• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas High School Football is Getting Better Thanks to .....

Started by BigDeal, July 29, 2007, 08:09:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDeal

the coaching staff at the University of Arkansas. Coach Nutt & team have done a tremendous job of not only bringing excitement back to Arkansas in football,  but involving the other HS coaches with clinics , etc. as well.
I'm a strong believer in supporting HS football and hats all to all that participate and those coaches dedicated to helping these kids mature into young men.

Lions84

GlennMParrish

some people really shouldn't tell jokes. they're no good at it.

not ray

Man that is hilarious.  Yeah the love just pour forth from all the coaches.  From the far south to the shadows of RRS. 

powerlifter90

the UA coaches have to pull out alllll the stops to keep the "talent" in Ark from leaving the state.  best way to do that is to make "buddies" of as many hs coaches as you can.  It looks REAL bad on the program if you are the only BIG dog in the state and can't keep your best from leaving.  There is enough, just enough, talent in this state the Nutt and company need to worry.  Ark isn't CA, FL, TX, OH, or PA but after those 5 I don't know of too many states that produce what Ark does.  In the years that Nutt has been at UA he has had enough talent to bring UA into a top tier program, the guy can recruit but he can't coach to save his life. 

transplant

As you are ROFL...remember where the push for Spring Football in Arkansas came from...that is a big reason for the improvement.

RD™

Quote from: BigDeal on July 29, 2007, 08:09:26 pm
the coaching staff at the University of Arkansas. Coach Nutt & team have done a tremendous job of not only bringing excitement back to Arkansas in football,  but involving the other HS coaches with clinics , etc. as well.
I'm a strong believer in supporting HS football and hats all to all that participate and those coaches dedicated to helping these kids mature into young men.

Listen Mister

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: RD on August 04, 2007, 06:14:46 pm

Listen Mister
Rick Schaeffer is in the house?????

Smithian

Big Deal is Nutt's biggest supporter on Hogville. I instantaneously knew who it was posting when I saw the post.

heathwaldrop

You ask a lot of coaches around the state what they think of Nutt and his staff. There aren't many warm and fuzzies, if any at all.

Hoghead

Oh yea the High school programs are getting so good! If that's the case why is the Delta having a hard time keeping programs togather? Look at Barton, once the power of 2A and they're dressing out 19 deep this year. How about Pulaski Oak Grove? They're a 4A School with 29 players. The money schools are doing great. But South Arkansas is being hit hard by no Economic Growth and falling populations. SO it's time to move or watch it fade away. We want even talk about the old facilities that Arkansas has no money to replace them with.

BigDeal

Quote from: Hoghead, Fearless Friday's Mob Boss! on August 13, 2007, 02:16:04 pm
Oh yea the High school programs are getting so good! If that's the case why is the Delta having a hard time keeping programs togather? Look at Barton, once the power of 2A and they're dressing out 19 deep this year. How about Pulaski Oak Grove? They're a 4A School with 29 players. The money schools are doing great. But South Arkansas is being hit hard by no Economic Growth and falling populations. SO it's time to move or watch it fade away. We want even talk about the old facilities that Arkansas has no money to replace them with.

Well the delta problem is due to some unfortunate economics. The kids just aren't there. 
I am very impress with the rise of football programs in Central & NWA. Is that a coincidence ? I think not.

dc24

Quote from: BigDeal on August 14, 2007, 12:55:05 pm
Quote from: Hoghead, Fearless Friday's Mob Boss! on August 13, 2007, 02:16:04 pm

Well the delta problem is due to some unfortunate economics. The kids just aren't there. 
I am very impress with the rise of football programs in Central & NWA. Is that a coincidence ? I think not.

Well their rise and the Delta's fall have little, if anything, to do with the Razorback coaching staff or any other college coaching staff.

Lions84

Amen It is hard to get people to live in a place with too few jobs.  Also in the Delta the football facilities are improved by the booster clubs. The schools do good to pay the coach's salaries .

RAD

This post has been brought to you indirectly by the letter H, the letter D and the letter N.  Thanks to our advertisers.

athletic supporter

Quote from: BUGEATERS on August 01, 2007, 10:17:44 pm
the UA coaches have to pull out alllll the stops to keep the "talent" in Ark from leaving the state.  best way to do that is to make "buddies" of as many hs coaches as you can.  It looks REAL bad on the program if you are the only BIG dog in the state and can't keep your best from leaving.  There is enough, just enough, talent in this state the Nutt and company need to worry.  Ark isn't CA, FL, TX, OH, or PA but after those 5 I don't know of too many states that produce what Ark does.  In the years that Nutt has been at UA he has had enough talent to bring UA into a top tier program, the guy can recruit but he can't coach to save his life. 

I'm just guessing, but what about these other states having more recruits every year: GA, SC, NJ, LA. If you think AR produces more D1 talent than those states then you are CRAZY!!!!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas