• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NEA Tournament

Started by 1Lurker, December 19, 2017, 01:04:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1Lurker

Scores and Game Predictions.

NEA Razorback olfan

AuburnTigers98

ICC will play Ridgefield tomorrow night. For the first round, ICC had a bye and Ridgefield beat Mammoth Spring by about 20 pts.
ICC is a great team and will no doubt win this game easily. They should also make it to the finals.  My prediction is ICC vs Marked Tree in the finals with ICC winning by 10.

AuburnTigers98

CRA wins in double OT against #5 BIC.

Bay beats Viola 64-39.
Nothing impressive here. Bay used to have a really good program. I wonder what has happened to it. Bay is ranked #8, but I believe CRA ranked #12 and Ridgefield ranked #10 could beat them. Either way, Bay will lose by at least 30 to Marked Tree in the next round.

hogheaven11

Quote from: AuburnTigers98 on December 19, 2017, 06:30:21 pm
ICC will play Ridgefield tomorrow night. For the first round, ICC had a bye and Ridgefield beat Mammoth Spring by about 20 pts.
ICC is a great team and will no doubt win this game easily. They should also make it to the finals.  My prediction is ICC vs Marked Tree in the finals with ICC winning by 10.

😂😂😂

AuburnTigers98

Mammoth Spring girls go down to Tuckerman on a last second three pointer in OT.
Great game!

bbfan89

"Mammoth" comeback for the Lady Bulldogs. The Lady Bears were probably looking past Tuckerman.

bscinar

Bay girls took care of business against EPC.  The girls were looking forward to facing Mammoth....  better be ready for Tuckerman.

Backboard Shattered

ballmember

The times I saw Mammoth Springs not much defense.    I think they have the talent.   something missing.

bscinar

December 27, 2017, 05:41:25 pm #10 Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 08:28:28 am by bscinar
Bay Lady Jackets just won their first NEA title over a 20-0 Riverside team

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bscinar on December 27, 2017, 05:41:25 pm
Bay Lasy Jackets just won their first NEA title over a 20-0 Riverside team

Nea Facebook page disagrees...Bay Girls won the NEA tournament in 03.

bscinar

I was just going by what the people were saying in the stands.  It was the craziest ending I've seen in a long time.

birddawg1986

Was one of the craziest endings that I have ever seen. Congratulations to Bay

Majorpain

It was pretty awesome. Congrats to Bay. Good ball being played by 1A right now!

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: bscinar on December 27, 2017, 05:41:25 pm
Bay Lasy Jackets just won their first NEA title over a 20-0 Riverside team
How do you know they are lasy?

game_day

While that is a fantastic play , from the video posted above the ball was still in her hand as time expired and if it was reviewable at high school level play basket would not have counted.  Either way heck of a way to win and terrible way to lose a game.

Moonshiner

Quote from: game_day on December 28, 2017, 10:25:04 am
While that is a fantastic play , from the video posted above the ball was still in her hand as time expired and if it was reviewable at high school level play basket would not have counted.  Either way heck of a way to win and terrible way to lose a game.

I thought the same thing.  Still an awesome play and good win for Bay.

cannon

Quote from: Moonshiner on December 28, 2017, 11:08:01 am
I thought the same thing.  Still an awesome play and good win for Bay.

While true, if you watch the shot clock over the basket, you'll see that it starts well before anybody touches the ball, and it shouldn't have.  If reviewed, that win would stand.  The first contact with that ball was a touch-and-release.  If you run that video in slow-mo, it's obvious that the clock expired before anybody on the floor made contact with it.  Bad score keeping. 

HorseFeathers

Or they would have reran the play

game_day

December 28, 2017, 01:19:55 pm #20 Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 01:27:08 pm by game_day
Its interesting play indeed. I run it in slow-mo her hand is contacting the ball at .2 and it does not leave her hand before clock expires, but  if the clock started early as it appears it may have what would have been the appropriate thing to do. if this would have happened in a college game what would replay officials have done? I have no dog in the hunt not a bay fan or riverside fan, sure it was a great game to see.

birddawg1986

The baseline official dropped his hand to signal the clock to start which was a NO NO. It is true that the shot did NOT leave her hand before the buzzer and should not of counted. But since the .06 would have consisted for a good Bay basket. Maybe not fair but it all worked out in the end. For Riverside this would not of happen if Hoffman has all the players back and not up. His biggest girls that cant move were beat from the throw. So I blame Hoffman for the loss. Great game of two teams that you could possibly see in each classification state final.

ISU7

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 27, 2017, 06:22:45 pm
Nea Facebook page disagrees...Bay Girls won the NEA tournament in 03.
The officials got it right the score keeper ran off.03 tenths of a sec from the .06 the clock was showing before the mistake by the time keeper. the Lady rebels were celebrating instead of getting back on defense. Bay win was fair. 8)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas