• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magazine @ Mountainburg

Started by Hornet4ever, October 20, 2018, 10:50:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet4ever

Big game for Magazine Friday....

Magazine has to win here, Mountainburg playing very well right now. Who wins?

Bearden_Bear72

My gut says magazine but my brain is telling me Mountainburg 😆.  Gonna be a good one.  I don't think ether team win by more then 10

alaskanstorm

Already a thread started but I'm gonna take the rattler by 8

rattlerfan24

I'll weigh in later in week.  Magazine will need to play incredibly well to win this game.

beach bum

Hawgpilot

Hornet4ever

Quote from: alaskanstorm on October 20, 2018, 11:02:15 am
Already a thread started but I'm gonna take the rattler by 8

My bad, didn't see it.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: beach bum on October 20, 2018, 01:23:57 pm
Mountainburg 55 Magazine 28

This seems like a probable score. Magazine will probably score some points, but I think Burg offense is too good.

rattlerfan24

Winner of this game very likely earns a first round playoff bye......then plays Mt Ida, Foreman, or Gurdon in 1st game of playoffs (second round)

rattlerfan24

4th seed looks to have "easier" road to the 3rd round...

AR_dawg3

So are you saying y'all don't want to win conference now? You think winning the conference and getting a first round bye is a bad idea?

Hornet4ever

Quote from: AR_dawg3 on October 21, 2018, 11:05:04 pm
So are you saying y'all don't want to win conference now? You think winning the conference and getting a first round bye is a bad idea?

Nobody is saying that, he's just stating who appears to have the easiest road into the he playoffs.

alaskanstorm

Please dawg, the rattlers mind set right now is line them up someone's has to send them home might as well be us.  Ziners by 8

rattlerfan24

Quote from: AR_dawg3 on October 21, 2018, 11:05:04 pm
absolutely not, I'd rather win a conference championship......

Coach Jones

The burg don't necessarily run people over, they use more of a deception and misdirection.  I figure Magazine will be disciplined and  read the keys.  His Freshness will scheme it up, and make it a great game.  Should be a great game for sure.

AR_dawg3

I figure win conference and whoever we play we play! If you go all the way you will have to play them at some point anyway!

AR_dawg3

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: Coach Jones on October 22, 2018, 10:14:20 am
The burg don't necessarily run people over, they use more of a deception and misdirection.  I figure Magazine will be disciplined and  read the keys.  His Freshness will scheme it up, and make it a great game.  Should be a great game for sure.

They ran it over Hackett......   straight down our throats.... repeatedly.... big #39 up the gut, 5-10 yards at a time...

Dragonsvoice

I am glad you started a new thread I felt bad after I posted the topic titled the Ratzs couldn't change it sorry magaziners was caught up in the moment of the win and everything else said on other threads no disrespect from the DV just having fun. I am sure it will be a great game Friday still going with the Burgers by two TD"S

Dragonsvoice

I think I am ready to pick a score the Burg 108 the Rattles 92

alaskanstorm

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on October 23, 2018, 05:44:20 pm
I am glad you started a new thread I felt bad after I posted the topic titled the Ratzs couldn't change it sorry magaziners was caught up in the moment of the win and everything else said on other threads no disrespect from the DV just having fun. I am sure it will be a great game Friday still going with the Burgers by two TD"S
Don't think twice about it DV, we've just come to the conclusion and accepted anyone from da burg can't spell.

Prouddragondad

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on October 23, 2018, 11:46:16 am
They ran it over Hackett......   straight down our throats.... repeatedly.... big #39 up the gut, 5-10 yards at a time...
I'm glad you said this. Everyone just thinks we are fast and not physical. We can play the physical game to especially with #39. He is a big boy and hard to bring down plus our line really does a good job of blocking. We got some big boys on the line to.

Dragonsvoice

is the Astorm flying in for this game. Cant wait gonna be a good game

alaskanstorm

No probably gonna have to catch it through the airways.

RATTLER43

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on October 23, 2018, 05:44:20 pm

Agreed.  Don't give it a second thought.  I've always thought we were on here to razz each other just like the bar scene in Invincible between Giants gal and Eagles fans.  All in good fun.

Hoping for a classic game.

alaskanstorm

Quote from: Prouddragondad on October 23, 2018, 06:36:44 pm
I'm glad you said this. Everyone just thinks we are fast and not physical. We can play the physical game to especially with #39. He is a big boy and hard to bring down plus our line really does a good job of blocking. We got some big boys on the line to.
Pdd it is not gonna happen.  Friday night Faughnvang is going to be bringing his Steve Atwater mentality, putting your #39 on his back just like Cristian Okoye and that will be the end of trying to run through the ratters.  'ziners roll

Prouddragondad

Man the Vang's had a lot of kids. Every player you talk about last name is Vang lol!

alaskanstorm

Actually your confusing them with the Yang clan who would cleat an opponents hand just for giggles.  The Vang clan is ruthless they not only cleat hands but they also spit in your eye just to make sure you know it.  But yes magazines Yang is going to lead the rattlers to victory Friday and the rattlers 4th claim to a conference championship, just like his cousin Long Yang did in 2011.  Pit Vipers strike and spoil da 'burgs party.

Prouddragondad

My bad I did get them confused but it want matter. This is Sr night and our boys have been waiting on this game for awhile and are ready to go get that title. I truly believe this is our year.

alaskanstorm

Quote from: Prouddragondad on October 24, 2018, 11:33:30 am
My bad I did get them confused but it want matter. This is Sr night and our boys have been waiting on this game for awhile and are ready to go get that title. I truly believe this is our year.
you can want da 'burgs seniors to go out with a bang friday nights all you want but it won't happen as da dragons get snake bit.

AR_dawg3

I would love to see the kid that's going to put #39 on his back every time he runs😂it's not going to happen, he can tell you he is going to get the ball and still run through y'all for 10+ yards! Just a heads up Alaskanstorm you are going to make this game worse then what it should be😂on Sunday I said we would win by 2 TDS but I hope you keep making comments like that cause if so we will win by 36+!

alaskanstorm

the rattlers are up to the challenge dawg.  the last time y'all had a big boy at QB the rattlers put on a second half clinic on how to stop him.  if i remember correctly, i don't recall da 'burg recovering from that game bc the rattlers showed the rest of the state how to stop da burgs offense, in its tracks, that night. i expect more of the same this friday night.

AR_dawg3

That's the thing, years past  we only had a couple of guys on a team that play makers!!  But Unless you can put on a clinic of how to stop 11 guys in one game then you don't stand a chance! Heck really more then that we have guys that don't play a down of offense that can come in and make plays! But #39 knows now that y'all think y'all can put him on his back so be ready for the hit stick to be on! And oh man can he truck a kid!

alaskanstorm

all the rattlers have to do is wrap him up and it won't be long before someone comes in and finishes him off.  It is hard to truck someone when your wheels are flat.

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: alaskanstorm on October 24, 2018, 12:31:54 pm
the rattlers are up to the challenge dawg.  the last time y'all had a big boy at QB the rattlers put on a second half clinic on how to stop him.  if i remember correctly, i don't recall da 'burg recovering from that game bc the rattlers showed the rest of the state how to stop da burgs offense, in its tracks, that night. i expect more of the same this friday night.
[/q

the year you are referencing, is that when they had the lineman that played qb?   Broke his leg or something?

alaskanstorm

that's the year, didn't break his leg in the magazine game, don't know about later on. 

Prouddragondad

Quote from: alaskanstorm on October 24, 2018, 12:31:54 pm
That team didn't have the talent this team does. They played hard but being serious they couldn't have beat teams from the last 4 years. This years team has way more options and a better line. I guess we will continue to have fun and disagree with each other till Friday gets here. Maybe this will make the days go by faster.

yeitman3

Mountainburg had over 300 rushing yards against the rats last year, 185 of those yards coming from the QB. #39 has taken over his role as a dominating interior run threat. And it sounds like the unsportsmanlike attitude has continued through the years because some rats players did some things to burg players once a pile started that we can't mention on here. I'm gonna guess it will be a long physical night for the rats.

alaskanstorm

Pdd and Yettie da 'burg may be bigger and da 'burg may be faster. but I'm going to paraphrase a john Wayne quote that summarizes this situation perfectly.  "The rattlers have been broken more than once this year.  and yet on the rattlers worst day they could beat the heck out of da 'burg."

yeitman3

I might be mistaken but I don't recall a John Wayne quote saying that... Do you mind sharing your source for this quote so I can check for myself?

Prouddragondad

Quote from: alaskanstorm on October 24, 2018, 02:22:32 pm
Pdd and Yettie da 'burg may be bigger and da 'burg may be faster. but I'm going to paraphrase a john Wayne quote that summarizes this situation perfectly.  "The rattlers have been broken more than once this year.  and yet on the rattlers worst day they could beat the heck out of da 'burg."
That's a good one. Made me laugh! Thanks I needed a good laugh.

AR_dawg3

You have to stop him first! Hard to stop something that's already hit you! Yalls best bet is to just let him hit y'all and hope he falls over their body that's about the only way he will go down! And then after we hurt your feelings inside, we bring the speed! And oh man are we fast! Y'all will probably when the game if you can keep it out of #6,#5,#39,#14,#8,#20,#4,#17 hands!!😂😂if you can just stop those guys then y'all got this

alaskanstorm

i'll give you a clue mr nightlinger.

alaskanstorm

great movie yeti, if you haven't seen it, you need to watch it.

yeitman3

My name is actually yeit not yeti

alaskanstorm

Quote from: AR_dawg3 on October 24, 2018, 02:28:22 pm
You have to stop him first! Hard to stop something that's already hit you! Yalls best bet is to just let him hit y'all and hope he falls over their body that's about the only way he will go down! And then after we hurt your feelings inside, we bring the speed! And oh man are we fast! Y'all will probably when the game if you can keep it out of #6,#5,#39,#14,#8,#20,#4,#17 hands!!😂😂if you can just stop those guys then y'all got this
so yalls line consists of a center and two guards.  This should be a piece of cake.

alaskanstorm

AR_dawg3

Where is the rest of the rattlers fan base? I can recall 3 or 4 weeks ago a bunch of the rattler fans finally coming out from under the rock they be living under since 2013 now we got nothing? We had to read 100 story's about how good y'all were 8 years ago and now it's almost like they are scared!

alaskanstorm

People from magazine work for a living dawg, they will show up tonight. 

AR_dawg3

Oh really? Had no idea! Just thought it was funny 3 weeks ago y'all posted from sun up to sun down now they all are to busy! It's called riding the bandwagon but looks like people are getting off left and right! I don't blame them Cause come Friday night we will be using yalls bandwagon for a nice fire to celebrate our win!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas