• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Winter Break Top 5

Started by BannerChaser95, December 18, 2017, 11:02:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerChaser95

This will be purely my top 5 for boys, just my opinion. So agree to disagree

1) Omaha Well, it isn't college baseball season, but we see Omaha on everyone's map right now. Omaha comes in to the break with a loss out of state that has no affect what so ever on their season. Matlock continues to post big numbers and Omaha continues to blow teams out. Omaha being in what I see as the second weakest region out there, should finish at the top and roll in to state as Projected 1 seed as. I see no one on the rest of the schedule competing with the eagles.

2) ICC Izard County has one of the tougher schedules behind Armorel, but only one loss. In what is the best player in the state and only a sophomore, Cooper has continued to preform in and out of games this season. ICC has to play decent most nights of it could be another L in that stuff competition of a conference and teams in the region. Keep up the good work icc.

3) County Line same as Omaha the only loss being out of state has no affect to the season for CL Indians and they look to be the stand out in the conference. I hope to personally get to watch the clash between CL Indians and Kirby Trojans in a rematch of last Regionals finals. It's seems to be that few stand in the way of that happening with only a couple of teams in the conferences of CL being over .500 I look at CL to finish the season with little struggle before post season play.

4) Kirby if their were ever "Good losses" I'd say Kirby is the best 2 loss team in the 1A Boys group. Same story as County Line with only a couple teams in conference play even being above .500 it looks like Kirby's headed towards consecutive regional finals against CL in the Region 4 Finals. I look for Kirby to stay in the top 4-5 the remainder of the season baring the wheels falling off.

5 Guy, and we have the reigning state champions rounding out the top 5. With a head scratcher loss at home and the possible injury of players along with other unknowns you have to wonder what Hutchcraft has up his sleaves. Any out of town relatives to call? Or is this the end of the life lines for a couple of years? Only time will tell what guy brings to the table each night. But some good wins early keeps the State champions in the mix for the 17-18 season.

ballmember

I would substitute concord for county line.  And yes, they had one of best players missing when played Omaha.   No I meant best player and the best player in his conference. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ballmember on December 18, 2017, 04:36:17 pm
I would substitute concord for county line.  And yes, they had one of best players missing when played Omaha.   No I meant best player and the best player in his conference. 

Makes up 30+ points?

Bomberman

thebigman3

Quote from: ballmember on December 18, 2017, 04:36:17 pm
Stop.

BannerMountainMan

Well Shirley and Concord did beat Midland handily and Guy had trouble

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 18, 2017, 07:10:48 pm
Well Shirley and Concord did beat Midland handily and Guy had trouble
I could entertain an argument for concord instead of Guy. I mean Concords solid 7 point win over midland (8-6) may not be the slaughter you thought. So I'll leave it how I have it with guy Perkins on the way down it may seem. But this first half the season they're top 5.

BasketballNeverStops

I was at the Concord-Omaha game. Concord was playing it's fourth game in five days. They got behind 20 in the third quarter and subbed out while Omaha did not. Omaha wanted to get the lead to 30 so they could get the clock to run. Concord is 13-0 with it's best player.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on December 18, 2017, 07:22:08 pm
I was at the Concord-Omaha game. Concord was playing it's fourth game in five days. They got behind 20 in the third quarter and subbed out while Omaha did not. Omaha wanted to get the lead to 30 so they could get the clock to run. Concord is 13-0 with it's best player.
And if they keep winning they'll be in the top 5. 15-3 is still 15-3. If they win state I'll be the first to say I misread the current top In December. Whoops lol but it's reallt irrelevant what I think to begin with.

begpmat

I was also at Omaha-Concord game and Omaha starters came out middle way through 2nd quarter and played half of third quarter it was never a game and if they would of played most of the game would of beat them 50. Yes, Cornett said his best player was out, but you can ask him today Concord wasn't in Omaha's league that night and wouldn't of been if he was there. Yes, Concord is doing better and they may be a top team now, but I believe Cornett will contest to Omaha being the team to beat.

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 18, 2017, 07:16:26 pm
I could entertain an argument for concord instead of Guy. I mean Concords solid 7 point win over midland (8-6) may not be the slaughter you thought. So I'll leave it how I have it with guy Perkins on the way down it may seem. But this first half the season they're top 5.
They scored 3 points in OT while Guy scored 18. Yall are forgetting Guy isn't at their strongest and are barely getting beat by teams like Drew Central(Guy was beating them until Spires got hurt) Bearden,Clinton. and Midland 3 main starters were gone. When they regain Spires back it will help them tremendously. Especially in the rebounding category.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on December 18, 2017, 08:14:48 pm
They scored 3 points in OT while Guy scored 18. Yall are forgetting Guy isn't at their strongest and are barely getting beat by teams like Drew Central(Guy was beating them until Spires got hurt) Bearden,Clinton. and Midland 3 main starters were gone. When they regain Spires back it will help them tremendously. Especially in the rebounding category.

Spires Tipton and what position is the other one?

thebigman3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 18, 2017, 08:17:41 pm
Spires Tipton and what position is the other one?
Number 10 was out and Petrucelli fouled out and didn't play very well against Midland.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigman3 on December 18, 2017, 08:14:48 pm
you can't count Tipton as a starter missing anymore cause he gone.

Bigleague

It's guy.   I wouldn't count him out.   And when a kid doesn't play well I guess that means he was out!!!

thebigman3

Quote from: Bigleague on December 18, 2017, 09:27:01 pm
It's guy.   I wouldn't count him out.   And when a kid doesn't play well I guess that means he was out!!!
No that's not what i'm saying. But not playing in the 4th or OT isn't having him when it counts.

Bigleague

That's why most coaches take them out in the 3rd when they pick up their 4th

Bigleague

BannerMountainMan

Cmon now big league you know after 6th man the kids stay out and shoot during halftime

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on December 18, 2017, 09:27:01 pm
You know what there is probably some merit to this. Its been way too quiet over there about this whole situation for it to be so high profile. Hutch is up to something you can bet on that. Got that principal and superintendent in his back pocket too so I wouldnt be surprised in the least!! #winatallcosts #wegot ringsandweaintafraidtouseem #hahawhatrules

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on December 19, 2017, 09:00:00 am
You know what there is probably some merit to this. Its been way too quiet over there about this whole situation for it to be so high profile. Hutch is up to something you can bet on that. Got that principal and superintendent in his back pocket too so I wouldnt be surprised in the least!! #winatallcosts #wegot ringsandweaintafraidtouseem #hahawhatrules

If hes got them in his back pocket, then he's wearing the wrong jeans

Ramrod

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 18, 2017, 08:38:34 pm
you can't count Tipton as a starter missing anymore cause he gone.
Oh, but is he really gone yet though???

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Ramrod on December 19, 2017, 12:38:34 pm
Oh, but is he really gone yet though???
any other coach in Arkansas  wouldn't test the waters but we will see

Ramrod

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 19, 2017, 01:21:37 pm
any other coach in Arkansas  wouldn't test the waters but we will see
We'll find out soon, real soon.

Flobbito

What happened to Tipton?  He was a solid PG for MVE for the last two years, did he get hurt, or just not fit in at Guy?

SackAttack

Quote from: Flobbito on December 19, 2017, 03:30:43 pm
What happened to Tipton?  He was a solid PG for MVE for the last two years, did he get hurt, or just not fit in at Guy?
On the contrary I think he fits in at Guy real good. Real real good!!

Ramrod

Quote from: SackAttack on December 19, 2017, 04:43:18 pm
On the contrary I think he fits in at Guy real good. Real real good!!
And what ya mean by that huh???

HorseFeathers

No longer with the team

Flobbito

"No longer with the team"
I gathered that, just didn't know the circumstances.  Someone PM'd me the reason why, that's too bad I liked watching him play.

hooperfromwestside

He was their pg for 3 years. Started as freshman

Backboard Shattered

Prob be swept under the rug especially if they start losing he will be back.  Just watch.  Notorious for trying to win instead of doing the right thing

ballmember

At semester break, Guy may vault to number one.   You know how rental property is in such demand at guy. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas