• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calling all Basketball fans...

Started by JessieP, January 09, 2018, 07:55:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scrapdig

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 22, 2018, 04:03:48 pm
Justice Hill plays football (Razorback b-ball signee).
He has played one year of HS football.  Zero of the last 20 D1 players from Arkansas have played 3 years of HS football.  Maybe the reason Justice doesn't shoot well is too much football.....

Rocket23

Justice also started for the senior high football team as a freshman once the ninth grade season was over.

He didn't play as a sophomore to sit out and work on his jump shot, but came back and played this year.  He is planning on playing football as a senior because he thinks his team can win a state title. 

He then plans on graduating at semester and going to Fayetteville to begin his basketball career.  Whether he plays for the Hogs next spring or just practices and becomes acclimated has yet to be decided.

scrapdig

Quote from: Rocket23 on January 23, 2018, 01:59:57 pm
Justice also started for the senior high football team as a freshman once the ninth grade season was over.

He didn't play as a sophomore to sit out and work on his jump shot, but came back and played this year.  He is planning on playing football as a senior because he thinks his team can win a state title. 

He then plans on graduating at semester and going to Fayetteville to begin his basketball career.  Whether he plays for the Hogs next spring or just practices and becomes acclimated has yet to be decided.
He is pretty dang good at both sports.  Better shot at NFL than the NBA I think.

sevenof400

Quote from: scrapdig on January 23, 2018, 02:56:10 pm
He is pretty dang good at both sports.  Better shot at NFL than the NBA I think.

Based solely on his size (vertical), I would tend to agree with this.  He was lightning quick and I'm sure he hasn't gotten any slower.  Whatever he chooses, best of luck to him.

MDXPHD

Somebody needs to tell that kid the truth and stop letting him believe that nonsense!

scrapdig

Hill will be playing big minutes for Arkansas a year from now

Overdahill

Now that LRC has been promoted to the Central Conference they may have a shot  :D

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: 4real on January 10, 2018, 10:32:24 pm
Listen bud, my first name is Serious, my last name is Lee... However, my friends call me Joker. So, I give you permission to call me Joker now...

I get what you are saying that Arkansans have been lacking in our basketball skills. Another thread that has already been beat down like a dead horse is dedicated to this very idea.  The demise of skill is attributed to several obvious factors such as electronics and distractions for kids today.

However, I completely disagree with your statement that we are a top producer compared to the other 49 states in top football talent. If that were true, the Hogs would. It be stuck at an FCS level for the better part of this decade. I don't put a lot of value in bearing about all of the D1 kids that end up at Schools outside of the SEC, Big12, etc. for every 1st and 2nd round footbydraft pick since 2000, there have been just as many drafted by the nba from our state.

So, to simplify the conversation, we will agree that we need a desperately aggressive approach to improving the shooting skills of Arkansas HS BB players in a world where teenagers are married to iPhones, social media, x box, instant gratification, being pampered, not expecting to have to earn anything, entitlement, etc.

This conversation might not seem so bad if the Hogs had been able to sign kids like James Anderson, Archie Griffin, Austin Reeves, KeVaughn Allen and Malik Monk, to name a few.
Don't you mean Archie Goodwin?

4real

87DAWG

Quote from: Rocket23 on January 13, 2018, 06:13:06 am
Jonesboro and Parkview have both been ranked nationally recently.

We have also had AAU and EYBL teams prominent on the national level.
Jonesboro finished 13th in the USA Today Poll last year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas