract recruit. Sumlin filled the coaches position while everything was being put into place.  Last step was to hire a $75 million coach, and assistants, with recruiting skills.  Reading back over this thread, predicting A&M would become an elite program in SEC is interesting.

Blue-Chip Ratio: 
Pre SEC -  Prior to joining SEC (2012), A&M's recruit classes ranked around 20th in the nation. 
Sumlin (2012-2018) after joining SEC, recruit classes ranked around 12.
JimBo Fisher - recruit classes are ranking around 5 (3 yrs).
Blue-Chip Ratio has risen from 15%, to 50%, and looking like 75% this year.
In 3.5 yrs JimBo has brought in 60, 4/5 star recruits.     
A&M is not Bama yet, but they have definitely crossed the threshold as a Blue-Chip Program.       

Valleysports

Valleysports

June 18, 2021, 05:52:16 pm #370 Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 04:57:40 pm by Valleysports
Four-star Fayetteville receiver Isaiah Sategna has announced he is decommitting from Texas A&M.
A&M has had 23 Five Star Recruits, on Campus, in June....

Valleysports

July 17, 2021, 06:33:54 pm #371 Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 06:36:50 pm by Valleysports
And here we go  >:(

The Texas A&M Football team is one of the many college football programs that will be hugely benefitting from college football's new NIL rules. In years past, student-athletes couldn't make any money, so any deals had to be under the table.

Now, any money exchanges will be happening in plain sight. We're already witnessing one of these with Texas A&M Football running back Isaiah Spiller and safety Demani Richardson. According to TexAgs, the two Aggie standouts will be part of interviews, ahead of SEC Media Days, sponsored by GreenPrint Real Estate in partnership with TexAgs.

This will earn each player $10,000, making it one of the more noteworthy NIL deals in the state thus far.

Valleysports

The Aggies are on the way to becoming the most international team in college football, as they have added Swedish, 6'6" 245 LB, tight end Theodor Ohrstrom to their 2023 class to go with two natives of Australia (as well as 19 states and the District of Columbia).  The Aggies now have four commits for their 2023 class, and all are 4-stars. Two are from Texas, one is from Louisiana, and one is from seven time zones away.

Valleysports

August 29, 2021, 08:13:26 am #373 Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 08:37:06 am by Valleysports

Valleysports

June 01, 2022, 07:11:52 pm #374 Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 12:27:35 pm by Valleysports
A winning team can be built on great recruiting classes (example LSU's National Championship), but building a football program takes a lot longer and starts years before the top recruit classes fall into place.  The last element to building a Program is Player Depth. If a QB goes down, another 5 star QB takes his place.  Football Programs reload year after year.

Has A&M built a program yet? Well they've gotten all the infrastructure in place, etc..  But they didn't have that depth in 2021..  Last year's ineffective backup QB moved on, the injured starter is back, a 1 yr veteran starter transferred in, and they landed a 5 star freshman.  The starting 2021 freshman OL now have a year of experience with added depth. Though young, A&M now has a load of top TE's & WR..  Defense has depth. Upper Classmen are from #4,#6,#8 Classes (#18 replaced with #1).  The 2022 #1 Class certainly indicates A&M has built a program, but that class won't really be a factor until next year. Programs have to win consistently, year after year, so while A&M is knocking on the door they haven't proven it yet.  Meanwhile the Portal might've changed everything.                     

Valleysports

Update October 2022:  Looks like A&M has blown their opportunity.  Head Coach too arrogant to hire an Offensive Coordinator?  Will recruits head for the door?  A&M taking their program to the next tier, is looking doubtful. Who's the next? LSU, Texas, Tennessee?   

bdubyab60

All 3 of those teams are going to be a handful. Tenner definitely looks the real deal.

Jimbo's change at QB will buy him another year unless the behind the scenes stuff gets to much to handle

Valleysports

Here we are 2023, will Aggies Aggy?  ::)

DerekOxford

Quote from: Valleysports on September 02, 2023, 11:10:36 pmHere we are 2023, will Aggies Aggy?  ::)

Offense looks pretty good. Defense remains to be seen. They've got Miami on the road next week. That will be a more legitimate look at them.

HorseFeathers

Looks like the Storm kinda fizzled out

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas