• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's the purpose of life?

Started by SandLizard04, February 18, 2008, 10:49:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Griffey Jr.

February 19, 2008, 12:53:09 am #50 Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 12:56:55 am by Ken Griffey Jr.
Quote from: Razor Slayer on February 18, 2008, 05:58:25 pm
Quote from: Throwback1 on February 18, 2008, 05:50:59 pm
Quote from: Razor Slayer on February 18, 2008, 05:41:55 pm
My purpose in life is to get to heaven.  Nothing less and nothing more.
That would be a goal, not a purpose.

Actually it is both.  We are here for no other reason than to get to heaven when we die.  Your right, it is a goal, but it is also the reason we are all here.

I disagree.  I think our goal in life is to get to Heaven when we die, but our purpose should be to take as many people to Heaven with us.  What good would it do you to try so hard to get to Heaven your whole life and then realize you didn't try to do the same for others.

RD™

Our goal in life should be to make everyday the best and make it like it's your last.

Marionpats07™

Quote from: Rebel Dog™ on February 19, 2008, 01:08:15 am
Our goal in life should be to make everyday the best and make it like it's your last.
I like that goal...

Who wants to go to Hawaii...say in 12 hours?

RD™

Quote from: Marionpats07™ on February 19, 2008, 01:10:10 am
Quote from: Rebel Dog™ on February 19, 2008, 01:08:15 am
I like that goal...

Who wants to go to Hawaii...say in 12 hours?
Wait till Friday, I'm off.

Chief_Osceola™

I hope to do my part to leave the world a better place than when I got here.

AllSmiles

My purpose in life is to stay flyy, flashy, fabulous, and have fun doing it.

The Reality is back...

My purpose in life is to make others happy and entertain them.

Don Quixote

Quote from: Ken Griffey Jr. on February 19, 2008, 12:53:09 am
Quote from: Razor Slayer on February 18, 2008, 05:58:25 pm
Quote from: Throwback1 on February 18, 2008, 05:50:59 pm
Quote from: Razor Slayer on February 18, 2008, 05:41:55 pm
My purpose in life is to get to heaven.  Nothing less and nothing more.
That would be a goal, not a purpose.

Actually it is both.  We are here for no other reason than to get to heaven when we die.  Your right, it is a goal, but it is also the reason we are all here.

I disagree.  I think our goal in life is to get to Heaven when we die, but our purpose should be to take as many people to Heaven with us.  What good would it do you to try so hard to get to Heaven your whole life and then realize you didn't try to do the same for others.

Agreed.

BillyJack™

Quote from: Stupidity Vampire AKA Ignorance Ingestor on February 19, 2008, 03:39:29 am
I knew a gal in I-Teh-Wan, Korea with the same phylosophy, but her methods would be illegal in most the US states!

SandLizard04

Quote from: BillyJack™ on February 19, 2008, 08:38:53 am
Quote from: Stupidity Vampire AKA Ignorance Ingestor on February 19, 2008, 03:39:29 am
I knew a gal in I-Teh-Wan, Korea with the same phylosophy, but her methods would be illegal in most the US states!
Good thing there's not many people in the UCA library right now, because I just busted out laughing. +1 Billy.

philgoodallday

Before my grandfather died, he said that he was at peace with God, and that he had watched his kids grow up to be better than he was.  That's always stuck with me.

If I guide my son, and he ends up being a better person than me (which won't be too hard to do), then I'll be happy.  I work hard at a job that some people wouldn't want, but is very necessary.  I teach.  Who I teach is the part that I wouldn't wish on most.  I work hard.  I love my wife.  I love my son more than anything else in the world, and unlike my father, I'm there with him every day.  I get down in the floor and play with him whether it kills my back or not, because I don't have one memory of my dad playing with me.  I spent my last five dollars before my last paycheck on a car my son wanted from Wal-mart, because I had enough gas to make it until payday. 

I do a lot of things wrong (curse, wish ill on others [especially when driving], use smokeless tobacco, etc.) but I'm a good father.  There are so many things that can be accomplished by doing that one thing right.  I'm not there yet, but I love God, my son, my country, and my wife (most days!).

Everyday I find something I love to smile about.

Throwback1

I"d say you pretty much got it figured out.

The Reality is back...

Quote from: BillyJack™ on February 19, 2008, 08:38:53 am

;D

WCD

Quote from: Ramblin' Man™ on February 18, 2008, 10:49:24 am
Loaded question I know, but I'm just curious to see what y'all think.

To "love God with all of my heart, soul and mind and to love my neighbor as myself."

WCD ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas