• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post Christmas Tournaments

Started by silvers, December 23, 2017, 08:00:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

silvers

7A West:

Bentonville
   Lendal Thomas Classic in Harrison
Bentonville West
   Neosho Christmas Classic in Neosho, MO
Fayetteville
   Poplar Bluff ShowDown in Poplar Bluff, MO
Rogers
   Siloam Springs Holiday Classic
Rogers Heritage
   Enid Holiday Classic, Enid, OK
Springdale
   Siloam Springs Holiday Classic
Springdale Har-Ber
   Ronnie Brogdon Holiday Tournament in Highland, AR
Van Buren
   Neosho Christmas Classic in Neosho, MO

businesstron

Neosho Holiday Classic is always fun.  I always try to get down there for the semifinal games.  I beleive NLR, Maumelle, West Memphis, and Morrilton are going to be there from Arkansas as well. 

The Coke Classic in Fort Smith is also decent too.   Bryant, Northside, Southside, Robinson, and El Dorado and Little Rock Hall will be in that one. I think there may be a few more for that one though. 

BirdCall

Anybody got the bracket for the coke classic tournament going on in Fort Smith? I heard Gerald  Doakes will be eligible to play for Jacksonville high since it is the second semester starting up. It will be good to see one of the top players in the state back on the court. I'm sure he will run away with MVP honors of the tournament unless Isaiah Joe stops him.

biglion1985

My team plays Har-Ber today in the tourney at Highland

Razorback Red

December 29, 2017, 02:55:54 pm #4 Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 03:15:26 pm by Razorback Red
Really good semifinal game tonight at 6:30pm at Neosho.  Prob the 2 best teams in the tourney on the same side of the bracket.  NLR will be playing Cy Falls (Houston), TX, who is the defending 6A champs in TX and in the Super 25 again so far this season. 

I'll be there pulling for NLR with my Hog gear on, but they'll have to play their best game of the year to win this one.  Would be a huge win for AR HS basketball if they can pull off the upset. 

businesstron

Quote from: Razorback Red on December 29, 2017, 02:55:54 pm
Really good semifinal game tonight at 6:30pm at Neosho.  Prob the 2 best teams in the tourney on the same side of the bracket.  NLR will be playing Cy Falls (Houston), TX, who is the defending 6A champs in TX and in the Super 25 again so far this season. 

I'll be there pulling for NLR with my Hog gear on, but they'll have to play their best game of the year to win this one.  Would be a huge win for AR HS basketball if they can pull off the upset. 

NLR looked good beating Cy-Falls Friday and Layfayette yesterday.   I don't think the win is that big of a deal as far as Arkansas basketball goes.  The best teams in Arkansas have usually done pretty good against Texas teams.   I remember Parkview beating Plano West a couple of years ago in the Whataburger tourney in Fort Worth.   Plano West went on to win the state title in 6a that year with like 2 of the players on that team going on to play for Texas AM and another for Ohio State..   

But NLR looked good and the crazy part was it wasn't Moore or Moody who stole the show.  It was the shortest dude on the court a sophmore point guard named Otis Jordan who made some big plays to beat Cy-Falls.  They look like a deep team though.  They are gonna be hard to beat the next few months....especially when they get Fudge back.

BirdCall

Coke Classic was rather weak this year and hate the way the first round games are set up really weak games.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas