• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Melbourne at Harding Academy

Started by CoolBreeze, October 12, 2018, 11:26:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win this game?

Gatos by Mucho
1 (10%)
Gatos by Poco
3 (30%)
Bearkatz by Poco
6 (60%)
Bearkatz by Mucho
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: October 13, 2018, 11:26:32 am

CoolBreeze

Sorry I did not get this out yesterday. I had to take my wife to the doctor in Little rock and my laptop ran out of juice.

Hootens has HA by 3. What do you think?

AverageJo24

panther07

CoolBreeze

From where I sat the game was closer than the score indicates. Melbourne still had an outside chance until the Wildcats intercepted a pass in the end zone and returned it to the 40 yard line in the 4th quarter.

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 12, 2018, 10:09:53 pm
From where I sat the game was closer than the score indicates. Melbourne still had an outside chance until the Wildcats intercepted a pass in the end zone and returned it to the 40 yard line in the 4th quarter.

It was 35-14 in the 4th when that happened. Constant sour grapes, which you'll deny. It's literally always glass half empty. Which you'll also deny.

invictus323

Wildcats put on a clinic tonight.. 42-14.

CoolBreeze

October 12, 2018, 10:30:16 pm #6 Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:32:13 pm by CoolBreeze
It's true that the score was 35-14, but Melbourne had stormed down the field and was about to score to reduce the lead to two scores with enough time for a quick strike team to make a comeback. Note that I said an outside shot.

And I have no idea where you get the sour grapes notion. What do I have to be sour about? I'm a Wildcat fan. I want them to win, but that doesn't mean I have to wear blinders.

LeftBench

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 12, 2018, 10:09:53 pm

I actually felt the opposite way. Thought HA outplayed them start to finish. A couple drops, a turnover, 1 long run by Melbourne, and a missed FG by HA made the score closer than it should've been in the first half. Was still fairly impressed by Melbourne, though. Played hard and were a pretty sound team.

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 12, 2018, 10:30:16 pm
It's true that the score was 35-14, but Melbourne had stormed down the field and was about to score to reduce the lead to two scores with enough time for a quick strike team to make a comeback. Note that I said an outside shot.

And I have no idea where you get the sour grapes notion. What do I have to be sour about? I'm a Wildcat fan. I want them to win, but that doesn't mean I have to wear blinders.

I stand by what I said.

panther07

Quote from: panther07 on October 12, 2018, 10:37:47 pm
Is the game close if there's an outside chance? HA beat them 21-0 in the second half. It wasn't close.

And I stand by what I said.

Skip Baymore

There are no sour grapes with CoolBreeze and will never be.  Just his interpretation here which I agree with some.   I kind of agree with everybody here in some ways.  HA controlled the game, start to finish.  But the game wasn't really over until HA got to 35.  Melbourne is a good team, but HA came in to this game healthier than they have been since week 1 and played a solid game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas