• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Westside hosting Concord tonight 1/12 and Honoring Past Champs

Started by riccoar, January 12, 2018, 11:27:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

riccoar

1983, 1995 TEAM CHAMPS TO BE RECOGNIZED TONIGHT
WEST SIDE STAFF
Tonight's home ballgames will include a couple of special events, one of which is the unveiling of two state basketball championship banners.

During its 10 years, Brady-Hipp Arena has displayed photos of championship teams but no banners to recognize the teams. During halftime of the senior girls game, team members from the 1983 championship boys basketball team and the 1995 girls basketball championship team will be honored with championship banners and be called the court for public recognition.

Also tonight, the Li'l Dribblers will perform at halftime of the Junior Boys game and after the Junior Boys game.

Other dates when state championship banners will be unveiled and team members recognized:

January 16 — 2006 and 2007 Girls Cross Country

January 23 — 2007 Softball and 2007 Overall Sports

January 30 — 2010, 2014, and 2015 Girls Golf

February 2 — 2014, 2015 Boys XC

February 6 2012, 2013 Tennis Doubles

Tipoff of the Junior Boys is at 5 p.m. with Senior Girls and Senior Boys games to follow.

Backboard Shattered

I've been telling this for weeks!  83 Crew and 95 Gang.  Before some of the smartalics come out and say y'all do this every year let me tell you to Shut up and Suck it

SackAttack

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on January 12, 2018, 11:57:00 am
I've been telling this for weeks!  83 Crew and 95 Gang.  Before some of the smartalics come out and say y'all do this every year let me tell you to Shut up and Suck it
Yeah thats right what he said. We are making this an epic event.There will be autographs and demonstrations from some of the greatest. Yall better get there early!

Backboard Shattered

A night to remember!  Crew and Gang!  Sweeping Pickle Pops and yeah that's right Jam it in the Hole outside before the game

thebigman3

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 12, 2018, 12:56:00 pm
Dang 23 years since the last basketball championship? :-[ :-[
Yeah but it was legit and by the book unlike so many others in the area ;D ;D ;D

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 12, 2018, 12:56:00 pm
Dang 23 years since the last basketball championship? :-[ :-[
we could openly recruit and cheat and let kids do really bad things and sweeep it under the rug but we don't do that!  Eeeoooowwwww

Catfish

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: Daddy eagle on January 12, 2018, 06:03:34 pm
My wife should be inducted in two HOF. Greatest player to come thru GF. only sertain few can get MVP in a state tournement.
I didn't know they let elephants play basketball.

Backboard Shattered

A great night to honor the best boys team and the best girls team ever from this area came up a little short.  But the stars were out.  Signed more than a few atugrafs told some great old stories and Boss told a few I had forgotten about. Hahaha like the one about Steve push-ups in his underwear wearing that mask!  Wow!  I forgot all about that.  In the silent auction of adoptasjank I was auctioned for a mesmerizing $1983 dollars to a family and they said all they wanted was for me to work out and tell stories for the 48 hrs I'm theres

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on January 13, 2018, 08:35:50 am
A great night to honor the best boys team and the best girls team ever from this area came up a little short.  But the stars were out.  Signed more than a few atugrafs told some great old stories and Boss told a few I had forgotten about. Hahaha like the one about Steve push-ups in his underwear wearing that mask!  Wow!  I forgot all about that.  In the silent auction of adoptasjank I was auctioned for a mesmerizing $1983 dollars to a family and they said all they wanted was for me to work out and tell stories for the 48 hrs I'm theres
Correction the three in an extra .95 just for me to tell the story of how I jammed it in the hole when I won the game in 83!  I can't make this up the guy I jammed it in the Hole On was Harry McCrotch!  We won the game

thebigman3

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on January 12, 2018, 03:42:40 pm
we could openly recruit and cheat and let kids do really bad things and sweeep it under the rug but we don't do that!  Eeeoooowwwww
Evryvoy can tell with the talent y'all got. And if y'all are just so convinced we do that why ain't we in trouble? Let me quote Lavar Ball here "stay in yo lane"

Eagle_Mom_2

Disappointment abounds...
I'm so frustrated from the game last night. Our girls got beaten like they were playing 5 Hope Solos out on the floor. Then our boys...my goodness...am I the only one who feels that we were cheated more than Tiger Woods ex wife?? I'm 83 percent certain that I overheard Crommet from Concord tell the officials to "get rid" of Davis. To my relief, they only ejected him from the game. But still, just because Crommet was afraid of a little competition and being out coached he had Davis ejected. I mean, have we really stooped so low that we are now letting the Purple Prince intimidate our own officials into tossing our coach, in a rivalry game, and one in which our past champs are being honored at that???
And another thing, the young Crommet boy that plays for them, the normal sized boy on that team. The one of few who doesn't look like he'd use a step stool to get an after school snack from the cabinet...yeah him...well he better not ask my girl to prom. I'll answer for her...no sir-eeee.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on January 13, 2018, 02:01:34 pm
Disappointment abounds...
I'm so frustrated from the game last night. Our girls got beaten like they were playing 5 Hope Solos out on the floor. Then our boys...my goodness...am I the only one who feels that we were cheated more than Tiger Woods ex wife?? I'm 83 percent certain that I overheard Crommet from Concord tell the officials to "get rid" of Davis. To my relief, they only ejected him from the game. But still, just because Crommet was afraid of a little competition and being out coached he had Davis ejected. I mean, have we really stooped so low that we are now letting the Purple Prince intimidate our own officials into tossing our coach, in a rivalry game, and one in which our past champs are being honored at that???
And another thing, the young Crommet boy that plays for them, the normal sized boy on that team. The one of few who doesn't look like he'd use a step stool to get an after school snack from the cabinet...yeah him...well he better not ask my girl to prom. I'll answer for her...no sir-eeee.

Glad you finally came out of the woodwork eagle woman. By the way, there won't be anyone asking your girl to prom. It's not all her fault though. She was just a recipient of bad, bad, deformed genes. On that subject, your DNA might be a great research project for the biology students down at Arkansas Tech. I mean someone might ask her to prom if he wants a couple free packs of ciggarettes or a box of swiss rolls and a twinkie.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Daddy eagle on January 13, 2018, 08:42:21 pm
Momma eagle. I'm thanking the same thing.  How does bozo continued to loose to the knee high pirates. I mean good grief. Does they just practice midget breading over there or something.? Them jokers so fricking little. The only reason they are worth a crap is that 24 on there team. He's so smart and direects that team so well. Always telling them what to do. Is he the coaches son? Kinda looks like him in the face. I would not let him go to prom with my daughter either momma. Frickin crooks is what they seem to be.
didn't they steal #24 from y'all too

not so slim shady

I heard one of the refs was seen at drasco after the game wearing a concord letter jacket.

SackAttack

Quote from: not so slim shady on January 14, 2018, 09:41:04 am
I heard one of the refs was seen at drasco after the game wearing a concord letter jacket.
Not surprised probably at Jerrys Place. That dang Jerry tthinks hes being sneaky

PeedeecreekBoy99

dont suprise me all y'all do is blame them refs, get over it

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: Daddy eagle on January 14, 2018, 05:50:22 pm
If they didn't give us a reazon ,,... we wouldn't get mad.
the only reason is that your dang eagles suck and according to you they would be state champs if it wasn't for the men in stripes, eagle fella

Moonshiner

The real question....how much pee is there in Peedee creek? 

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 14, 2018, 06:37:52 pm
The real question....how much pee is there in Peedee creek?
about the same amount as the BS that eagle idiot is full of

Moonshiner

Backboard Shattered

Back to the great turnout Friday night.  It really was great to be there with the crew.  And I truly believe we are the best team that's ever played in the County prob in A-B basketball in the state just fluke deal to have that much talent and a Coach like Brady all come together!  1 possession away from the overall champs that year! And the 95 Gang hands down best girls team that ever played in A-B division!  Great to see Hipp there when they dropped there banner I said Best Girls I ever saw play!  Just like many said about playing on the boys side.  As I looked into the stand numerous people were pointing and clapping it took me back a few years to all the hard practices and good times.  More great times coming!  Thank you for all the support.  And for the ones I didn't get to talk to I'm sorry it was a very busy and emotional night.  I didn't ignore you top row fan that pointed and wanted an atugraf I just got caught up in the festivittitties.  I promise I'll see you again soon and make up toyou.

JimmyChitwood

I will admit, basketball in the 80's was in its prime. You had Larry Legend, Magic, Jordan, Dr. J. The Hogs were good. The Eagles were good. Clinton was salty good. Hoosiers was made in '86 for cryin out loud! The greatest film that ever came out of Hollyweird. It was good times for basketball around these parts.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 15, 2018, 08:17:58 am
I will admit, basketball in the 80's was in its prime. You had Larry Legend, Magic, Jordan, Dr. J. The Hogs were good. The Eagles were good. Clinton was salty good. Hoosiers was made in '86 for cryin out loud! The greatest film that ever came out of Hollyweird. It was good times for basketball around these parts.
I usually can't stand you're posts but I totally agreeificate

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: Daddy eagle on January 15, 2018, 08:54:54 am
I mean I whatched my family weeny  dog of 16 years just get absolutely smooooooked by a truck going att least 65 mph and I'm not even sad about it bc it cud be worse. I could have to whatch a nother team let a surfterfield shoot all night and laugh when they miss.
If you are so concerned with Keaton that must mean he got in your head eagle dad. Why are you worried about a guy that graduated in 2013? Yall didn't win state that year because Big Ben was super lazy and Benny was 100 years old. Don't blame a guy that wanted to move somewhere he thought he could win a ship.

SackAttack

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 15, 2018, 09:48:39 am
If you are so concerned with Keaton that must mean he got in your head eagle dad. Why are you worried about a guy that graduated in 2013? Yall didn't win state that year because Big Ben was super lazy and Benny was 100 years old. Don't blame a guy that wanted to move somewhere he thought he could win a ship.
Benny cant possibly be 100 years old cause hes still coaching at Shirley isnt he? Still got all of his hair(probably dyed but still) most of his teeth and can still stomp the floor and moan and beg for a call with the best of them!

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: SackAttack on January 15, 2018, 10:21:56 am
Benny cant possibly be 100 years old cause hes still coaching at Shirley isnt he? Still got all of his hair(probably dyed but still) most of his teeth and can still stomp the floor and moan and beg for a call with the best of them!
You are getting your Browns mixed up sack a lot. Benny lives in Shirley and is fully retired. Keith Brown is the coach and he is the one who moans and groans for the calls. Research a little more before you make statements like that sacky boy.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 15, 2018, 10:29:32 am
You are getting your Browns mixed up sack a lot. Benny lives in Shirley and is fully retired. Keith Brown is the coach and he is the one who moans and groans for the calls. Research a little more before you make statements like that sacky boy.
To be honest I always heard they were the same also! 

SackAttack

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 15, 2018, 10:29:32 am
LOL that you actually took my post serious. Tells me a whoooole lot !!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Daddy eagle on January 15, 2018, 12:53:21 pm
So let me get this wright..... Benny Brown is being named head coach at Shirley? They wood be so lucky for this hire. Better then the joke bag that's over their anyway. What's his name again
heard Benny is retiring this year

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: Daddy eagle on January 15, 2018, 12:53:21 pm
So let me get this wright..... Benny Brown is being named head coach at Shirley? They wood be so lucky for this hire. Better then the joke bag that's over their anyway. What's his name again
Keeth Benny Brown they said

ballmember

The BS on here is getting about like it was last year....

If you want to know  why 80's basketball was better   just look  at the 2 coaches westside was honoring.  Enough said.      The referees sure didn't beat you; mistakes made yes, both ways. 

SackAttack

Quote from: ballmember on January 15, 2018, 07:58:23 pm

If you want to know  why 80's basketball was better   just look  at the 2 coaches westside was honoring.  Enough said.      The referees sure didn't beat you; mistakes made yes, both ways.
Agree Hipp and Boss Brady were good very good

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: ballmember on January 15, 2018, 07:58:23 pm

The Boss is the best coach this state has seen and may have ever seen

PeedeecreekBoy99

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: SackAttack on January 15, 2018, 12:50:21 pm
LOL that you actually took my post serious. Tells me a whoooole lot !!
tacky wacky sack or whatever your name is, every time you say something false you always use that excuse to correct yourself

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas