• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mansfield vs Booneville

Started by knownothingboutfallball, October 05, 2018, 10:13:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SportsManiac

Mansfield is a solid team and they are explosive on offense but they rely on the big play too much I feel and I think Booneville limits that, I'll take Booneville 42-18

BAMA#16

It won't be a running clock in the second half, but purple cats by 28...

nastynice

Bearcatdad

elmerfudd

Quote from: BAMA#16 on October 12, 2018, 06:00:38 pm
It won't be a running clock in the second half, but purple cats by 28...

Second week in a row.....

BAMA#16

I think Booneville will wait to make their statement game in the semis...

CoolBreeze

TRH

Good game by the Bearcats.
They were far and away the better team.

CatPride

Booneville defense showed out tonight. Held the Red Tigers to 75 yards.

TRH

High Voltage

Wow, I am surprised at this score. I guess the Mansfield coach found out what real football was Friday night! Gotta prepare better that that! Any team that is supposed to be a playoff contender should keep it closer. Mansfield needs to get this loss behind them and get ready for Lamar.

mhs85grad

There was aboit a 4 or 5 minute stretch in 2nd quarter where game went from 21-6 to 41-6. Booneville hit some big plays and game got out of hand. Mansfield rested moat of theit key players in 2nd half after a few players got dinged up.

TRH

Quote from: High Voltage on October 14, 2018, 08:23:17 am
Wow, I am surprised at this score. I guess the Mansfield coach found out what real football was Friday night! Gotta prepare better that that! Any team that is supposed to be a playoff contender should keep it closer. Mansfield needs to get this loss behind them and get ready for Lamar.

If you didn't attend the game, then your post has no context. No, Mansfield didn't find out what "real football was Friday night".
Booneville was the deeper team and they could most definitely make their outside stuff work on offense, but the no calls were unreal, Booneville held and clipped the entire night.
On one occasion their fullback after being tackled got up and kicked the tackler in the head and the official told him and I quote "stop that #33". Our MLB, on our 2nd defensive play of the game literally drug a Booneville offensive lineman to a tackle that he made, with the OL'man hanging onto the back of the Mansfield players jersey with both hands and no call was made.
I was told that the Mansfield coaches decided at halftime to pull their starters and did so, they never played a down in the 2nd half (I didn't like that decision and neither did most of the kids). Booneville left their starters in on their first two drives and scored easily and quickly against our reserves on both possessions.
I very seldom complain about officiating, but the officiating of this game was worthy of a mention.
Mansfield will move on and hopefully bounce back from this loss.

nastynice

Quote from: TRH on October 14, 2018, 09:52:50 am
If you didn't attend the game, then your post has no context. No, Mansfield didn't find out what "real football was Friday night".
Booneville was the deeper team and they could most definitely make their outside stuff work on offense, but the no calls were unreal, Booneville held and clipped the entire night.
On one occasion their fullback after being tackled got up and kicked the tackler in the head and the official told him and I quote "stop that #33". Our MLB, on our 2nd defensive play of the game literally drug a Booneville offensive lineman to a tackle that he made, with the OL'man hanging onto the back of the Mansfield players jersey with both hands and no call was made.
I was told that the Mansfield coaches decided at halftime to pull their starters and did so, they never played a down in the 2nd half (I didn't like that decision and neither did most of the kids). Booneville left their starters in on their first two drives and scored easily and quickly against our reserves on both possessions.
I very seldom complain about officiating, but the officiating of this game was worthy of a mention.

Total BS!!  Every word you typed was 100% inaccurate.  Sour grapes??...Offensive starters for Booneville played 1 snap in second half. Defensive starters didn't play a single down in 2nd half.  You said Mansfield pulled all starters?  Stovall played most of the whole 2nd half if not all of it......If you're gonna cry around at least say crap that could make sense!!  Mansfield was overwhelmed by a bigger, stronger better team.  And dang better coaches..... Worry about Lamar, cause they'll finish the panty spanking we started Friday night!!

TRH

Quote from: nastynice on October 14, 2018, 10:29:11 am
Total BS!!  Every word you typed was 100% inaccurate.  Sour grapes??...Offensive starters for Booneville played 1 snap in second half. Defensive starters didn't play a single down in 2nd half.  You said Mansfield pulled all starters?  Stovall played most of the whole 2nd half if not all of it......If you're gonna cry around at least say crap that could make sense!!  Mansfield was overwhelmed by a bigger, stronger better team.  And dang better coaches..... Worry about Lamar, cause they'll finish the panty spanking we started Friday night!!

Yes, Stovall played. When you have a 29 man roster and 3-4 are not playing, due to injury, then you have to play a few, or you wouldn't have enough to play. I hope that helps explain this "lie" I told. You look like the only one upset about the game. I'm not accusing the Booneville players of intentionally playing dirty, rather I'm accusing the "officials" of not calling obvious penalties. The Refs didn't call many on Mansfield either, my beef is with the uncalled penalties that were glaringly obvious.
My ex's daughter and son attended Booneville and he earned all state in football during his Sr. year. The daughter was at the game and even she commented on how poor the officiating was. Not one sided mind you, just pitiful all around.
So, tuck that bottom lip back in and dry those eyes, no one's making disparaging remarks about your team, other than saying that Carson Ray (your FB) kicked a Mansfield defender in the head intentionally and I'll stand by that remark.

CatPride

Quote from: TRH on October 14, 2018, 11:00:50 am
Yes, Stovall played. When you have a 29 man roster and 3-4 are not playing, due to injury, then you have to play a few, or you wouldn't have enough to play. I hope that helps explain this "lie" I told. You look like the only one upset about the game. I'm not accusing the Booneville players of intentionally playing dirty, rather I'm accusing the "officials" of not calling obvious penalties. The Refs didn't call many on Mansfield either, my beef is with the uncalled penalties that were glaringly obvious.
My ex's daughter and son attended Booneville and he earned all state in football during his Sr. year. The daughter was at the game and even she commented on how poor the officiating was. Not one sided mind you, just pitiful all around
So, tuck that bottom lip back in and dry those eyes, no one's making disparaging remarks about your team, other than saying that Carson Ray (your FB) kicked a Mansfield defender in the head intentionally and I'll stand by that remark.

Everything you are claiming is straight trash. Not only was I at the game, but I went back at watched every play. I never seen anyone kicking another player. Even "if" the officials missed a call or two, that had zero outcome on this game. You need to get over the beating you took and you need to focus on Lamar.

TRH

Quote from: CatPride on October 14, 2018, 01:35:11 pm
Everything you are claiming is straight trash. Not only was I at the game, but I went back at watched every play. I never seen anyone kicking another player. Even "if" the officials missed a call or two, that had zero outcome on this game. You need to get over the beating you took and you need to focus on Lamar.

Whether or not I "focus on Lamar" will have little to do with the outcome of the game, as I'm not a coach, nor do I play for Mansfield.
Reading comprehension is definitely not your strong suit and I'll leave it at that.   ::)

Bearcatdad

Quote from: TRH on October 14, 2018, 01:53:30 pm
Whether or not I "focus on Lamar" will have little to do with the outcome of the game, as I'm not a coach, nor do I play for Mansfield.
Reading comprehension is definitely not your strong suit and I'll leave it at that.   ::)
Football wasn't Mansfield's strong point Friday night either.  I will leave it at that!!

TRH

October 14, 2018, 02:00:47 pm #68 Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 02:09:32 pm by TRH
Quote from: Bearcatdad on October 14, 2018, 01:57:37 pm
Football wasn't Mansfield's strong point Friday night either.  I will leave it at that!!
nm

elmerfudd

TRH, I gotta say, up until now I've thought of you as a fairly level-headed poster.....but come on, now. I know Mansfield is new to this kind of success and it takes some experience to learn how to deal with tough losses like this one.....but that's weak. Really weak.

TRH

October 14, 2018, 02:39:09 pm #70 Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 02:51:23 pm by TRH
Quote from: elmerfudd on October 14, 2018, 02:21:06 pm
TRH, I gotta say, up until now I've thought of you as a fairly level-headed poster.....but come on, now. I know Mansfield is new to this kind of success and it takes some experience to learn how to deal with tough losses like this one.....but that's weak. Really weak.

I complained about the officials not calling penalties - ON EITHER TEAM - and show me where I said that it would have changed the outcome? Booneville was clearly the deeper and better team and I admitted as much shortly after the game.
And I'm sorry I guess, if my saying that in my opinion the officials did a poor job officiating the game is a weak excuse. It was intended more as a knock on the officials.
I just wasn't aware that it was in poor taste to call out the referees.  lol

And one final note - I will pull for ALL of the 1-3A schools in the playoffs, including Booneville and wish them all much success.

elmerfudd

Quote from: TRH on October 14, 2018, 02:39:09 pm
I complained about the officials not calling penalties - ON EITHER TEAM - and show me where I said that it would have changed the outcome? Booneville was clearly the deeper and better team and I admitted as much shortly after the game.
And I'm sorry I guess, if my saying that in my opinion the officials did a poor job officiating the game is a weak excuse. It was intended more as a knock on the officials.
I just wasn't aware that it was in poor taste to call out the referees.  lol

And one final note - I will pull for ALL of the 1-3A schools in the playoffs, including Booneville and wish them all much success.

There's a BIG deference between what you said and simply calling out the officials. It's too late to back up your own words.

OLDSCHOOL82

TRH...grow up chief.  Take your hiney spanking with class. Your obviously not used to seeing physical football being played. There's a couple ways refs call games.  One, is to call all.  The other, is to keep their flags in their pockets unless needed.  They obviously kept them in their pockets and what you call penalties, are sometimes just called getting absolutely whipped.  On another note...if your gonna call out a specific player by name on a public forum who is a high school student...you better have the cahones to back it up bubba. 

High Voltage

October 14, 2018, 09:40:25 pm #73 Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 09:46:43 pm by High Voltage
Quote from: TRH on October 14, 2018, 09:52:50 am
Well, well, let's take this one at a time. Booneville being deeper and more talented and making their "stuff" work on outside would be, uhhhhhh, showing the Mansfield coach what "real" football is. Crying about officiating is just childish. I seriously don't think the officials went into the game Friday night and said, "ya know, this Mansfield team is really good we should help Booneville out", or Coach Hyatt said they couldn't win because Mansfield is so good so he is gonna throw an extra twenty at us to give some calls". Maybe the officials all live in Booneville! Blaming officials is the worst thing you can do bubba. There are plenty of them on here and most are stand up guys. Do officials miss calls, sure they do, get your license and try it. The "he kicked our player in the head", oh my. Again man, grow up and take your beating. I'm sure you were waiting for Mansfield to trounce Booneville and wake up Saturday morning to an AP #1 ranking. Heck I bet in your mind you would beat Greenwood! I tend to believe these Booneville posters when they say their starters were pulled. They already lost their starting QB to injury, why risk your starters for even one down when the mercy rule is on? Show some class and get ready for Lamar. Now, does that post have enough "Context" for you? Lamar, get ready because if you win you will have cheated.

beach bum

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 14, 2018, 04:47:10 pm
TRH...grow up chief.  Take your hiney spanking with class. Your obviously not used to seeing physical football being played. There's a couple ways refs call games.  One, is to call all.  The other, is to keep their flags in their pockets unless needed.  They obviously kept them in their pockets and what you call penalties, are sometimes just called getting absolutely whipped.  On another note...if your gonna call out a specific player by name on a public forum who is a high school student...you better have the cahones to back it up bubba.

Yea that's kind of the one thing on this site that's a no, no..... Leave kids names out of it unless its something positive. One thing to talk about the adults as in coaches, parents, or fans but the kids need to be left out of it. And who in their right mind kicks a helmet in the first place? LOL.... No one would purposely kick an object as hard as a helmet knowing that could injure yourself by doing so. Toes and a person's foot are injured so easily if they are contacted by something that hard so I'm not buying it one bit.

High Voltage

Quote from: beach bum on October 14, 2018, 09:48:04 pm

Yea that's kind of the one thing on this site that's a no, no..... Leave kids names out of it unless its something positive. One thing to talk about the adults as in coaches, parents, or fans but the kids need to be left out of it. And who in their right mind kicks a helmet in the first place? LOL.... No one would purposely kick an object as hard as a helmet knowing that could injure yourself by doing so. Toes and a person's foot are injured so easily if they are contacted by something that hard so I'm not buying it one bit.
Great point!

OLDSCHOOL82

TRH

October 15, 2018, 10:43:52 am #77 Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:47:40 am by TRH
Quote from: High Voltage on October 14, 2018, 09:40:25 pm
Well, well, let's take this one at a time. Booneville being deeper and more talented and making their "stuff" work on outside would be, uhhhhhh, showing the Mansfield coach what "real" football is. Crying about officiating is just childish. I seriously don't think the officials went into the game Friday night and said, "ya know, this Mansfield team is really good we should help Booneville out", or Coach Hyatt said they couldn't win because Mansfield is so good so he is gonna throw an extra twenty at us to give some calls". Maybe the officials all live in Booneville! Blaming officials is the worst thing you can do bubba. There are plenty of them on here and most are stand up guys. Do officials miss calls, sure they do, get your license and try it. The "he kicked our player in the head", oh my. Again man, grow up and take your beating. I'm sure you were waiting for Mansfield to trounce Booneville and wake up Saturday morning to an AP #1 ranking. Heck I bet in your mind you would beat Greenwood! I tend to believe these Booneville posters when they say their starters were pulled. They already lost their starting QB to injury, why risk your starters for even one down when the mercy rule is on? Show some class and get ready for Lamar. Now, does that post have enough "Context" for you? Lamar, get ready because if you win you will have cheated.

Let's stop looking at it, because you're too stupid to understand that I was complaining because the officials called practically nothing on either team, NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND??? (I doubt it)
I believe that officials are at the game and paid to do more than signal 1st down and spot the ball after every play.
That's on the officials and NOT on Booneville!
And your comment about a player not kicking a helmet because "it's too hard" is completely asinine. Andrew Lang punched a brick wall, breaking his hand, after a Razorbacks basketball loss. When athletes lose their cool, they sometime react, rather than think it through first.

And to Oldschool whatever, I'm here, but this horse has been beat to death, so I'm through explaining and defending my comments. You and the other 2-3 posters can keep this thread going until the beginning of next season if you'd like, but I'm finished with it.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: TRH on October 15, 2018, 10:43:52 am
Let's stop looking at it, because you're too stupid to understand that I was complaining because the officials called practically nothing on either team, NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND??? (I doubt it)
I believe that officials are at the game and paid to do more than signal 1st down and spot the ball after every play.

And to Oldschool whatever, I'm here, but this horse has been beat to death, so I'm through explaining and defending my comments. You and the other 2-3 posters can keep this thread going until the beginning of next season if you'd like, but I'm finished with it.

^ I have no problems with any complaint in any way shape or form.  Very rarely will I ever post after a game no matter the outcome.  Only problem I have with you is specifically calling out a minor on a public forum for something bogus. Either your a player, coach (albeit not a very good one), or a fan with very little football knowledge.  Best of luck in your future endeavors.  Learn the game. Learn when to shut your flap.

High Voltage

Quote from: TRH on October 15, 2018, 10:43:52 am
And your comment about a player not kicking a helmet because "it's too hard" is completely asinine. Andrew Lang punched a brick wall, breaking his hand, after a Razorbacks basketball loss. When athletes lose their cool, they sometime react, rather than think it through first.

No, no, no, don't back up now bubba. You said, Quote, "Booneville held and clipped all night". So bubba, that dog won't hunt. As for calling me stupid, you may want to take a look in the mirror. You are now contradicting your own post. Just simmer down and realize, Mansfield is great at Volleyball and girls track and back in the day baseball. Mansfield has never been a powerhouse in football. Booneville is a powerhouse in football. Quit blaming the officials for Mansfield's shortcomings.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: High Voltage on October 15, 2018, 11:55:16 am
No, no, no, don't back up now bubba. You said, Quote, "Booneville held and clipped all night". So bubba, that dog won't hunt. As for calling me stupid, you may want to take a look in the mirror. You are now contradicting your own post. Just simmer down and realize, Mansfield is great at Volleyball and girls track and back in the day baseball. Mansfield has never been a powerhouse in football. Booneville is a powerhouse in football. Quit blaming the officials for Mansfield's shortcomings.

+1

High Voltage

Quote from: Bearcatdad on October 15, 2018, 11:56:55 am
+1
As a matter of fact there was a time when Booneville beat us here at Greenwood. I hated playing you guys, it was a no win situation. But hey, we would play you guys now! lol

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: High Voltage on October 15, 2018, 12:01:34 pm
As a matter of fact there was a time when Booneville beat us here at Greenwood. I hated playing you guys, it was a no win situation. But hey, we would play you guys now! lol

Yep...that ended early mid 90's!! Size differential became too much for safeties sake!!

High Voltage

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 15, 2018, 01:06:27 pm
Yep...that ended early mid 90's!! Size differential became too much for safeties sake!!
Two different styles of football also these days. Does Booneville still run the Wing "T"?

Coach Jones

1993 was the last year Booneville beat Greenwood. My SR year.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: High Voltage on October 15, 2018, 01:34:50 pm
Two different styles of football also these days. Does Booneville still run the Wing "T"?

Yep..based out of the T.

High Voltage

This is going to be my last post on this subject, but after TRH keeps Pm'ing me I went back and read the thread starting with my post and his response. Something is really sticking out to me.

Here is part of his quote, "On one occasion their fullback after being tackled got up and kicked the tackler in the head and the official told him and I quote "stop that #33"."

So, don't it seem very funny that a "Fan" could actually hear this? You couldn't hear it from the stands I wouldn't think. Booneville still have a track? If so that would put the fans even farther back. Does Booneville allow fans on the track?

So in reality this can only be one of two things, 1.you are lying 2. You are a coach or school official.

Either way this wreaks.

mhs85grad

Quote from: High Voltage on October 15, 2018, 03:48:02 pm
This is going to be my last post on this subject, but after TRH keeps Pm'ing me I went back and read the thread starting with my post and his response. Something is really sticking out to me.

Here is part of his quote, "On one occasion their fullback after being tackled got up and kicked the tackler in the head and the official told him and I quote "stop that #33"."

So, don't it seem very funny that a "Fan" could actually hear this? You couldn't hear it from the stands I wouldn't think. Booneville still have a track? If so that would put the fans even farther back. Does Booneville allow fans on the track?

So in reality this can only be one of two things, 1.you are lying 2. You are a coach or school official.

Either way this wreaks.

Most likely a parent of one of the players and they told him about it.

But I agree time to move on to week 8.

CoolBreeze

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas