• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bauxite @ Arkadelphia!

Started by JoeWho, October 19, 2018, 10:00:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeWho

October 19, 2018, 10:00:08 pm Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 10:08:26 pm by JoeWho
  ;D
While great pleasure,  I start the post as #1 Bauxite will head to Arkadelphia.  This is going to be good. 
Bauxite proves why they are now #1 in the 7-4A. 

But,  It's not over.  Arkadelphia (after going 0-5) has a chance to rock the rankings.  Major showdown is coming!!

Go BADGERS!!!!!

Digger#23

No doubt Joe.  We can't wait till Friday.

Digger#23

justafan33

Arkadelphia is usually well coached and discipline.  This is the game on the schedule that it's going to be tough for sure for the Miners. 

beaverfan007

Bauxite is gonna run it down there throat 38-21

SUGARTOWN

Beware of a let down after a big emotional win and going on the road to play a pretty good team.

justafan33

Hard to be up 9 weeks in a row, however this group of seniors are very mature and will be focused by next Friday.  Control the ball and don't give up big plays.

Football_Fan25

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 20, 2018, 07:42:54 am
Beware of a let down after a big emotional win and going on the road to play a pretty good team.

I would agree with you, main thing is they have got to quit fumbling and if they do that then they will be fine.  Easier to play with the lead then always playing behind.  Our offense is capable of scoring every possession and very little the other team can do.  No penalties or fumbles and should be a good game.

HoneyBadger1996

Quote from: beaverfan007 on October 20, 2018, 07:30:23 am
Bauxite is gonna run it down there throat 38-21

Have you even watched us this year, we are the real deal.  We rolling now and will make sure to take care of business this Friday night.  Dabbs won't have 100 yards against us and you can take that to the Bank. 

beaverfan007

There gonna control the clock go on big 6 + minute drives and score

moneyminers

Quote from: HoneyBadger1996 on October 20, 2018, 02:41:39 pm
Have you even watched us this year, we are the real deal.  We rolling now and will make sure to take care of business this Friday night.  Dabbs won't have 100 yards against us and you can take that to the Bank.
Tough to say that he won't even have 100 yards when it was tough for the #2 team in the state to contain him. It should be a good game for sure

HoneyBadger1996

Quote from: moneyminers on October 20, 2018, 04:07:36 pm
Tough to say that he won't even have 100 yards when it was tough for the #2 team in the state to contain him. It should be a good game for sure

We ain't Robinson and darn sure not Nashville, wish we had them again because we would blow them out, for god sake Nashville got beat by HHG.  We're finding our stride and playoff bound....

moneyminers

Quote from: HoneyBadger1996 on October 20, 2018, 05:59:48 pm
We ain't Robinson and darn sure not Nashville, wish we had them again because we would blow them out, for god sake Nashville got beat by HHG.  We're finding our stride and playoff bound....
giving all applause to you and your badgers. but c'mon now man, correct me if i'm wrong but Robinson SPANKED y'all. not saying that Arky hasn't begun to come around and show signs but I do think that Bauxite team has just that outstanding edge going into the game.

Oldbadger

Quote from: moneyminers on October 20, 2018, 11:08:01 pm
giving all applause to you and your badgers. but c'mon now man, correct me if i'm wrong but Robinson SPANKED y'all. not saying that Arky hasn't begun to come around and show signs but I do think that Bauxite team has just that outstanding edge going into the game.
Feels kinda weird coming from a Bauxite poster. They are getting kinda giddy at this new thing called "winning". I understand the  feeling but this ain't the same Badgers of a month ago. They aren't cocky and self-absorbed like last weeks Bauxite opponent. They are on a mission, be prepared Bauxite, be prepared.

beaverfan007

justafan33

Arkadelphia is a good team. Definitely not to be overlooked

MT Legend

How did Bauxite a team that only beat Des Arc by 1.beat Robinson? Was they overlooking DA? I don't get it.

Hawgpilot

Quote from: MT Legend on October 21, 2018, 11:33:31 am
How did Bauxite a team that only beat Des Arc by 1.beat Robinson? Was they overlooking DA? I don't get it.

What are your thoughts on it?  Mine would be that certainly is a possibility  and likely that Bauxite was over looking DA.  That's human nature.  It's the "I'm bigger than you so I don't really have to worry about you" mindset that every human at one point or another has had.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Hawgpilot on October 21, 2018, 12:02:40 pm
What are your thoughts on it?  Mine would be that certainly is a possibility  and likely that Bauxite was over looking DA.  That's human nature.  It's the "I'm bigger than you so I don't really have to worry about you" mindset that every human at one point or another has had.
Sometimes it takes winning a few games to begin thinking and playing like winner. Seems like the Miners have seen they can win and now believe they can win.

Oldbadger

My feeling is that the Senators felt that all they had to do was show up. Looks like they didn't. It's alright to be confident but you still have to play the game. Badgers won't make that mistake. They now have something to prove and will leave it all on the field. May have to outscore them kinda like Des Arc almost did. Go Badgers!!!

beaverfan007

Robinson couldn't stop the run bauxite made big plays all night and even gave Robinson chances to blow the game open but their defense held Robinson and made the stops when they had to

eaglefan200

The Robinson scoreline for Arkadelphia is deceiving. Arkadelphia was down 13-7 at half but had chance to go up 14-13 on last play of half if not for a bizarre offensive pass interference call where two Robinson players ran into each other. Badgers then give up 14 points in last two minutes of the game as the coach was taking risks to try and get a score in rather than lay down. Margin of victory was deceiving there as the Badgers played a very good game against Robinson, minus three or four mistakes where the Senators made them pay.

eaglefan200

I definitely can see the Badgers coming out on top in this one. Arkadelphia has one of the best front seven's in the state and is usually well-prepared for run-heavy teams. Neither Harmony Grove or Ashdown could get anything going on the ground against the Badger defense. While Bauxite has a much better T attack than either of those teams, I can't see them putting together too many long, run-heavy drives against the Badger defense. Badger offensive-line is made up of all underclassmen and is finally gelling. The Badgers' slow start to the season is causing many teams to overlook them, and an emotional win over Robinson last week could likely result in a letdown this week for Bauxite. Look for Arkadelphia to shake up the standings and make the 7-4A playoff race very interesting heading into Week 10.

Oldbadger

Some people look at the 0 and five start and write the Badgers off. It was one of the toughest non-conference schedules at least for 4A schools. With the exception of Benton they made a good showing. Should have beaten Sylvan Hills, could have beaten Wynne, had a good chance to beat Nashville, and played Robinson tough. They need to stack the box, make sure every receiver is covered. They can win. Win the turnover battle and the game is theirs.

justafan33

Remember this, Bauxite will stay Hungry. They will not let up,  playing with a chip on their shoulder.  These boys will not take a week off,  they will not be complacent. They have been at the bottom and know they aren't finished.  They are playing better every week as well.  This should be a great game.  Arky is a good team and will be ready to play as well. Harmony grove rushing attack doesn't compare to the Miners.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 21, 2018, 09:11:46 pm
Some people look at the 0 and five start and write the Badgers off. It was one of the toughest non-conference schedules at least for 4A schools. With the exception of Benton they made a good showing. Should have beaten Sylvan Hills, could have beaten Wynne, had a good chance to beat Nashville, and played Robinson tough. They need to stack the box, make sure every receiver is covered. They can win. Win the turnover battle and the game is theirs.
Gave it to Nashville on a silver platter.

NWA Hawg

What does Bauxite do offensively? I know at one point the we're running the flexbone. Is that still the case?

moneyminers

Quote from: fann07 on October 22, 2018, 07:38:18 am
What does Bauxite do offensively? I know at one point the we're running the flexbone. Is that still the case?
this year they're primarily Dead T

JoeWho

I think this game will be close.  Obviously, Bauxite is really good.  They are on a roll (and after taking down Joe T), they are #1 in 7-4a.  Even if they lose at Arkadelphia, they will still be #1 in 7-4A.  A win for Bauxite locks the one seed.  Arkadelphia is struck at forth seed unless they win out, and Nashville lose to Bauxite. 

Does Arkadelphia hope for rain?

Oldbadger

Of course we can't know for sure who will win between these two teams. The Badgers are not the same team they were a month ago. The 'T' formation is a formidable offense but it can be stopped "dead" in its tracks. Ask Harding University. Badgers need to score on every possession. Take advantage of all the fumbles that are inevitable with this offense. Dont get caught on trick plays. They need to focus on getting someone inside the exchange zone every play to disrupt the handoff and cause fumbles. Simple!lol

JoeWho

Quote from: JoeWho on October 19, 2018, 10:00:08 pm
  ;D
With great pleasure,  I start the post as #1 Bauxite will head to Arkadelphia.  This is going to be good. 
Bauxite proves why they are now #1 in the 7-4A. 

But,  It's not over.  Arkadelphia (after going 0-5) has a chance to rock the rankings.  Major showdown is coming!!

Go BADGERS!!!!!

JoeWho

October 24, 2018, 07:52:19 pm #31 Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 07:53:56 pm by JoeWho
Someday, I will get the hang of posting on this site. (As my mistake above this comment would indicate)  Someday, I going to retire too.  I just don't know when.  I really wish the Badger's passing game was better at this point.  Our Passing game is not nearly as good as last year. After the HHG game, I have to wondered - How good is Bauxite?  Of course, The HHG vs Nashville game really surprised me.  To be honest, HHG really did not impress me when they were at Arkadelphia.  Since I have such a great seat, I told one of the HHG players that they needed to start gambling.  They where down 21 by that time.   Bauxite better be ready to play.  The Badgers are primed to take down #1.  As old Ric Flair uses to say - "To be the man, you got to beat the man!"  I thinking now that the Badgers will be the man   just - one - more - time!  WOOO!

MillsFan1985

Honestly, I think this is a big chance for Arkadelphia to break the whole state rankings, if they somehow after starting 0-5 come and beat undefeated Bauxite, it's gonna be crazy.

youhavenoidea

Bauxite by two scores...Arkadelphia can load the box, have linemen moving around, run punt block, or use whatever they want...
Bauxite 34  Arkadelphia 21

MillsFan1985

Quote from: youhavenoidea on October 25, 2018, 11:17:31 am
Bauxite by two scores...Arkadelphia can load the box, have linemen moving around, run punt block, or use whatever they want...
Bauxite 34  Arkadelphia 21

Hey Arkadelphia has been pretty hot lately, you cant count them out... I say its closer than this possibly even the other way around.

bearfan

The Dirty Delph by 10, I think they come out ready to play considering it is their senior night.

MillsFan1985

Quote from: bearfan on October 25, 2018, 11:48:55 am
The Dirty Delph by 10, I think they come out ready to play considering it is their senior night.

I might have to agree with you right here...

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bearfan on October 25, 2018, 11:48:55 am
Dirty Delph?

MillsFan1985

Quote from: Oldman on October 25, 2018, 01:21:10 pm
Dirty Delph?

Yeah i'm not sure when they started saying this nickname either.

bearfan

Quote from: MillsFan1985 on October 25, 2018, 01:25:52 pm
Yeah i'm not sure when they started saying this nickname either.
Something I just made up

Jimbo Morphis

MillsFan1985

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 23, 2018, 09:59:37 pm
Of course we can't know for sure who will win between these two teams. The Badgers are not the same team they were a month ago. The 'T' formation is a formidable offense but it can be stopped "dead" in its tracks. Ask Harding University. Badgers need to score on every possession. Take advantage of all the fumbles that are inevitable with this offense. Dont get caught on trick plays. They need to focus on getting someone inside the exchange zone every play to disrupt the handoff and cause fumbles. Simple!lol

This is exactly what I've tried to tell some Bauxite people and they just wont believe me, they think just because Arkadelphia is 3-5 that it will be a easy game, they better not get too confident or they may get a little shock on Friday night.

bearfan

Quote from: Oldman on October 25, 2018, 02:24:07 pm
-1 just stop
Well your name is Oldman so I see why you don't like it

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Both teams are playing well, and teams need to be at this time of the year in hopes
of a deep playoff run. As long as the Miners aren't overly excited about last week victory, I think they control the clock again and win this one.

Jimbo Morphis

Digger#23

BirdFlu

Digger#23

HoneyBadger1996

Quote from: MillsFan1985 on October 25, 2018, 02:46:28 pm
This is exactly what I've tried to tell some Bauxite people and they just wont believe me, they think just because Arkadelphia is 3-5 that it will be a easy game, they better not get too confident or they may get a little shock on Friday night.

Hope it's an close game.   But we're just not that good and definitely not the same team as last year.   Too many distractions going on with some players on defense off the field.   Also don't believe the coaches are preparing them like they have in the past.

mharris31696

I saw Bauxite back in August against Glen Rose. I left unimpressed with them after Glen Rose barely beat Malvern the week before. I thought Bauxite would put it on them but only won by about 12. They've obviously gotten better since then. If this game was at the pit I would take Bauxite but I'm going with the home team tonight.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas