• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8 Man football in Arkansas..

Started by BoisDArc, August 14, 2007, 11:14:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BoisDArc

This is the 4th year of a small school eight man leagues. Two conferences in Arkansas. The Mid Arkansas Christian Conference with Southwest Christian Academy of LR, Crossgate Christian of Hot Springs, Word of Outreach Academy of LR, Calvary Christian of Forrest City and Conway Christian (who will be a AAA member in the 2A classification next year) All of these teams play Arkansas School for the Deaf(The Deaf Leopards) in non conference games. Conway has finished state runner-up behind Abiding Faith Academy from Crossett the past 2 years. Conway will open their season August 24th at 7PM in an 11 man game at UCA against the Springfield Christian Chargers from Missouri. The Chargers finished #2 in the nation in their classification last year. Should be a great game. If you can come on out.

Lions84

We are hoping AAA will add this for the whole state soon!

not ray

Going to take a lot to get that going.  The problem is facilities, coaches, etc.  It would take a lot to get that off the ground. 

Turner

i thought crossgate won the 8 man championship last year....unless someone told me wrong

BoisDArc

You were told wrong. Conway beat Croosgate 3 times last year. 26-0 in Conway, 20-16 in Hot Springs, and 32-26 in OT in the conference championship game.

Wampus_Cat

If Baker does indeed play for 8 Man Football for Conway Christian, CC will absolutely dominate the state.

BoisDArc

Jaycob and Jordan are both back at Conway Christian for their Senior year.

BBall_24

I go to jville and i'm a good friend with somebody that was about to go to crossgate his name is Jake Austin and if he went to school there this year Conway would not have a chance at anything.

hoghigh

Quote from: Special Delivery Jones on August 17, 2007, 02:25:27 pm
Going to take a lot to get that going.  The problem is facilities, coaches, etc.  It would take a lot to get that off the ground. 

Not at all.  There are way to many teams that play 11 man that should play 8 man.  Arkansas is behind the curve in this area.

looseliner

I have been a ref for 8 man games in Oklahoma, it is a very exciting game. The AAA would do the small schools a favor to bring in 8 man football.

Lions84

If not OK 8 man the Texas 6 man. either would be a great help to some of our smaller Delta schools since the overall population in the Delta is still on Decline that started in 1960.

undoneone

I am from Arkansas orginally. I am here to say that most would grow to love the Texas 6man game, as that is where I now live. I raised my kids in a small town (263) and 6man is played here. It is very fun to watch and there is still some very talented kids that play the game.

rodzilla

i think 6 or 8 would help the small schools, heck, hughes may still be playing if we had it and barton wouldn't have their troubles if they had that option

lionqb#6

8 man would be pretty exciting in the a state

hoghigh

Oklahoma has 8man in class B and 6man in class C.  Arkansas would benefit if it had these options.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas