• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-3 Conference 2017-2018

Started by NEark tigers, December 19, 2017, 11:10:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEark tigers

December 19, 2017, 11:10:28 pm Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 11:12:56 pm by NEark tigers
2A-3 NORTH
Earle
Cross County
Des Arc
McCrory
Augusta

2A-3 SOUTH
Clarendon
Hazen
Palestine-Wheatley
Brinkley
Carlisle

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I guess they used I-40 as the dividing line.

NEark tigers

We (Earle) play everybody in the North just one time, and no one from the South.....kinda ironic..

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: NEark tigers on December 20, 2017, 12:33:59 pm
We (Earle) play everybody in the North just one time, and no one from the South.....kinda ironic..

That's crazy, we play everyone on the list except Clarendon. Whoever is doing this schedule crap needs a Xanax.

HoopKing

They were only required to play the teams in their division to seed for the district tournament.  The one seed from each division gets a bye all the way to semifinals.  The other schools have to battle two rounds to get there.   It's a better solution than voting like most conferences.  This is the last year for it though

birddawg1986

December 20, 2017, 03:45:00 pm #5 Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 03:49:04 pm by birddawg1986
Save on mileage

Pick_DA_EAGLES

MomaLion

Quote from: NEark tigers on December 20, 2017, 12:33:59 pm
The only team we play from the north is Augusta...and that may be because their sup. was our principal just before going to Augusta and she was the girls basketball coach many years ago when I was in school.

MomaLion

Quote from: HoopKing on December 20, 2017, 12:38:31 pm
They were only required to play the teams in their division to seed for the district tournament.  The one seed from each division gets a bye all the way to semifinals.  The other schools have to battle two rounds to get there.   It's a better solution than voting like most conferences.  This is the last year for it though

Well it's pretty obvious who those seeds will be.  Why beat up on weaker teams to get there? Sounds like a good idea in this case...now if the divisions were stronger, i'd like to see them all play it out.  This is for boys that i'm speaking of however it'll probably be the same for girls..just with one of those teams being different.
Clarendon/Earle boys
Carlisle/Earle girls

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas