• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe T Robinson @ Bauxite 7-4A

Started by RyanLR, October 13, 2018, 11:41:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

moneyminers

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on October 14, 2018, 09:09:16 pm
Still a rollover win until Bauxite proves otherwise.
7-0 should prove otherwise. Beating teams that have stomped us in the past decade should prove otherwise. No intimidation factor out of the players or fans should prove otherwise. Just because we haven't played "The big 3" yet surely shouldn't be the only justification you have that why Bauxite isn't a rollover anymore.

scrapman

I do believe that the 4 conference teams that they have played have 3 conference wins between them all...and they are against each other. That is the point. Not that they are 7-0. Not anything to do with past history. HG is new, Malvern, Ashdown, FL are way down from previous years. Everything to do with their body of work this year. Beating some of the smallest schools in the state that play football along with who they have played is what it is based on.

VanillaThunder

Quote from: scrapman on October 13, 2018, 03:01:21 pm
Bauxite is a lot like Trump. Probably get a lot more respect if they would just keep their mouth shut.  They have played good and deserve some but lame comments keeps their team from getting it.
i'm sure the coaches and players at bauxite care about what "scrapman" has to say... we can get out the tape measures and argue all day, but bottom line is bauxite is a real threat in this conference. for all you pro posters out there, i doubt your disagreement with the success of the miners has much affect on how the mines feel

Digger#23

This Friday night is your "otherwise". You've been put on notice.  Now, please continue with your "dead horse" point.

VanillaThunder

Quote from: scrapman on October 13, 2018, 01:12:34 pm
It is not down talk it has been stating facts. Bauxite has been terrible for a long time so when people tell you that they're terrible that's not considered down talk it's considered telling the truth. There is a difference.
7-0 & blowing the same teams that thrashed the miners 2 years ago = they r terrible

Coach9586

As a Bauxite alum and who was part of the group that first pioneered the 7-4a, (we went 1-9, 1-9, & 2-8) Bauxite is having an amazing year and they should be proud so far. The fans should be proud that they have something worth cheering for, but I encourage the boys (and fans) to stay disciplined and not let the success go to their heads. They need to approach each week as if they are 0-0. And if they win, to win with class. Parents, supporters, and others on here need to maintain composure and stay classy.

soccerman

It will be a good game come Friday night, but I feel as Robinson just has too many weapons that the Bauxite defense can't stop. Along with their speed and big line on defense, don't think the Miner offense will get rolling. 35-14

VanillaThunder

Quote from: Coach9586 on October 15, 2018, 08:14:49 am
As a Bauxite alum and who was part of the group that first pioneered the 7-4a, (we went 1-9, 1-9, & 2-8) Bauxite is having an amazing year and they should be proud so far. The fans should be proud that they have something worth cheering for, but I encourage the boys (and fans) to stay disciplined and not let the success go to their heads. They need to approach each week as if they are 0-0. And if they win, to win with class. Parents, supporters, and others on here need to maintain composure and stay classy.
hard to stay upbeat and classy when half the people on here are praying on our downfall

Dminer023

The miners are okay with being the underdog they are used to it but that just means they have nothing to lose. That's scary for Robinson in my opinion. Most teams that have nothing to lose play all out. I bet the Miners do just that.

Coach9586

Quote from: VanillaThunder on October 15, 2018, 08:19:57 am
hard to stay upbeat and classy when half the people on here are praying on our downfall

Let it be motivation. Respond to adversity. The only people that matter are in the locker room. All the things a coach says like that are usually true. Its up to the players to buy into that.

VanillaThunder

Quote from: Coach9586 on October 15, 2018, 08:27:04 am
Let it be motivation. Respond to adversity. The only people that matter are in the locker room. All the things a coach says like that are usually true. Its up to the players to buy into that.
You really do sound like a coach from back in the good ole days. Just trying to defend those boys, sucks they work so hard just to get trash talked on this website

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Dminer023 on October 15, 2018, 08:24:12 am
The miners are okay with being the underdog they are used to it but that just means they have nothing to lose. That's scary for Robinson in my opinion. Most teams that have nothing to lose play all out. I bet the Miners do just that.

Miners have nothing to lose? An undefeated season, a conference title and potential #1 seed is definitely SOMETHING to lose. They have just as much on the line as Robinson.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: beaverfan007 on October 13, 2018, 11:44:33 am
Is this for the conference title if bauxite wins and beats Nashville and arkadelphia
Sooooooooooo you're asking if Bauxite wins every game if they will be conference champs?

VanillaThunder

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 15, 2018, 08:39:15 am
Miners have nothing to lose? An undefeated season, a conference title and potential #1 seed is definitely SOMETHING to lose. They have just as much on the line as Robinson.
Yeah but you've gotta think, nobody other than bauxite fans are picking them for this game. Nobody expects them to win

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: VanillaThunder on October 15, 2018, 08:54:06 am
Yeah but you've gotta think, nobody other than bauxite fans are picking them for this game. Nobody expects them to win

I'm sure they expect to win though, right? This is the biggest game for Bauxite in years.

VanillaThunder

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 15, 2018, 08:55:31 am
I'm sure they expect to win though, right? This is the biggest game for Bauxite in years.
I'm sure they do as well. The thing about there not being much pressure, I agree with that because the odds are against them, they are predicted to lose, and nobody thinks they will. That's gotta take a huge load off. And on the flip side of it, if Robinson loses to Bauxite two things will happen. People will recognize Bauxite as a real threat, and Robinson will face severe ridicule. If Bauxite loses, I doubt anybody who doesn't support the miners will be very shocked.

Lumberjackfan1978

Bauxite has improved this year and should be proud of there team I don't think they will beat Robinson but we will see soon find out

moneyminers

IMO, both teams have a lot at stake. Potential conference championship as mentioned. Future playoff seeding is a big one and Bauxite's undefeated record. Though predictions are for Robinson to thrash Bauxite, both teams are gonna have to come out and play their best this week and try to be 1-0 at the end of the night. So Bauxite does have something to lose and so does Robinson

PermaBan

HeberFan

Gray lizard

Will be keeping a watch on this game.  Is this the year Robinson completes a season the way they should have many times before or will they stumble.  The past has show Robinson never seems to finish.  I think this is the year they turn the corner, but I have thought that before.

beaverfan007

It's on 103.7 the buzz I'm picking bauxite in an upset 42-28 I realize it probably won't happen but it could

Digger#23

October 15, 2018, 07:25:26 pm #72 Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 07:44:53 pm by Digger#23
Quote from: scrapman on October 13, 2018, 03:14:54 pm
My point exactally. You talk of what you know nothing about....
By the way, how's that coaching search going?

Richboy and scrapman...you two remind me of that SNL cartoon.  What was it called?  Oh yes, now I remember.  The Ambiguously Gay Duo.  Not that there's anything  wrong with that.  You two are a couple of little huddle buddies.  Nashville fans go on and on and on about their  junior high record.  Who cares. Nashville, ugly orange jerseys and average players to fill them.  Arky, let's not forget you.  You obviously validate your "Lil Buddy's"excuse about Ashdown is a rivalry game, yada yada yada.  I compared scores because your Pal from Nastyville likes to make excuses about their poor play this past Friday.  Here is what I do know,  both of your schools will swallow a big fat L given to you from the Miners.  It won't feel good but hey, it's what you're best at. Digger don't play.

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: Digger#23 on October 15, 2018, 07:25:26 pm
Richboy and scrapman...you two remind me of that SNL cartoon.  What was it called?  Oh yes, now I remember.  The Ambiguously Gay Duo.  Not that there's anything  wrong with that.  You two are a couple of little huddle buddies.  Nashville fans go on and on and on about their  junior high record.  Who cares. Nashville, ugly orange jerseys and average players to fill them.  Arky, let's not forget you.  You obviously validate your "Lil Buddy's"excuse about Ashdown is a rivalry game, yada yada yada.  I compared scores because your Pal from Nastyville likes to make excuses about their poor play this past Friday.  Here is what I do know,  both of your schools will swallow a big fat L given to you from the Miners.  It won't feel good but hey, it's what your best at. Digger don't play.

A nerve has been struck.

Digger#23

Not at all crush.  Should have put you in there too.  You fit the bill.

Digger#23

Come on now,  you're taking way too long to respond.  Did you need to phone a friend? Lol

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: Digger#23 on October 15, 2018, 07:47:36 pm
Come on now,  you're taking way too long to respond.  Did you need to phone a friend? Lol
Does anyone know a safe place this guy could go? Somewhere with padded walls and pillows.

Digger#23

Beach Bum if I include you with the other three you guys can make a circle.  Ok now that we got the 3 and four seeds out of the way, maybe Robinson fans and Bauxite fans can talk ball.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Digger#23 on October 15, 2018, 07:50:41 pm
Beach Bum if I include you with the other three you guys can make a circle.  Ok now that we got the 3 and four seeds out of the way, maybe Robinson fans and Bauxite fans can talk ball.

basketball?

Digger#23

I knew I could count on you colt.  heck, I thought we'd buried the hatchet. No??

VanillaThunder

RyanLR

Hootens:
JOE T. ROBINSON (16) at Bauxite:
Undefeated Bauxite off to its best start since 2006, when the Miners started 12-0 before losing in the quarterfinals. They average more than 40 ppg this year behind senior linemen Seth Everett (6-2 ,235) and Broc Seyfert (6-0, 270). Senior QB Seth McDowell has 104 carries this fall for 705 yards and 14 TDs, and he has three TD passes. Senior Dawson Dabbs has 98 carries for 790 yards and eight TDs. Joe T. Robinson has won six straight games. Senior QB Greyson Tackett has completed 48 of 94 passes (51 percent) for 798 yards and nine TDs with two interceptions. Robinson defensive linemen Zach Williams (47 tackles, 10 sacks) and Davis Wofford (30 tackles) "wreak havoc," Bauxite coach Daryl Patton says. "It's the best high school defensive line I've seen, and that includes at (Class 7A) Bryant and Fayetteville."

Digger#23

It's going to be a great game Ryan. 

VanillaThunder

Robinson does have some big ole guys

Coach9586

I don't guess some people read my earlier post about staying humble. Pride cometh before the fall. I hope I'm wrong though

VanillaThunder

Quote from: Coach9586 on October 16, 2018, 08:12:55 am
I don't guess some people read my earlier post about staying humble. Pride cometh before the fall. I hope I'm wrong though
It's hard to portray sarcasm on this website. I believe a lot of us mean some of the stuff we say sarcastically, but the point doesn't get across and people think we're being ignorant or cocky.

FootballFan00

Quote from: VanillaThunder on October 16, 2018, 08:17:05 am
It's hard to portray sarcasm on this website. I believe a lot of us mean some of the stuff we say sarcastically, but the point doesn't get across and people think we're being ignorant or cocky.
or obnoxious

VanillaThunder

Coach9586

It'll be a close game, very low scoring which is unusual for both teams this year. Miners win 24-21 game winning field goal by that kicker who can kick 45+

Redwolves8526

Who is Bauxite? This will be a mercy rule game.

HeberFan

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on October 16, 2018, 08:55:35 am
Who is Bauxite? This will be a mercy rule game.

Glad you think that highly of Bauxite, but, don't think they will win by mercy rule.

soccerman

Quote from: Coach9586 on October 16, 2018, 08:38:32 am
It'll be a close game, very low scoring which is unusual for both teams this year. Miners win 24-21 game winning field goal by that kicker who can kick 45+
Has he done it this year? From what I've been told, Bauxite special teams aren't that good this year.

Coach9586

Quote from: soccerman on October 16, 2018, 09:32:22 am
Has he done it this year? From what I've been told, Bauxite special teams aren't that good this year.

Bauxite scores touchdowns and he doesn't get many chances. According to maxpreps his longest is 32. But I have heard rumors of 45+ through the top of the uprights in practice. Granted the situation is different in a game but still impressive.

Digger#23

Digger#23

From what I've seen, the Special teams are solid.  Good return game, pretty good coverage team. Staying in lanes could probably be better but overall it's solid.  Sometimes the other team has good special teams as well so I think you have to give credit where it's due.

moneyminers

Bauxite does have one kicker that's an exchange student from Austria. No soccer or rugby background but has a tremendous foot on him. He's usually the deep ball kicker and can kick 47-48 consistently. Doesn't have the technique of a traditional kicker but once he gets that down, he's booming it from 52+ possibly

VanillaThunder

October 16, 2018, 12:36:26 pm #96 Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 12:38:19 pm by VanillaThunder
Quote from: soccerman on October 16, 2018, 09:32:22 am
The few he's missed were because of some bad snaps/holds. Other areas in special teams are pretty good as well, they scored a TD on kick return last week, but every now and then kick off coverage looks poor.

justafan33

Robinson better have their hats buckled tight, the Miners are playing very physical this year.  If the Senators overlook this team on Friday and could end up loosing.  I don't think that Robinson is considered a better team, it is just that the Miners are being judged by their past records.  That is why both teams will suit up and see who will be sitting undefeated in conference.  Both teams have talent and much different styles of offense.  Turnovers and penalties could be the deciding factor.

HeberFan

Quote from: justafan33 on October 16, 2018, 01:56:33 pm
Robinson better have their hats buckled tight, the Miners are playing very physical this year.  If the Senators overlook this team on Friday and could end up loosing.  I don't think that Robinson is considered a better team, it is just that the Miners are being judged by their past records.  That is why both teams will suit up and see who will be sitting undefeated in conference.  Both teams have talent and much different styles of offense.  Turnovers and penalties could be the deciding factor.

Senators best not "end up loosing."

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: moneyminers on October 16, 2018, 10:48:39 am
Bauxite does have one kicker that's an exchange student from Austria. No soccer or rugby background but has a tremendous foot on him. He's usually the deep ball kicker and can kick 47-48 consistently. Doesn't have the technique of a traditional kicker but once he gets that down, he's booming it from 52+ possibly
Might need some technique in a big ball game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas