• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Attendance at away games

Started by us2bpanther, October 06, 2007, 07:37:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

us2bpanther

How can a team with 35-40 players and playing only 60 miles from home on a friday night have only 15 people in the visitor stands? It wasn't raining. It was a great night for football. It was a conference game.........I know that most people who would read this go to most of the games, but I can't believe the folks who are missing out on some of the best entertainment in the state and missing the opportunity to show the kids they are supporting them.

Throwback1

Quote from: us2bpanther on October 06, 2007, 07:37:52 pm
How can a team with 35-40 players and playing only 60 miles from home on a friday night have only 15 people in the visitor stands? It wasn't raining. It was a great night for football. It was a conference game.........I know that most people who would read this go to most of the games, but I can't believe the folks who are missing out on some of the best entertainment in the state and missing the opportunity to show the kids they are supporting them.

Sometimes at our home games I"ll look across the field and be literally amazed at how any team can have only a handful of fans travel to their away games, especially considering how "close" the game is to their hometown.  In fact, CF has been to away games where we literally had more fans there than the home team did.  Odd.

Lions84

Depends on if the team is winning in some places. Clarendon back when I was playing traveled about as well as anybody else in 2A football. Today is has dropped off due to computers, commuting and Dish/ Cable TV. Even in the rural areas there are so many more entertainment options than there were in the 1980's. When you drive 60 miles or more a day to work unless you have a child cheerleading,playing or in the Band you want to sit down and rest not eat and drive 120 miles round trip to see the local HS football team play especially if they are not very good.
That is the sad reality of HS Football in Arkansas today.  :(

Bondfan4ever

Attendance may also depend on whether your school had radio coverage or not.

bhs429

we show up and suppott the      Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lh89

It is not just away games for the last couple of years even when we are on the road we have a bigger crowd than the home team.As a parent they should go to most of the games and support their kids in anysport they are in.

Leather Head

Batesville has radio coverage and also have a large traveling crowd.

KingoftheHILL

Nashville fans always support the Scrappers. Home and road games. Even in bad years when we lose a game or two.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas