• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brookland Gets Football!!!

Started by BLITZ, October 17, 2007, 08:59:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BLITZ

Brookland says goodbye to being the largest school in the state without football. :) Starting next year Brookland will begin to play football. They will ramp up over the next 4 years and will begin varsity the 2011 school year. They will likely be a division 4a school by that time. 

Lions84

wawa111

jacosportsfreak

Between Jonesboro and Paragould.

HorseFeathers

Bout Time....Now when's Tuckerman going to start?? They'll be the new Largest school without football..

Missco

As long as Morgan Gilbert is at Tuckerman then they'll never have football.

jacosportsfreak

Missco hit the nail on the head!!!

True Believer

Congrats to Brookland.  Do they have a mascot yet?  Or is that decided later? 

jacosportsfreak

GlennMParrish

sam

They aren't the bearcatz are they?  I think that's Melbourne. 

jacosportsfreak

Melbourne may be too, I don't know; but I know that that Brookland is the Bearcats!

rodzilla

way to go brookland!! it seemed like a few years ago football was losing schools, now we are getting more...

Rulesman

Quote from: Missco on October 23, 2007, 03:42:48 pm
As long as Morgan Gilbert is at Tuckerman then they'll never have football.
And he's been there forever, and then some. If he is not currently the longest tenured coach at any one school, I'd like to know who is.

Missco

Rivercrest,Gosnell and Blytheville all have a few coaches that have been there for over 35  years. Gilbert was at Tyronza and I think Bay before he was went to  Tuckerman.

triberulz

When are they going to interview for the Head Coaching job

Rulesman

Quote from: Missco on November 15, 2007, 11:43:15 pm
Rivercrest,Gosnell and Blytheville all have a few coaches that have been there for over 35  years.
Who are they?

Missco

Rick Wilson has been at Rivercrest for 34 or 35 years. Wayne Griffin has been at Gosnell for 40 years. Mark Blount has been at Gosnell for slightly over 30. John Church has been at Blytheville over 30. I'll have to check on the exact  years on the last 2. Kelley Chandler has been at Rivercrest for 29 or 30. Higgins the Jr. high coach has been at Rivercrest for over 30.

Rulesman

Quote from: Missco on November 16, 2007, 08:10:38 pm
Rick Wilson has been at Rivercrest for 34 or 35 years. Wayne Griffin has been at Gosnell for 40 years. Mark Blount has been at Gosnell for slightly over 30. John Church has been at Blytheville over 30. I'll have to check on the exact  years on the last 2. Kelley Chandler has been at Rivercrest for 29 or 30. Higgins the Jr. high coach has been at Rivercrest for over 30.
Thats slightly different than your quote "Rivercrest,Gosnell and Blytheville all have a few coaches that have been there for over 35 years."

Wilson may have been at Rivercrest for nearly that long, but he has not been in the same position (boy's head basketball coach) longer than Gilbert has held his at Tuckerman. H.C. Wallace was Wilson's predecessor and he was at Rivercrest through the mid-to-late 1970s.

Griffin was at Dell in the early 70s, so he hasn't been at Gosnell for 40 years.

One name I overlooked (but falls in the same category as those you mention) is Lynn Greenwell at Trumann. He has held different positions as assistant and head football coach and AD, and has been there since at least 1970 or 1971.

Missco

November 16, 2007, 10:54:13 pm #19 Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 11:01:59 pm by Missco
I'll ask Kristy when he became the head coach but he has been at Rivercrest his whole career. HC wasn't at Rivercrest very long.  I know Griffin was at Dell but technically since they consolidated its considered the same district. I see your point though. I remember you from your Mid-south official days.

Missco

November 17, 2007, 08:34:24 pm #20 Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 03:18:31 pm by Missco
Gilbert started at Tuckerman in 1973-74.

GOSNELLBASKETBALL10

Williams was at gosnell for awhile then retired and now is back but im not so sure about how long

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas