• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover HC (filled Mike Baysinger)

Started by GotInfo?, January 19, 2017, 09:34:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on February 10, 2017, 09:07:15 pm
Who is Brian Stricltland?

We now know two things he's not good at....

THA TRUTH

Dayton Kitchens

Jimbo Morphis

Smackover to hire former navy seal. Players will learn to adapt and have no problem with the cold November mud and water on the north end of their field.

WHITEchicken

Haha... old man don't you mean Navy sells?

southarkdaddy

THA TRUTH

THA TRUTH

Katdaddy

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Katdaddy on February 13, 2017, 01:19:58 pm
Dayton Kitchens

Last time I heard people at Smackover still blamed me for their being thumped by Dierks in the quarterfinals in 2005.

THA TRUTH

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on February 13, 2017, 02:26:44 pm
Last time I heard people at Smackover still blamed me for their being thumped by Dierks in the quarterfinals in 2005.

Poor officiating. Just a bad overall game that night. They bottled up Steven's the whole night.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: THA TRUTH on February 13, 2017, 02:51:35 pm
What u do wrong

I was at Norphlet at the time.    At the request of Coach Bennett of Dierks,  I provided him with a bunch of DVDs of Smackover games and scouting reports.   Basically everything we had on them for that year. 

Though given Dierks had played Smackover near the first of the season (and lost) I always wondered why Coach Bennett wanted all that.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on February 13, 2017, 04:01:27 pm
I was at Norphlet at the time.    At the request of Coach Bennett of Dierks,  I provided him with a bunch of DVDs of Smackover games and scouting reports.   Basically everything we had on them for that year. 

Though given Dierks had played Smackover near the first of the season (and lost) I always wondered why Coach Bennett wanted all that.

WHY ASK WHY? 
He used everything he could find.....and it worked!!!  Poor officiating don't equal a 5 TD thumping in the playoffs. 

THA TRUTH

Coach Steele did the same thing for Jc

Jimbo Morphis

you were the head coach at Norphlet?

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Oldman on February 13, 2017, 08:21:45 pm
you were the head coach at Norphlet?

No.   Just offensive line coach.   I worked under Coach Dennis Steele my first three years at Norphlet.   Under Coach Doug Means my last year there.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: THA TRUTH on February 13, 2017, 07:25:15 pm

Coach Steele did the same thing for Jc

That didn't work as well as you guys thought that year. Lol.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 13, 2017, 04:10:10 pm
WHY ASK WHY? 
He used everything he could find.....and it worked!!!  Poor officiating don't equal a 5 TD thumping in the playoffs.

Poor reading comprehension must also be common in Dierks as well.

You got to poor officiating and instantly stopped there. Notice I also mentioned the overall game plan was bad and I also said that Dierks bottled up Brent all night.

It's a shame with all that and Dierks ended their season with the same thing Smackover got. No trophy.

southarkdaddy

Where does smackover rank among south arkansas coaching jobs?  Had a lot of good seasons recently but also in the same general area as Camden Fairview, El Dorado, and JunctionCity

THA TRUTH

In the Triangle here I'd say it's the fourth best behind eldo Camden and Jc but is ahead of magnolia... maybe not in pay grade but as far as talent to win with in recent years

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: THA TRUTH on February 14, 2017, 11:21:40 am
In the Triangle here I'd say it's the fourth best behind eldo Camden and Jc but is ahead of magnolia... maybe not in pay grade but as far as talent to win with in recent years

If we're talking in the last 5 years...

1. JC.
2. El dorado.
3. Smackover.
4. Camden.

Pay wise....

1 el dorado.
2. Camden.
3. Smackover.
4. jc.

Proud Buckaroo

Far from the best paying. But most definitely not the worst.

Pat Swilling

I think it is worst in state.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Pat Swilling on February 14, 2017, 11:26:43 am
I think it is worst in state.

LOL. So, worse than hermitage? Rose bud? Augusta? Strong? Corning? Lots of schools pay far less than Smackover.

Pat Swilling

HEAD SR FOOTBALL $2100

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Pat Swilling on February 14, 2017, 11:28:22 am
HEAD SR FOOTBALL $2100

Wow. That's an awfully low number. Must be why coaches from Texas and Oklahoma are applying for the position. 🙄

WHITEchicken

Depends on what you mean by rank. Talent is still here. A lot of success the last 4-5 years. Haven't won the big one. If you are judging off of talent, then it is pretty high. Off of wins in the last few years pretty high. Off of championships then not to high.

Pat Swilling

I think smackover is a good Coaching Job.  My point is it doesn't pay well.  Good luck finding next HFC.  Lot of athletes there.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on February 14, 2017, 11:00:19 am
Poor reading comprehension must also be common in Dierks as well.

You got to poor officiating and instantly stopped there. Notice I also mentioned the overall game plan was bad and I also said that Dierks bottled up Brent all night.

It's a shame with all that and Dierks ended their season with the same thing Smackover got. No trophy.

So why mention the officiating?  If your team gets beaten by 30+ points, why bring it up?  My reading comprehension "works real good".  So lame, so weak. 

Good luck to Smackover in their coaching search.  There is a great deal of talent in that area.  Hope they find the right guy.

Carljung

The talent has come and gone and won't be back for awhile from what I heard...the job isn't that good a job so look for Smackover to be down for awhile

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on February 14, 2017, 11:25:20 am
If we're talking in the last 5 years...

1. JC.
2. El dorado.
3. Smackover.
4. Camden.

Idk about that Camden does have a state title in the last 5 years

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Carljung on February 14, 2017, 01:40:01 pm
The talent has come and gone and won't be back for awhile from what I heard...the job isn't that good a job so look for Smackover to be down for awhile

Yea that's false

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: THA TRUTH on February 14, 2017, 01:50:03 pm

Yea that's false

Apparently he hasn't seen what Smackover has coming back and moving up. lol.

Sick Dog

NO NO NOOOOOO Surely not another junior bucs team?????? Undefeated throughout pee wee ball?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Sick Dog on February 14, 2017, 04:55:13 pm
NO NO NOOOOOO Surely not another junior bucs team?????? Undefeated throughout pee wee ball?

Not undefeated throughout peewee or junior high. They are just a very good group that work together as a team.  Everyone will see for theirselves. Just got to find the right man for the job.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on February 14, 2017, 08:14:05 pm
Not undefeated throughout peewee or junior high. They are just a very good group that work together as a team.  Everyone will see for theirselves. Just got to find the right man for the job.

Buck Fever for HFC!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on February 14, 2017, 11:29:36 am
Wow. That's an awfully low number. Must be why coaches from Texas and Oklahoma are applying for the position. 🙄
Are they head coaches now in Texas and Oklahoma? One has to wonder why they would move to South Arkansas?

Robot Chicken

refer to Lake Hamilton and Fayeteville when hiring coaches from Texas and Ok.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Robot Chicken on February 15, 2017, 12:45:11 pm
refer to Lake Hamilton and Fayeteville when hiring coaches from Texas and Ok.
yea well there no Smorphlet.

WHITEchicken

Proud Buckaroo

Still reviewing applicants and letting others apply. They want to make the right choice. I'll see what If there is anymore updates tomorrow.

ghostoffootballpast

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on February 16, 2017, 09:17:22 pm
Still reviewing applicants and letting others apply. They want to make the right choice. I'll see what If there is anymore updates tomorrow.

WHITEchicken

Jimbo Morphis

Who would have thought the Corning head cos h thread would be more polular?

Proud Buckaroo

Because everything is being kept quiet and the applicants names are not being released like theirs are.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: WHITEchicken on February 17, 2017, 01:27:15 pm
Anything?

Never got a chance to talk with my source today. I'll update when I can though. 

bleudog

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on February 17, 2017, 04:55:25 pm
Never got a chance to talk with my source today. I'll update when I can though. 

Get Wikibuck to hack the school's network. :D

WHITEchicken

I guess the coach still has not come out of hiding yet? Anything buck? My sources lips are sealed at this point.

JC Guy

Do you guys know if Brad applied for sure?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas