• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baptist Prep Open

Started by JohnBarleycorn, January 04, 2018, 10:37:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnBarleycorn

Coach Cruce took a job at Bethel University. He was 0-20 the past 2 years. BP is dropping into 3A this fall. Can anyone turn it around?

ea cat

ea cat

athletic supporter

ea cat

Longfellow

Quote from: ea cat on January 08, 2018, 10:14:46 pm
Naw!
Well I'm sure Gene Stallings could turn the program around

Any Given Friday

Untimeddown

Why so hard?  They use to be able to compete, or they do in other sports?  Please explain?

Untimeddown

Why so hard?  They use to be able to compete, or they do in other sports?  Please explain?

coachsearch

Any word on the top candidates for this one!?

Mr. Mercer

I'm surprised they can field a team. Didn't have very many last year and had to play 7-9 together. Still only had about 22 doing that. Not much talent in those groups either. Makes it ever harder when you have Robinson and LRCA literally just down the road.

coachsearch

Football program might not last long, from what I'm hearing

Hgalum50

Bad thing is at one point they were really good and hard-nosed.

2fe

9th-11th numbers aren't very good.  8th grade down, the numbers are just terrible. 

coachsearch

Interviews?Offers? any news?

Okieback

Sounds like a school with a basketball coach in charge 🤔

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hgalum50 on January 30, 2018, 11:54:50 am
Bad thing is at one point they were really good and hard-nosed.

They were hit hard by the overnight jump from 2a to 4a

2fe

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 07, 2018, 08:07:22 pm
They were hit hard by the overnight jump from 2a to 4a

They were AAA not AA.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 2fe on February 08, 2018, 10:00:29 pm
They were AAA not AA.

They were in 2a when I was in school just 10 years ago....they jumped from the 4-2a(2005) to the 4a-7(2006) and haven't been able to recover

2fe

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 09, 2018, 07:31:39 am
They were in 2a when I was in school just 10 years ago....they jumped from the 4-2a(2005) to the 4a-7(2006) and haven't been able to recover

You're skipping where they were in AAA '08-'11 and actually did quite well, getting to the quarters and losing to Barton in '10.  Then the real decline happened with the jump to AAAA in '12.  At the same time they graduated some of their biggest classes, so numbers were down while trying to complete in AAAA.
Their elementary has been bleeding kids for years and it's finally caught up to the football program.  Their #'s 4-8th grade are basically non-existent.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 2fe on February 09, 2018, 09:06:00 pm
You're skipping where they were in AAA '08-'11 and actually did quite well, getting to the quarters and losing to Barton in '10.  Then the real decline happened with the jump to AAAA in '12.  At the same time they graduated some of their biggest classes, so numbers were down while trying to complete in AAAA.
Their elementary has been bleeding kids for years and it's finally caught up to the football program.  Their #'s 4-8th grade are basically non-existent.

Don't know why I didn't remember they dropped back down....cause I watched them lose to Atkins in 2008 3a playoffs.

goldoline

Has the position been filled? 

Arkansas Football 18

young_gun

Zach Welchman has been named new head coach.

Jimbo Morphis

young_gun

Any Given Friday

2fe

Quote from: Any Given Friday on February 24, 2018, 10:12:48 pm
Doubtful many applied.

I've heard from someone that should know, it was around 10.  Had 1 "really good candidate" that turned it down after offered.  They then went with an assistant.

Mancho Hogo

Quote from: 2fe on February 27, 2018, 02:45:11 pm
I've heard from someone that should know, it was around 10.  Had 1 "really good candidate" that turned it down after offered.  They then went with an assistant.

This is what I was told also.  The one would surprise you

JohnBarleycorn

Quote from: Mancho Hogo on March 01, 2018, 09:00:32 am
This is what I was told also.  The one would surprise you

Shouldn't surprise anyone.  He's a heck of a coach.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on March 01, 2018, 10:12:54 am
Shouldn't surprise anyone.  He's a heck of a coach.

If he is a really good coach its probably a surprise he applied

eagle1

Quote from: 2fe on February 08, 2018, 10:00:29 pm
They were AAA not AA.
True they were 3A, but that was still up one class from actual enrollment. When they were pushed to 4A, they were 5 students above the cutoff to stay at 3A so yes in reality they were a 2A school by numbers being forced up to 4A.

eagle1

Quote from: 2fe on February 27, 2018, 02:45:11 pm
25 applied.

SUGARTOWN

I can't see too much improvement for them in the near future. The drop to 3A will certainly help but they have to get the numbers up in order to truly compete.

2fe

Quote from: eagle1 on March 06, 2018, 12:57:47 pm
25 applied.

Hmmm....I guess the administrator I talked to lied.

eagle1

Quote from: 2fe on March 07, 2018, 12:33:31 am
I would not say lied, just may not have known. I can 100% guarantee the 25 number is correct.

eagle1

Quote from: eagle1 on March 07, 2018, 12:51:59 pm
I would not say lied, just may not have known. I can 100% guarantee the 25 number is correct.
Not sure the number matters. Hired a good man. Now focus on numbers.

MagicMike

Quote from: 2fe on March 07, 2018, 12:33:31 am

That could get him fired at a school like Baptist

Mulerider4Life

They should be able to ink out a few wins dropping down to 3A. I know a pitcher on the baseball team couldn't make a big school roster so he transferred to Baptist. Are a lot of the true athletes here just transfers from big schools?

2fe

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on March 21, 2018, 11:26:58 am
They should be able to ink out a few wins dropping down to 3A. I know a pitcher on the baseball team couldn't make a big school roster so he transferred to Baptist. Are a lot of the true athletes here just transfers from big schools?

Very few

beach bum

If BP stays 3A for an extended time(don't know if that is the case)..... They will eventually have a class or two that comes through and makes some damage at the 3A level. Its bound to happen. There is a pretty sizable drop off from 4A to 3A.

Lumberjackfan1978

They should be able to get a few wins dropping down to 3A if they stay 3A for awhile

Mulerider4Life

I guess those Under Armour sweatbands all the private school kids wear don't equal wins.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas