• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood Bulldogs vs. Hall

Started by Topdog1, September 15, 2018, 10:54:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Topdog1

The Future

Every player wearing a Greenwood jersey will see action on the field this Friday night.
Greenwood 56
Hall 7

I know every game matters and you try to go 1-0 every week. But this is just one of them games. Main goal this week is get through the game with no injuries

Pr8hd

My first inclination on this post is just to say "Why"? Absolutely,no LRH posters and all signs point to a lopsided game. Won't get much from this one although I have noticed Hall has been competitive in their 3 games so far albeit against other PCSD teams. GW has a huge test after this one. We will know way after that one about this team.

I was impressed by Luke Leonard the past 2 weeks. Kid has stepped up as a go to receiver. Not a big kid, but making the most of his shot finally as a senior. It looks like Drew Morgan is helping with the receivers, so that is a huge positive on a young core of receivers. Rumor is Barlow may come back and play at some point, with the ACL tear. That would be huge as he is big target with experience.   

Oldbadger

My first inclination was also "Why"? A waste of ink! Oh, maybe a waste of  time!lol

RD™

This will be a representation of what Alabama does to Arkansas here in a few weeks.

The Future

We won't even have to wait that long. After Auburn let LSU slip past them, you know Gus and company are gonna come out hot and angry. They won't let up for a second.

Gonna score 50+ on us again. I'll have to check but I'm pretty sure it'll be the 3rd or 4th time in a row.

jeffslilbro

Luke Leonard playing hard. Young team needs to play more than just a half.

Sports Guru

Quote from: RD™ on September 16, 2018, 10:59:32 am
This will be a representation of what Alabama does to Arkansas here in a few weeks.

They may beat the Hogs worse than they beat Ole Miss last night

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

September 17, 2018, 09:02:00 am #8 Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:18:33 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Pr8hd

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on September 17, 2018, 09:02:00 am
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to bring up Drew Morgan.  lol   These receivers were fine without him.  Trust me.

Of course, you are right!!  An ex-college SEC and NFL receiver has absolutely no knowledge or pointers to impart upon kids at the high school level.  ::)

I didn't know they were so good already 3 games in to not need coaching or advice.  :-X

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

September 17, 2018, 02:37:27 pm #10 Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:18:19 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Topdog1

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on September 17, 2018, 02:37:27 pm
They have coaches.  They won a state championship last year without precious Drew  The last thing they need is an egomaniac coming in just to garner some lost spotlight.  The boys were laughing at Morgan's post after the game.  Morgan posted something about "great routes run by the receivers tonight" then he puts a smiley face with a light bulb over it.  Like HE is the reason and only him.  Like he deserves all the credit!  Dude needs to move on.  He was a great player, no doubt.  But anyone that knows him knows that Drew is all about Drew!  Period.

Plain ignorant post.  Obviously coming from someone that doesn't really know him and don't know his contributions this summer with some of the kids.

RD™

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on September 17, 2018, 02:37:27 pm
They have coaches.  They won a state championship last year without precious Drew  The last thing they need is an egomaniac coming in just to garner some lost spotlight.  The boys were laughing at Morgan's post after the game.  Morgan posted something about "great routes run by the receivers tonight" then he puts a smiley face with a light bulb over it.  Like HE is the reason and only him.  Like he deserves all the credit!  Dude needs to move on.  He was a great player, no doubt.  But anyone that knows him knows that Drew is all about Drew!  Period. 
Geeze dude.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

September 17, 2018, 04:12:45 pm #13 Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:18:07 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Bigfootdogfan

Someone got their panties in a wad, Saturday's Hog game must really have upset someone? Chill out go BULLDOGS!!!!!!

Ringthebell

If a kid who has been successful wants to come home and give back in the right way, then good on him. 
Gwood has always intrigued me with how they keep winning, so over the last few years I have tried to pay attention to their pit bull program, junior high, and JV to see for myself.  I will say it starts with the pit bulls and goes from there.  The JV team has some talent that should see significant time with the varsity this year.  I don't know all their names but #39 is a load out of the backfield.  He has great hands and runs with enormous power!  He and Wilkinson could be the best 1-2 punch over the next few years in the state.  #45 will flat out stick you, he has made play after play this year in the 2 JV games, and had a good hit during 2nd half against Hall.   #13 has been solid, not flashy but runs really good routes with good size at receiver.  #86 is the play maker, this kid has unbelievable speed and cutting ability.  He should already be on kick return as in the first two JV games he has had outstNding returns.  Catches the ball really well with his hands, just needs to work on physicality.  The Archer kid in pit bulls is going to be fun to watch as well over the years to come.  Go Dogs

Bigfootdogfan

It is fun to watch these boys in Pitt Bulls grow and mature through the Jr high ranks to High School. When Coach Jones came to Greenwood one of the first things he did was to go to the Pitt Bull program and tell them that are program's success started with the success of the Pitt Bull program and he and his coaches would support and do what ever to help them. It's a machine. Keep the machine gassed and oiled and it will run good for many years. GO BULLDOGS!!!!

Bulldogfan44

Quote from: Ringthebell on September 22, 2018, 05:13:15 pm
If a kid who has been successful wants to come home and give back in the right way, then good on him. 
Gwood has always intrigued me with how they keep winning, so over the last few years I have tried to pay attention to their pit bull program, junior high, and JV to see for myself.  I will say it starts with the pit bulls and goes from there.  The JV team has some talent that should see significant time with the varsity this year.  I don't know all their names but #39 is a load out of the backfield.  He has great hands and runs with enormous power!  He and Wilkinson could be the best 1-2 punch over the next few years in the state.  #45 will flat out stick you, he has made play after play this year in the 2 JV games, and had a good hit during 2nd half against Hall.   #13 has been solid, not flashy but runs really good routes with good size at receiver.  #86 is the play maker, this kid has unbelievable speed and cutting ability.  He should already be on kick return as in the first two JV games he has had outstNding returns.  Catches the ball really well with his hands, just needs to work on physicality.  The Archer kid in pit bulls is going to be fun to watch as well over the years to come.  Go Dogs
How about #28 he has the most consistent hands of anyone on the JV squad?

Ringthebell

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on October 10, 2018, 06:25:43 am
How about #28 he has the most consistent hands of anyone on the JV squad?
28 isn't a bad player at all.  Doesn't have the play making ability of 86 or the speed.  Solid hands though.

Bulldogfan44

Quote from: Ringthebell on October 12, 2018, 08:25:49 pm
28 isn't a bad player at all.  Doesn't have the play making ability of 86 or the speed.  Solid hands though.
Thanks for obviously showing who you are. 28 is the best Reciever in that team. Better Hands, speed and play making ablitiy than anyone on the squad. No downing anyone else or anyone else's ablitiy. But it's obvious who the best receiver is. But you can continue to ignore that fact. 10+ catches a game. And other teams have to Double cover him all the time. Maybe you need to watch a little closer. Because I know exactly who the star will be in year or so

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas