• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region/State Bids

Started by HorseFeathers, December 15, 2017, 09:34:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Any rumors circulating about which far flung corner of the state is bidding on state this year? Maybe Dermott or Hampton? We haven't been that way for state in 10 years or so haha

NWA Hawg

BigLion10

Maybe Strong or Hermitage will get it

BannerMountainMan

Man I really hope Clinton gets it this year, so close last year but it was a good one at Ida

NWA Hawg

BigLion10

NWA Hawg

Quote from: BigLion10 on December 15, 2017, 10:06:37 am
Stranger things have happened  ;D

Have you ever been to either gym?

BigLion10

BigLion10

Sacred Heart works too for state

NWA Hawg

Quote from: BigLion10 on December 15, 2017, 10:10:53 am
Yes I have, have you?

Yes. No way hermitage holds a regional let alone state. Strong has a 1/100 chance.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on December 15, 2017, 10:12:26 am
Sacred Heart works too for state

Some people just want to see the world burn

BigLion10

Quote from: fann07 on December 15, 2017, 10:15:28 am
Yes. No way hermitage holds a regional let alone state. Strong has a 1/100 chance.
Always that one time though

BannerChaser95

Bout time for the horrible rotation back to Harrison. I know with 1A being so spread out it's harder to get in a GREAT location. But I hate that court! My votes Little Rock, Conway, Hot springs.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 15, 2017, 10:32:28 am
Bout time for the horrible rotation back to Harrison. I know with 1A being so spread out it's harder to get in a GREAT location. But I hate that court! My votes Little Rock, Conway, Hot springs.

Barton?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 15, 2017, 10:44:58 am
Barton?

Okay. Hot springs, Conway, and Little Rock (Minus Barton and Little Rock McClellan)

BigLion10

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 15, 2017, 10:46:52 am

Okay. Hot springs, Conway, and Little Rock (Minus Barton and Little Rock McClellan)
What about LR Mills or Fair, those would be prime spots  ;D ;D

BannerMountainMan

Timbo!! You got the big town of MV to do all the housing and then you got the Dairy barn in Timbo!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BigLion10 on December 15, 2017, 10:50:29 am
What about LR Mills or Fair, those would be prime spots  ;D ;D
i guess I should clarify even more. The location of Little Rock in a decent gym, in a decent neighborhood, Pulaski Academy for example lol

BigLion10

Nothing wrong with SW LR cmon banner chaser haha

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BigLion10 on December 15, 2017, 11:11:44 am
Nothing wrong with SW LR cmon banner chaser haha
I'll let you watch state at Geyer springs rd then. I'll just keep updated on here.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 15, 2017, 11:16:32 am
I'll let you watch state at Geyer springs rd then. I'll just keep updated on here.

I prefer mablevale

HOGS1976

Would love to see it back at Nashville, in my opinion one of the best atmospheres I have ever been to!!! The arena is completely 1st class and Coach Slayton put on a show with his announcing!!

BigLion10

Nah im more of a Baseline type of guy my self

ballmember

Greers ferry westside would be a great location, and it is a class a gym.   Needs to be in north part this year.   mt ida did a good job last year.  for it to be at Clinton some class a school would need to sponsor.  dont know who that would be.   guy probably only one in area that for sure will make state.   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ballmember on December 15, 2017, 11:27:52 am
Greers ferry westside would be a great location, and it is a class a gym.   Needs to be in north part this year.   mt ida did a good job last year.  for it to be at Clinton some class a school would need to sponsor.  dont know who that would be.   guy probably only one in area that for sure will make state.   

Omaha @ NACC....

BannerChaser95

I'm not a fan of "it needs to be north because it was southern last year" just my take. Harrison is a horrible court, the state tournament shouldn't be played on a rubberized court ever. That's like practice gym material.

BigLion10

Harrison opened a new gym this year

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BigLion10 on December 15, 2017, 11:38:16 am
Harrison opened a new gym this year
the college got a new gym? Are they using a real wood floor?

BigLion10

Oh sorry, thought u was talking high school don't have a clue about the college

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BigLion10 on December 15, 2017, 11:43:33 am
Oh sorry, thought u was talking high school don't have a clue about the college
I guess I may be incorrect but I could have SWORN that gym had a rubber coating back in 2015. Maybe it was just me but I didn't like that!  However all the pictures I'm finding look like a new floor in the gym so I'll be quite if it's a normal court.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 15, 2017, 11:41:32 am
the college got a new gym? Are they using a real wood floor?

The high school has a new gymand the college replaced the rubber floor with wood about 2 years ago.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: fann07 on December 15, 2017, 11:58:24 am
The high school has a new gymand the college replaced the rubber floor with wood about 2 years ago.
Good, I'll be quite. I knew I wasn't crazy!! I'll be sure to tell the doctors how wrong they've been!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 15, 2017, 11:34:49 am
I'm not a fan of "it needs to be north because it was southern last year" just my take. Harrison is a horrible court, the state tournament shouldn't be played on a rubberized court ever. That's like practice gym material.

Only cause Kirby has basically hosted 2 out of last 4 years(1 was actually Mt Ida but W/e).. And I'm hearing grumblings their gonna try and get it again this year

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 15, 2017, 12:11:29 pm
Only cause Kirby has basically hosted 2 out of last 4 years(1 was actually Mt Ida but W/e).. And I'm hearing grumblings their gonna try and get it again this year
are you? And Mt. Ida hosted on their own free accord. I'd be good with Kirby hosting it again at Nashville, or somewhere i don't know, New?!?

yesteryearman

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 15, 2017, 09:34:29 am
Any rumors circulating about which far flung corner of the state is bidding on state this year? Maybe Dermott or Hampton? We haven't been that way for state in 10 years or so haha

State was at Kirby South in 2015 and Kirby North in 2017, how about Kirby East (Henderson, Ouachita, Arkadelphia) or Kirby West (Mena or DeQueen}.......just saying......

ErnestTBass

Morrilton opening up new gym Monday night!! Talked to a guy today from Sacred Heart! Said Morrilton was going to bud state for Wonderview and Sacred Heart as co-hosts! Seats upwards of 2000 plus mezzanine! Video boards on both ends! Sacred plays Morrilton Monday to open it up! I'm going!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ErnestTBass on December 16, 2017, 07:44:23 pm
Morrilton opening up new gym Monday night!! Talked to a guy today from Sacred Heart! Said Morrilton was going to bud state for Wonderview and Sacred Heart as co-hosts! Seats upwards of 2000 plus mezzanine! Video boards on both ends! Sacred plays Morrilton Monday to open it up! I'm going!!

For once I hope your right.... I'd be there every night

HorseFeathers

Quote from: yesteryearman on December 16, 2017, 07:28:29 pm

State was at Kirby South in 2015 and Kirby North in 2017, how about Kirby East (Henderson, Ouachita, Arkadelphia) or Kirby West (Mena or DeQueen}.......just saying......

Think closer to the East side of Kirby....west side of Hot Springs

Moonshiner

I have heard that Morrilton will also bid on their own classifications state.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 16, 2017, 07:59:12 pm
Think closer to the East side of Kirby....west side of Hot Springs
Lake Hamilton area....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 16, 2017, 10:44:40 pm
Lake Hamilton area....

That's south of hot springs geeez....you meant Pearcy area lolol

doctor in the house

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 15, 2017, 10:32:28 am

They just put in a brand new wood floor at the college in Harrison.. It is gorgeous!!

thebigman3

It would be cool to host in Conways gym. def big enough.

NWA Hawg

I don't know why everyone wants it in a big gym. I like the fill of a mount Ida size gym where everyone is packed in. To me if you put it in a real big gym you lose the feel of a state tournament.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: fann07 on December 18, 2017, 06:45:08 am
I don't know why everyone wants it in a big gym. I like the fill of a mount Ida size gym where everyone is packed in. To me if you put it in a real big gym you lose the feel of a state tournament.

Something about getting a seat 🤷

Bigleague

Yes be cool to host in Conway gym that way those kids from guy can feel right at home.  If you know what I mean. 

BannerChaser95

Quote from: doctor in the house on December 17, 2017, 07:17:19 pm
They just put in a brand new wood floor at the college in Harrison.. It is gorgeous!!
I saw that. I'm fine with Harrison every 3-4 years on a wood floor. It's not okay to drive that far for some of us to watch basketball in a place that doesn't even have a normal court.

ltb759

1A State will be in Hempwallace. Right off Wolf Dr, right past Adam Brown Rd.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: ltb759 on December 18, 2017, 11:05:39 am
1A State will be in Hempwallace. Right off Wolf Dr, right past Adam Brown Rd.
I know for a fact they'll at least be putting the bid in, and it's hard to say it's not a good location when 5 days later the finals are across town...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on December 18, 2017, 11:53:22 am
I know for a fact they'll at least be putting the bid in, and it's hard to say it's not a good location when 5 days later the finals are across town...

It's a good location because it's minutes from Kirby... You can admit it, it's okay lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas