• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watching high School Football after attending College

Started by Mulerider4Life, August 10, 2018, 08:49:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulerider4Life

Is it just me, or does high school football have a lot less flair after you went off to college and got use to watching College Football? Thoughts?

Grizzlyfan

Generally speaking, especially in Arkansas, high school football is slow and not very good.  So your observation isn't surprising.  But was that the only football you ever saw before graduating high school?

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on August 10, 2018, 09:08:43 am
Generally speaking, especially in Arkansas, high school football is slow and not very good.  So your observation isn't surprising.  But was that the only football you ever saw before graduating high school?

No, Ive watched football all my life. Been to plenty of hog games. It's just like now I have a craving more for like any college football.

x14113

The high school game has improved over the years. Watching film of TD passes from the 80s will make you wonder how they were able to do anything through the air.

With the way college works, though, I'd be a bit concerned if its game wasn't noticeably better.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: x14113 on August 10, 2018, 12:50:10 pm
The high school game has improved over the years. Watching film of TD passes from the 80s will make you wonder how they were able to do anything through the air.

With the way college works, though, I'd be a bit concerned if its game wasn't noticeably better.

I mean I guess, I would enjoy watching a PA, or a Pine Bluff, or a Fayetteville  High a lot better than like a Bauxite High School game.

Razorback Red

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on August 10, 2018, 01:07:40 pm
I mean I guess, I would enjoy watching a PA, or a Pine Bluff, or a Fayetteville  High a lot better than like a Bauxite High School game.

Def makes a difference between the classifications you are watching.  I think high-level 6A/7A games in AR are very exciting, even more so than lower-level CFB.  If you are close enough to see Bauxite games, then go watch NLR/Bryant/Conway and you'll see how far AR HS football has come.  The top-tier programs have athletes all over the field.  Same can be said for top-tier programs like PA, Warren, etc.. from smaller classes.  Many great athletes, just not the size in the trenches you'll see in 6A/7A and more players playing both ways.  I think the biggest difference in AR is that we drop way off quickly when you get past the top 5-6 programs in each classification. 

Just my opinion, but I think the top teams in AR HS football in each classification have taken huge strides in the last 10-15 years to compete with the same level in bordering states.   I'll use Warren as my example.  I think they could compete year-in-and-year-out with any teams at their class from MS, LA, MO, TN, OK, etc... and they could prob hold their own in TX some years. 

Lanny

I enjoy high school football, good coaches and fan bases

AirWarren

I think the OP needs to find better football to watch.

Since following Warren football from around 1998, I can tell you I have never been bored with 3A/4A football. As a matter of fact, I consider myself spoiled when I try to watch games outside of 4A football.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: AirWarren on August 11, 2018, 11:42:43 am
I think the OP needs to find better football to watch.

Since following Warren football from around 1998, I can tell you I have never been bored with 3A/4A football. As a matter of fact, I consider myself spoiled when I try to watch games outside of 4A football.

I think I grew up watching Benton when they were bad, then when I watched and played at Harmony Grove, we definitely played a much slower game.

AirWarren

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on August 13, 2018, 07:48:35 am
I think I grew up watching Benton when they were bad, then when I watched and played at Harmony Grove, we definitely played a much slower game.

Man, you need to get out more lol.

All kidding aside, you will see some explosive football in 4A. Especially out of the 7 and 8.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: AirWarren on August 13, 2018, 08:53:09 am
Man, you need to get out more lol.

All kidding aside, you will see some explosive football in 4A. Especially out of the 7 and 8.

Definitely.

Lions84

I enjoy HS football better cause of the Cost I went with my daughter Friday night and spent less than 30 bucks.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Lions84 on September 04, 2018, 02:52:52 pm
I enjoy HS football better cause of the Cost I went with my daughter Friday night and spent less than 30 bucks.

Very good point, however, I just went to the Cross County game on Friday. Overall good game, worth the price of admission.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas