• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

College Football 2018

Started by AirWarren, September 03, 2018, 10:05:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

LRRandy is being a tit. So here we go. Feel free to discuss Ohio state. But be prepared to have "spirited debate" about the program.

With that said.

The SEC looks strong. Really strong.

Good opener for the hogs.

My Canes got throttled.

FSU looks bad. I'm thinking Taggert will already be on the chop block by season end.

Redwolves8526

Was very impressed by Auburn and LSU this weekend. That front 7 for Auburn is nasty.

Don't really know how great Alabama is yet, as Louisville was expecting a down year in the first place. But Bama definitely did what they were supposed to do against a team like that. Tua looked fantastic. Gotta think Hurts is transferring after this year.

AirWarren

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on September 04, 2018, 10:44:53 am
Was very impressed by Auburn and LSU this weekend. That front 7 for Auburn is nasty.

Don't really know how great Alabama is yet, as Louisville was expecting a down year in the first place. But Bama definitely did what they were supposed to do against a team like that. Tua looked fantastic. Gotta think Hurts is transferring after this year.

Hurts will be a Longhorn....or Aggie?

Redwolves8526

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: AirWarren on September 03, 2018, 10:05:31 pm
FSU looks bad. I’m thinking Taggert will already be on the chop block by season end.

That was something else.  Defense looked really good outside of the first drive.  Our OL is hot garbage.  I'm not sure what the offensive game plan was.  I mean, I get trying to get the ball to the edge to utilize the speed advantage, but not when you throw those bubble screens to your tight end with the smallest receiver trying to block on the edge.  This was me every offensive series:

I'm not off the Taggart train yet because turnstiles block better than our OL, but something needs to change or our consecutive bowl/winning season streak may be in serious trouble.

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 06, 2018, 03:53:13 pm
That was something else.  Defense looked really good outside of the first drive.  Our OL is hot garbage.  I'm not sure what the offensive game plan was.  I mean, I get trying to get the ball to the edge to utilize the speed advantage, but not when you throw those bubble screens to your tight end with the smallest receiver trying to block on the edge.  This was me every offensive series:

I'm not off the Taggart train yet because turnstiles block better than our OL, but something needs to change or our consecutive bowl/winning season streak may be in serious trouble.

It was a rough weekend for FSU and MIAMI.....

beach bum

Texas A&M just got robbed of a chance to score and go for 2 points to tie the game.... That pylon camera blatantly showed the went on the out of bounds side. Jimbo was dropping some f bombs at the refs and more reading his lips on camera

athletic supporter

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 06, 2018, 03:53:13 pm

Are you still on the Taggart train after this effort tonight against mighty Samford?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: athletic supporter on September 08, 2018, 11:05:13 pm
Are you still on the Taggart train after this effort tonight against mighty Samford?

I believe what we witnessed tonight was a young team maturing right before our eyes. That turnover backpack or whatever it was made all the difference tonight. You don't just go out and whip a team like Samford. You gotta fight the full 60 minutes against that juggernaut.

athletic supporter

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 09, 2018, 12:03:18 am
I believe what we witnessed tonight was a young team maturing right before our eyes. That turnover backpack or whatever it was made all the difference tonight. You don't just go out and whip a team like Samford. You gotta fight the full 60 minutes against that juggernaut.

Oooookkkkkaaaayyy then

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: athletic supporter on September 09, 2018, 07:07:08 am
Oooookkkkkaaaayyy then

BTW that was complete sarcasm. We suck and our coaches suck. Until they prove otherwise, I'm off the train. I'll still watch the wreck every week though.

Romeo

I can't believe real adults actually thought of the idea of a turnover backpack.

athletic supporter

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 09, 2018, 10:26:08 am
BTW that was complete sarcasm. We suck and our coaches suck. Until they prove otherwise, I'm off the train. I'll still watch the wreck every week though.

I watched every second of the Hogs debacle last night...ugh!!!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Romeo on September 09, 2018, 11:58:29 am
I can't believe real adults actually thought of the idea of a turnover backpack.

I think it has something to do with a Gucci Mane song about carrying the bag, but it's still on par with the trashcan Butch used at Tennessee as far as being really stupid.

On the plus side, I did read where it came with a map a la Dora the Explorer, which showed the offense the way to the endzone.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: athletic supporter on September 09, 2018, 12:14:04 pm
I watched every second of the Hogs debacle last night...ugh!!!

It'll get better.  It seems both programs have something in common, that being the new coach at each respective school inherited a mess to have to clean up.  At least that's what I keep telling myself to keep from jumping off the ledge.

Romeo

It seems that Taggart usually starts off slow with every team he goes to. His first years with South Florida and Western Kentucky were really bad. I'm actually rooting for Florida State now that Warren native Alonzo Hampton is the special teams coach.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Romeo on September 09, 2018, 01:26:41 pm
It seems that Taggart usually starts off slow with every team he goes to. His first years with South Florida and Western Kentucky were really bad. I'm actually rooting for Florida State now that Warren native Alonzo Hampton is the special teams coach.

That's been his M.O., and he did a great job rebuilding those programs. Realistically, it's not a one-year fix, even at a place like FSU. I can't accurately describe just how bad our OL is. The previous staff REALLY dropped the ball there. Problem is, quality offensive lines are 2-3 year rebuilds, and I've fallen into the trap of wanting to win big and win now. Truth is, I like Taggart and his staff. I just need to stay off of Warchant. It's a lot like MMQB at Hogville haha.

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 09, 2018, 01:59:55 pm
That's been his M.O., and he did a great job rebuilding those programs. Realistically, it's not a one-year fix, even at a place like FSU. I can't accurately describe just how bad our OL is. The previous staff REALLY dropped the ball there. Problem is, quality offensive lines are 2-3 year rebuilds, and I've fallen into the trap of wanting to win big and win now. Truth is, I like Taggart and his staff. I just need to stay off of Warchant. It's a lot like MMQB at Hogville haha.

I got a vacation from hogville.

They got a mod over there that measures his stick based off his "internet power".

bulldoghistorian

South Dakota State 90
UAPB 6
Final
Yikes

Redwolves8526

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on September 16, 2018, 12:03:20 am
South Dakota State 90
UAPB 6
Final
Yikes

Saw where SDSU's coach "apologized" yesterday. Can't believe it got that bad

dirtybird12

After watching the kentucky-miss state game, I can't bring myself to thinking Kentucky is a top 5 team in the SEC. Gets me hopeful that Chad can do the same with the Hogs...

Key thing= PATIENCE.

AirWarren

LOL at VA Tech.

As a hurricane fan......this makes me laugh big time

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: dirtybird12 on September 24, 2018, 09:59:23 am
After watching the kentucky-miss state game, I can't bring myself to thinking Kentucky is a top 5 team in the SEC. Gets me hopeful that Chad can do the same with the Hogs...

Key thing= PATIENCE.

I couldn't believe Snell is still at Kentucky.  It seems like he's been there the better part of this decade.

AirWarren

My CANES took it to UNC last night. Forced 6 turnovers and the turnover chain was on full display last night.

47-10. Miami!

VHSCoach2

Quote from: AirWarren on September 28, 2018, 08:36:18 am
My CANES took it to UNC last night. Forced 6 turnovers and the turnover chain was on full display last night.

47-10. Miami!

Too bad LSpUke beat the Canes in the opener. I was hoping Miami would go undefeated. Maybe a 1-loss Cane team can still make the playoffs, though.

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on September 28, 2018, 03:48:11 pm
Too bad LSpUke beat the Canes in the opener. I was hoping Miami would go undefeated. Maybe a 1-loss Cane team can still make the playoffs, though.

LSU caught them with good defense. I would like them to replay that game.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on September 28, 2018, 03:48:11 pm

They would, because it means they would have beaten a likely undefeated Clemson team in the ACC championship game.  But they are going to lose this weekend to the Noles.  ;)

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 02, 2018, 02:36:31 pm
They would, because it means they would have beaten a likely undefeated Clemson team in the ACC championship game.  But they are going to lose this weekend to the Noles.  ;)

If only Syracuse had held on last weekend...

MT Legend

Lol talking about college football this season is pointless.Alabama is the national champs.no one will come close to beating them. Just give them the trophy and everyone else battle it out for second place.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: MT Legend on October 03, 2018, 11:36:40 am
Lol talking about college football this season is pointless.Alabama is the national champs.no one will come close to beating them. Just give them the trophy and everyone else battle it out for second place.

I mean, the NCAA officially recognizes Central Florida as co-National Champions from last season, so let's wait it out and see.

MT Legend

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on October 03, 2018, 12:01:19 pm
I mean, the NCAA officially recognizes Central Florida as co-National Champions from last season, so let's wait it out and see.
lol that was a joke. I couldn't believe they did that.🤦🏽‍♂️

beach bum

Tennessee just beat Auburn  :o ..... You know the fans have to be livid with Gus, but with that new extension they are stuck with him for at least 2 more years.

HorseFeathers

I almost feel bad for Nebraska fans.....Almost.... Northwestern Marched 99 yards in under 2 minutes to send it to overtime, then picks off Nebraska in the endzone in Overtime before kicking a chipshot FG to win it...

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 13, 2018, 03:39:44 pm
I almost feel bad for Nebraska fans.....Almost.... Northwestern Marched 99 yards in under 2 minutes to send it to overtime, then picks off Nebraska in the endzone in Overtime before kicking a chipshot FG to win it...

Bet he wished he would have stayed at Central Florida one more year.....

HorseFeathers

Maybe UCF wishes he'd stayed for another year? They trail Memphis 30-17 at half

HorseFeathers

Wow....UCF done their best to give it away, but Memphis didn't want to win either...

And did Georgia forget that LSU isn't a cupcake?

bdubyab60

Ohio state gets dominated by Purdue

HorseFeathers

Hasn't been posted on in 2 months.... But really enjoying Army destroying Houston right now...

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 22, 2018, 05:05:31 pm
Hasn't been posted on in 2 months.... But really enjoying Army destroying Houston right now...

I don't care who they have played and how hard their schedule may have been or not been cause I haven't taken a look.... But to spank Houston like that to accumulate 11 wins in a season at Army is remarkable considering the highly restrictive nature of their recruiting. Definitely at the top of the stories of the year.

VHSCoach2

How Army hasn't been ranked in th CFP poll this season is beyond me. Finishing 11-2 should be deserving of Top 25 in the final poll.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on December 22, 2018, 06:45:50 pm
How Army hasn't been ranked in th CFP poll this season is beyond me. Finishing 11-2 should be deserving of Top 25 in the final poll.

But by God Notre Dame is in the CFP with their undefeated season. Lord knows what happened last time they made it to the dance.

AirWarren

Longfellow

Quote from: athletic supporter on December 25, 2018, 09:22:11 pm
I concur +1
I have never understood the hate that people around here and across the state  have for Notre Dame. I hope they win it all

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Longfellow on December 26, 2018, 10:34:51 am
I have never understood the hate that people around here and across the state  have for Notre Dame. I hope they win it all

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I find a good portion of their fanbase to be insufferable arrogant a-holes.  Some think they are God's gift to football.  Which if we're being honest they may really be.  Granted, I am friends with a few ND fans who are really good people, but they are not the majority in my experience.  They talk about tradition, but few of us were alive the last time they won anything of significance.  I don't like their coach.  I think he's a raging lunatic. 

But that's just me.

For most Arkansas fans, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lou Holtz leave Arkansas to coach Notre Dame?  That may be a cause of some of the animosity.

athletic supporter

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on December 26, 2018, 01:39:40 pm
I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I find a good portion of their fanbase to be insufferable arrogant a-holes.  Some think they are God's gift to football.  Which if we're being honest they may really be.  Granted, I am friends with a few ND fans who are really good people, but they are not the majority in my experience.  They talk about tradition, but few of us were alive the last time they won anything of significance.  I don't like their coach.  I think he's a raging lunatic. 

But that's just me.

For most Arkansas fans, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lou Holtz leave Arkansas to coach Notre Dame?  That may be a cause of some of the animosity.

Lou went to Minnesota first and then ND

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Longfellow on December 26, 2018, 10:34:51 am

I don't have anything against them... I just wish someone else could've made it to the CFP to add some competition. Because now it's likely going to be Alabama and Clemson, again. I guess Notre Dame could prove me wrong and beat Clemson, but I highly doubt it.

athletic supporter

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 28, 2018, 12:03:25 pm
I don't have anything against them... I just wish someone else could've made it to the CFP to add some competition. Because now it's likely going to be Alabama and Clemson, again. I guess Notre Dame could prove me wrong and beat Clemson, but I highly doubt it.

HOW much of a chance do you give Oklahoma?

beach bum

I think we found out why Ohio State did not get in the playoff before Oklahoma and was even ranked behind Georgia...

The same Purdue that spanked Ohio State was destroyed 63-14 by Auburn today. That was even Auburn showing mercy cause it was 56-7 at half and they could have scored 80 or 90 had they wanted. That's the same Auburn who was just middle of the pack in the SEC.

HorseFeathers

Mark Richt stepping down at Miami, says it's time to Retire

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas