• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pocahontas vs. Gosnell

Started by Redskin2015, October 21, 2018, 10:54:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Redskin2015

What's your thoughts on this one, this really could be a toss up with how both teams are playing of late and key injuries to both sides

bigchief72455

Just have to see who returns. It could go either way.

Redskin2015

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 21, 2018, 01:26:31 pm
Just have to see who returns. It could go either way.
The 3 seed looks even less appealing somehow now the 4th and 5th seed looked way better than the 3rd

bigchief72455

It looks like Warren or a teams from the 7 in the finals so far.

hogwildUofA

If Pocahontas can find a way to stop the run they will have a chance, even with injuries. This will be a close game and in my opinion it's a toss up.

Coltfan2005

Redskin2015

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 22, 2018, 02:02:28 pm
Pokey for the win.
Let's hope so that 4th seed doesn't look horrible

etowneraser

So, this season has been very difficult for Pocahontas.   Not sure that the best decision was made at the  beginning of the season making #12 the starting QB.  I certainly don't have insight into the  decision.  Clearly,  #3 didn't have enough snaps under his belt last Friday to effectively run the offense against  Trumann.  On defense,  the Redskins have lacked size and speed all season.   The Team has a big heart and never quits.  Unfortunately,  this will likely  not be enough against a mediocre Gosnell team.  It looks like Coach Baty has his chips all in for the 2020 season.  Gosnell by 14 and I hope that  I'm wrong on this weeks game.

Redskin2015

Quote from: etowneraser on October 22, 2018, 07:38:15 pm
So, this season has been very difficult for Pocahontas.   Not sure that the best decision was made at the  beginning of the season making #12 the starting QB.  I certainly don't have insight into the  decision.  Clearly,  #3 didn't have enough snaps under his belt last Friday to effectively run the offense against  Trumann.  On defense,  the Redskins have lacked size and speed all season.   The Team has a big heart and never quits.  Unfortunately,  this will likely  not be enough against a mediocre Gosnell team.  It looks like Coach Baty has his chips all in for the 2020 season.  Gosnell by 14 and I hope that  I'm wrong on this weeks game.
the big question this week is can Pocahontas find a way to stop the run if they do ill take Pocahontas by 7

Ghs21

If all 3 backs are back and healthy for gosnell pirates by 6

bigchief72455

It will be interesting to see how each team prepares for this week. This is usually a very good game.

Redskin2015

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 22, 2018, 09:20:19 pm
It will be interesting to see how each team prepares for this week. This is usually a very good game.
I'm just ready to see our secondary get to work again it's been a lot of weeks since we've faced a pass first offense

Missco

Pokey by 14. Hope I am wrong but doubt that I am.

TrenchHogs

Being a GHS alum, I want to root for Gosnell. However, now that I live in Central Arkansas and coach down here I can truly say that NEA is weak in football and has been for the past 5 years or so. Jonesboro has way to many districts so close together which spreads the best athletes out to consistently be competitive, Rivercrest, Osceola, and Blytheville will always have a chance based on speed alone but usually lack depth and or quality team discipline. The rest of NEA just doesn't have the size or depth required to compete with South Ark or North West Ark schools.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: TrenchHogs on October 24, 2018, 08:44:48 am
Being a GHS alum, I want to root for Gosnell. However, now that I live in Central Arkansas and coach down here I can truly say that NEA is weak in football and has been for the past 5 years or so. Jonesboro has way to many districts so close together which spreads the best athletes out to consistently be competitive, Rivercrest, Osceola, and Blytheville will always have a chance based on speed alone but usually lack depth and or quality team discipline. The rest of NEA just doesn't have the size or depth required to compete with South Ark or North West Ark schools.
I can agree with this a lot... Jonesboro is the only "large" city in the region, and since the majority of schools are small and don't have depth. The delta teams just seem to always end up with specially-bred players that end up being better than a whole team from this region. It does seem that it's starting to kind of distribute, but south and central Ark will always reign supreme

hogwildUofA

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on October 24, 2018, 09:36:28 am
I can agree with this a lot... Jonesboro is the only "large" city in the region, and since the majority of schools are small and don't have depth. The delta teams just seem to always end up with specially-bred players that end up being better than a whole team from this region. It does seem that it's starting to kind of distribute, but south and central Ark will always reign supreme
Quote from: TrenchHogs on October 24, 2018, 08:44:48 am
I agree with almost everything that you said. I do think that scheme can play a part in this, not always sometimes you just don't have the athletes to compete. Look at Boonevile or other teams in that area that don't have the "athletes to compete" but year in and year out they are very fundamentally sound football team and tough to beat. Pocahontas needs to be in a tight formation running the football because they wont have the athletes to compete on a state level year in and year out. Some years they will have talent and can spread the ball all over the field. That's why Dave Williams had so much success there because he knew he had to consistently run the ball.

ISU7

bigchief72455

It still depends on the talent available. You can consistently run the ball but you may also have to be prepared for the defense to consistently stack 8 or more in the box.

ISU7

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 24, 2018, 10:00:15 am
It still depends on the talent available. You can consistently run the ball but you may also have to be prepared for the defense to consistently stack 8 or more in the box.
Exactly

hogwildUofA

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 24, 2018, 10:00:15 am
Pocahontas had the best athlete on the field in my opinion against Westside and Truman with 8 in the box and they couldn't stop it. I do agree with you talent plays a huge part in all of this but it doesn't mean you can't compete and beat teams with better talent than you.

Shoot even Rivercrest had the better athletes over Westside, just my thought on it.

Redskin2015

I think a staple of a wining offense is a tight end if you got a big guy that can get down the field 5 yards and snag balls consistently with good coverage it opens up so much

TrenchHogs

I think that the biggest issue, not just in NEA but all of Arkansas is kids thinking they can only play one sport.... I know for a fact that there are kids who would rather sit the bench in basketball than be a solid 3 or maybe even 4 star football recruit. In Central Ark...specifically most of the Little Rock schools, this is due to facilities from what we hear from players. All the money goes into these multi million dollar gyms while they have football stadiums that haven't been updated in 40+years. They were talking about this on the radio a few weeks back that some of Arkansas best athletes are not on the football field but rather on the basketball teams bench.
Kids need to learn that being a multi sport athlete is the best thing they could do. One sport betters them in the other.

Redskin2015

Quote from: TrenchHogs on October 24, 2018, 01:56:29 pm
I think that the biggest issue, not just in NEA but all of Arkansas is kids thinking they can only play one sport.... I know for a fact that there are kids who would rather sit the bench in basketball than be a solid 3 or maybe even 4 star football recruit. In Central Ark...specifically most of the Little Rock schools, this is due to facilities from what we hear from players. All the money goes into these multi million dollar gyms while they have football stadiums that haven't been updated in 40+years. They were talking about this on the radio a few weeks back that some of Arkansas best athletes are not on the football field but rather on the basketball teams bench.
Kids need to learn that being a multi sport athlete is the best thing they could do. One sport betters them in the other.
This is true as well, in 2014 we had several basketball kids decide to play football with the new coach coming in and the results was a conference championship

Missco

The winner of this game probably gets the 4th seed. That actually might be the nest seed to have out of the 3-4A.

Redskin2015

October 24, 2018, 11:02:32 pm #24 Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 11:07:12 pm by Redskin2015
Quote from: Missco on October 24, 2018, 10:18:26 pm
The winner of this game probably gets the 4th seed. That actually might be the nest seed to have out of the 3-4A.
besides the 1st your probably right I've been saying that for a while now, and let's not forget how horrific that 3 seed looks lol

MillsFan1985

Quote from: Redskin2015 on October 21, 2018, 10:54:56 am
What's your thoughts on this one, this really could be a toss up with how both teams are playing of late and key injuries to both sides

Who are the injuries on both teams, just curious...

BoldRed420

Quote from: MillsFan1985 on October 25, 2018, 10:48:46 am
Who are the injuries on both teams, just curious...
Pocahontas injuries are Derrick Kimble who would be starting running back with torn acl. Logan Lewallen, starting inside backer, torn acl, mcl, pcl, meniscus. CJ Palmer, one of our top wide receivers, with a shoulder injury. Aaron Wagner who would be a three year starter at outside linebacker with a shoulder injury. Dawson Chester is returning this week from a shoulder injury but it's not known yet how well he will be able to throw coming back. Layne Looney who was starting both ways as a receiver and corner broke his hand in practice the week of Trumann and can now only play defense. I heard one of the Lemm brothers, who play outside linebacker, broke his hand or finger or something in practice this week.

ISU7

Quote from: BoldRed420 on October 26, 2018, 09:14:09 am
Pocahontas injuries are Derrick Kimble who would be starting running back with torn acl. Logan Lewallen, starting inside backer, torn acl, mcl, pcl, meniscus. CJ Palmer, one of our top wide receivers, with a shoulder injury. Aaron Wagner who would be a three year starter at outside linebacker with a shoulder injury. Dawson Chester is returning this week from a shoulder injury but it's not known yet how well he will be able to throw coming back. Layne Looney who was starting both ways as a receiver and corner broke his hand in practice the week of Trumann and can now only play defense. I heard one of the Lemm brothers, who play outside linebacker, broke his hand or finger or something in practice this week.
Dang Pokey is now the Pocahontas M.A.S.H 😪😪

bigchief72455

Quote from: ISU7 on October 26, 2018, 01:52:21 pm
Dang Pokey is now the Pocahontas M.A.S.H 😪😪
That many injuries does a lot to a team. But bless them. They do not give up or throw in the towel.

bigchief72455

Won't be long before I head out to watch the game. Gonna be a cool night tonight. Everybody keep warm and let's enjoy a good injury free game tonight.

elvis26

;D amen bigchief!!!!! I hope pokey beats Gosnell tonight!!!!

bigchief72455

Well it just wasn't in the cards tonight. Good game Gosnell.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas