• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charlestown vs Booneville

Started by knownothingboutfallball, October 12, 2018, 10:58:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

knownothingboutfallball

panther07

HorseFeathers

Warriors023

Booneville names their score and runs it up on a down Charleston team

CatPride

knownothingboutfallball

Quote from: Warriors023 on October 13, 2018, 12:24:31 am
Booneville names their score and runs it up on a down Charleston team
Chuck town will make this a ballgame

jay nelvin

CoolBreeze

After the way Booneville took Mansfield apart, I'd say Chuck is in for a long night. At least it will seem that way, even though they probably get home early with the clock running most of the 2nd half.

FBGFDRUM

Mercy rule in Booneville's favor. Charleston's smaller-than-average Offensive/Defensive lines will have no answer to the old school downhill play style Booneville runs.

Sorry, but I'm a realist and this is what seems most likely. But you never know.

gitrdone

xadboy

CoolBreeze

rskyb33

Booneville wins this one easy . No contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: gitrdone on October 13, 2018, 08:14:16 pm
This thread is awfully quiet
We've lost a lot of active Chuck posters in the last couple of years. And the ones that remain haven't had much to crow about this year.

Leo Marvin

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 15, 2018, 11:58:27 am
We've lost a lot of active Chuck posters in the last couple of years. And the ones that remain haven't had much to crow about this year.

Sounds like Charleston's stock is falling in the high school football world.  What a run!

CHSTigersFan

Mansfield beat CharlesTON
Booneville KILLED Mansfield
Booneville will probably kill CharlesTON
Hopefully not a mercy rule, but I see it could happen easily.

elmerfudd

Quote from: CHSTigersFan on October 16, 2018, 07:31:52 am
Mansfield beat CharlesTON
Booneville KILLED Mansfield
Booneville will probably kill CharlesTON
Hopefully not a mercy rule, but I see it could happen easily.

I tend to agree with that line of thinking. That being said, this has the feel of a rivalry similar to Booneville vs. Ozark during its hay day, where you threw the records out the window. I expect Charleston to show up with something to prove.

I'll still take Booneville in a relatively competitive game.

KOJACK

FBGFDRUM

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 15, 2018, 11:58:27 am

It's pretty lonely. I show up and all the originals leave. I don't think a Charleston thread has had more than 50 replies this year. But to be honest FF in general has had a decline in participation. (at least in 3a) I go back a few years in the archives and every thread is breaking 100 replies. Sad.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on October 16, 2018, 01:41:14 pm
It's pretty lonely. I show up and all the originals leave. I don't think a Charleston thread has had more than 50 replies this year. But to be honest FF in general has had a decline in participation. (at least in 3a) I go back a few years in the archives and every thread is breaking 100 replies. Sad.
I believe we lost most of the highly active Chucktown posters before last year, when the Tigers were still a force to be reckoned with.

elmerfudd

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on October 16, 2018, 01:41:14 pm

It's because for the first time since 2008, everyone has a job. MAGA!!  ;D

Im halfway kidding!! Please dont turn this into a political thread now!!

WPWells

I'm still lurking. I just don't live in the state anymore, and I don't have any relatives in the school system.

KOJACK

Senior Roger

Booneville is a great team, stats say they should definitely win, but Charleston still has a good tradition of winning. Booneville might be in for a good game against the tigers. Booneville might win, but Charleston may very well put up a good fight dont count them completely out

Bearcatdad

Jabali

xadboy

Charleston makes a game of it for a half but Booneville wears them out.

Booneville 38 Charleston 22

Proud Buckaroo

Wow. One page on a Charleston//Booneville game. Times sure are tough for "Title town.."

cat scratch fever

Live feed for tonights game https://youtu.be/GPd_czeEv8Q
Might still have some glitches in it,They are new at it

AlumniLights

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 19, 2018, 11:05:03 am
Wow. One page on a Charleston//Booneville game. Times sure are tough for "Title town.."

Everybody has to have their dose of reality PB. Charleston has just had their fair share of "below" standard seasons lately. Truth be told, this group of kids just don't have the posters that support their kids/family/community on the board. Not saying they don't support them, just not here on this forum. In years past, you had plenty of "Title Town" posters who grew up in the area their whole life, or just couldn't get enough of the success and liked to beat on their chest. It will return, just licking their wounds and gearing up for another run in years to come, maybe. I don't live in the area(or state for that matter) anymore so I could not tell you ANY(NOT 1) of the players they have coming up. Kendrick will get it figured out. I presume the stands are still packed every Friday night.

venablestreet

October 19, 2018, 04:37:24 pm #31 Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 04:40:11 pm by venablestreet
Is there anyway to listen to the Booneville radio broadcast on the internet?

elmerfudd

Quote from: venablestreet on October 19, 2018, 04:37:24 pm
Is there anyway to listen to the Booneville radio broadcast on the internet?

94.5 The Fort website. You can listen live there. Or you can actually watch a livestream for the first time ever on YouTube. I'll try to find the link.

cat scratch fever

FBGFDRUM

Looks like even the weather is against Charleston. Not good for their type of offense.

How's the field looking?

nastynice

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on October 19, 2018, 06:19:05 pm
Looks like even the weather is against Charleston. Not good for their type of offense.

How's the field looking?

Perfect!  Just like we like it!

Bearcats by 20

FBGFDRUM

Easily the best fog machine in the state.

Chief_Osceola™

Booneville is up 21-3 in the 2nd quarter.

FBGFDRUM

elmerfudd

Quote from: elmerfudd on October 16, 2018, 12:06:31 pm
The question is, how soon?

4th quarter. The answer is, the 4th quarter.

FBGFDRUM

Booneville just got the mercy rule.

Currently 42-3 Booneville

gerber707

Charleston better try their lateral play.

FBGFDRUM

Went about how I expected. Not very impressed with the Booneville offense, but their defense is definitely a threat.

Charleston needs to step up next week and take West Fork seriously. At this point they're just fighting for a spot in the playoffs.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on October 19, 2018, 09:25:57 pm
Went about how I expected. Not very impressed with the Booneville offense, but their defense is definitely a threat.

Charleston needs to step up next week and take West Fork seriously. At this point they're just fighting for a spot in the playoffs.

elmerfudd

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on October 19, 2018, 09:25:57 pm

Three backs with 100+ yards each tonight, but yea not very impressive.....seriously....by this team's standards, it really wasn't.

Purple and Gold Bearcat82

521 yards of offense for the Cats. I think thats pretty good.
And 43 yards for the tigers. They had 24 at the half.

Great game by the Cats hopefully they can keep their heads on straight.

HorseFeathers

Is that a record low for Charleston...I mean for a storied program like them, I'd think less than 50 yards of offense doesn't happen very ofteb

ChucktownTiger

Probably hasn't happened in the last 20 years.

gold45

Very impressive Booneville team.  Will be following and supporting them all the way to the Rock I hope.

As for the Tigers, it's been a frustrating year. Lots of injuries to key players, not a lot of depth or size, etc etc.  Offensive stats are hard to get when you keep trying to pass and don't complete passes.  And when your running back only gets 2-3 carries a game, numbers aren't going to be big there either.  Not making excuses.  Just doing the math.  Regardless, I'm proud of these kids and the Tigers will get it figured out at some point.  Whether or not there are big numbers of vocal supporters on this board, the town is full of supporters who are always proud to be a Tiger!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas